Moussa Dembele

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Moussa Dembele

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Frenchmen Moussa Dembele has been a fantastic signing for Celtic and they got him for a 'steal' (around 0.5 million UK pounds) from Fulham. He has many admirers but his agent stated he will remain at Celtic for another 4 years. Like the sound of it but his agent is playing a clever and expected game. Will make the interested clubs bid higher to prise him away and yes he will go far earlier for an over inflated price and why? Because the modern game game and the business of being a winner demands it. All sorts of values have been heaped against his name and quite rightly Celtic are in no rush. All about supply and demand and no doubt when the time is right for all concerned he will be on his way to the much glorified EPL. If it is purely motivated money he will most likely end up at Chelsea though Conte does impress me as a coach and a leader of players. Arsenal will also be interested though much may depend if Wenger stays or leaves.
What I like about Dembele is that he performs at his highest level in important games and does not shirk responsibility. There have been suggestions that he is over-rated and will find it tough in the EPL. I would suggest otherwise and though the Scottish Premier League lacks quality (Celtic aside) I would say comparisons could be drawn with a certain Kenny Dalglish. A replacement for Kevin Keegan and many down south questioned his ability. Dalglish mesmerised them and is rated by many as their greatest ever player (by players and fans alike), quite a feat when you are comparing true legends of the game.
If Dembele continues to improve at his current rate he will be on the move sooner rather than later and I don't think the price tag will phase him. Hope he under performs for us in lesser games so we can hold him for longer.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Moussa Dembele

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Apologies moderators (and others), please move to World Football thread. Me bad!

Mod Of Bury
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Mod Of Bury »

thebeautifulgame wrote:Apologies moderators (and others), please move to World Football thread. Me bad!
You could have deleted it and reposted it yourself, but alas that opportunity has now gone :P

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

thebeautifulgame wrote:Frenchmen Moussa Dembele has been a fantastic signing for Celtic and they got him for a 'steal' (around 0.5 million UK pounds) from Fulham. He has many admirers but his agent stated he will remain at Celtic for another 4 years. Like the sound of it but his agent is playing a clever and expected game. Will make the interested clubs bid higher to prise him away and yes he will go far earlier for an over inflated price and why? Because the modern game game and the business of being a winner demands it. All sorts of values have been heaped against his name and quite rightly Celtic are in no rush. All about supply and demand and no doubt when the time is right for all concerned he will be on his way to the much glorified EPL. If it is purely motivated money he will most likely end up at Chelsea though Conte does impress me as a coach and a leader of players. Arsenal will also be interested though much may depend if Wenger stays or leaves.
What I like about Dembele is that he performs at his highest level in important games and does not shirk responsibility. There have been suggestions that he is over-rated and will find it tough in the EPL. I would suggest otherwise and though the Scottish Premier League lacks quality (Celtic aside) I would say comparisons could be drawn with a certain Kenny Dalglish. A replacement for Kevin Keegan and many down south questioned his ability. Dalglish mesmerised them and is rated by many as their greatest ever player (by players and fans alike), quite a feat when you are comparing true legends of the game.
If Dembele continues to improve at his current rate he will be on the move sooner rather than later and I don't think the price tag will phase him. Hope he under performs for us in lesser games so we can hold him for longer.
He was rubbish at Fulham, which is why they let him go for peanuts. Looking good whilst playing for a dominant Celtic in a poor league like the SPL doesn't really tell you much. He might have improved, but he might not, I certainly wouldn't pay much for him, but you're right that there's more money than sense in the EPL.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower