Son of a Legend Dies

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Son of a Legend Dies

Post by Old Master »

Leeds United to remember Duncan Revie

Minute's applause to take place ahead of kick-off against Barnsley...

Everybody at Leeds United Football Club was incredibly saddened to learn of the recent passing of Duncan Revie, the son of the most successful manager in the club’s history, Don Revie.

As a mark of respect to Duncan, who was a hugely popular figure at the club while growing up during his father’s stewardship at Elland Road and went on to enjoy a successful career in the football industry, we will be holding a minute’s applause ahead of kick-off at this Saturday’s Yorkshire derby with Barnsley.

Members of the Revie family have been invited to Saturday’s game as our special guests and will be pitch-side during the minute’s applause.

Leeds United Football Club sends its condolences and support to the Revie family at this difficult time.

I knew 'Dunc' quite well during my time in England and kept in contact with him right up until I found out about his death on Friday, from his family.

I'll miss his friendship and his information on Football matters in the UK.

He always lived in his Dad's shadow but still managed to carve out a name for himself in Football. OM
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Son of a Legend Dies

Post by God is an Englishman »

Did he play at all?

Seems a bit much to have a minute of applause just for being the son of someone. I guess that despite him being one of the worst managers England has had it shows the love they have for him at dirty leeds.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

God is an Englishman wrote:Did he play at all?

Seems a bit much to have a minute of applause just for being the son of someone. I guess that despite him being one of the worst managers England has had it shows the love they have for him at dirty leeds.

A Millwall supporter calling Leeds 'dirty', now that's a laugh.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:

If you don't know why they are called "Dirty Leeds" then obviously you know nothing about the club under Revie.

How many times have you watched Millwall play?
(don't worry I don't expect you to answer a simple question)

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Note how once again, the old "master" plays a personal card even on his own thread about a deceased "friend".

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Soccerex is extremely saddened to announce the death of its founder, Duncan Revie.

Revie, 62, passed away peacefully earlier this week after a brief illness.

He leaves a wife, Rita, and two children, Aidan and Natalie.

The son of former England manager, Don Revie, Duncan founded Soccerex in 1995 as a way of connecting the industry and enhancing the game’s commercial potential and has been at the forefront of the game’s continual success across the globe.

Soccerex Chairman Tony Martin said; "This has come as a tremendous shock to us all. Duncan was revered throughout the global football industry.

"His vision, drive and determination established the Soccerex brand in 1995. It was his passion and commitment which took the conference across the globe and developed it into the world's most influential football business networking conference.

“He was a most special man and football is a much poorer place without him."

In memory of Duncan, a JustGiving page has been set up in support of Cancer Research UK. If you would like to make a contribution, please visit justgiving.com/duncanrevie.

Duncan Revie biography

Duncan was brought up in the world of football. His late father, the legendary Leeds United and England Manager, Don Revie was something of visionary and instilled in his son a sense of just what football could be, taking him onto the pitch at Elland Road in the 1970s and describing how one day the stadium would be full of hospitality boxes and sponsors.

Duncan was educated at Repton School and went on to read law at Queens College, Cambridge.

Those that knew Duncan would appreciate that he was never destined to be a lawyer and after University and a short spell at Lovell White & King he began a career in corporate hospitality which was at that stage in its infancy.

Then, in 1995, whilst attending ‘In the City’, a business event for the music industry, Duncan Revie and his wife Rita saw the opportunity to do the same for the football industry. Combining his football roots with the vast hospitality experience that he and Rita shared, Duncan, together with his business partner, Tony Martin, hosted the first Soccerex Convention in 1996.

In the 21 years since the company was founded, Duncan, Rita and Tony have led Soccerex at 39 events across 5 different continents, connecting the football industry and providing a platform that countless businesses and people have benefited from. In so doing, they and their staff have established Soccerex as the leading provider of football business events and made it the globally recognised industry brand it is today.

Duncan was never a player destined to play as a Professional but played Football at school and university, 'with enthusiasm'.
His other passion was music and he worked in various positions within the sector until he and Rita had the idea for a way to improve the business side of football..
He always wanted to be involved in the professional game in some way and eventually found it when he founded 'Soccerex and the rest is history.
The reason he was awarded a minute of applause was because he was well regarded by the club and the supporters for his work to improve the business side of the club and enable it to become stable again, off the field, after the financial woes they suffered that led to their rapid descent of the recent past. OM

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

God is an Englishman wrote:Note how once again, the old "master" plays a personal card even on his own thread about a deceased "friend".
At last you have revealed the real reason for your continual attacks upon my posts:

YOU ARE SIMPLY JEALOUS! :idea: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Note how once again, the old "master" plays a personal card even on his own thread about a deceased "friend".
At last you have revealed the real reason for your continual attacks upon my posts:

YOU ARE SIMPLY JEALOUS! :idea: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You're the one "attacking" me above. Right back at you!

Now, before you worry I don't respond immediately, I'm just off for a walk to the shops.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Old Master wrote:

You're the one "attacking" me above. Right back at you!

Now, before you worry I don't respond immediately, I'm just off for a walk to the shops.

You are the one with the history of attacking people with more football experience than you on this this forum.

You are just a jealous little man with no talent. :roll:

Oh, I'm off for the next few days days so don't panic, you haven't frightened me off. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:You are the one with the history of attacking people with more football experience than you on this this forum.

Oh, I'm off for the next few days days so don't panic, you haven't frightened me off. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If that's true then why are you attacking me in your own "friends" post?

What a sad life when you can't even post about someone dying without making it personal. I actually feel sorry for you.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Old Master wrote:

The Sun newspaper rated Millwall the dirtiest side in England over the past five seasons .

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... e-seasons/.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

ozzie owl wrote:
Old Master wrote:

The Sun newspaper rated Millwall the dirtiest side in England over the past five seasons .

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... e-seasons/.
Using their own scoring system. The fact we are by even close to the top in reds shows we're just playing the game tough which is how the game should be played.

However, even they refer in that article to "dirty Leeds".

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... e-seasons/.[/quote]

No disrespect O O but I would not quote The Sun as being the most trustworthy newspaper as they often hang
v

their dirty laundry out to dry, not that I am defending GIAE'S team in any shape or form. Was their (The Sun's) opinion referring to Millwall's players, supporters or the Club in general? In truth it doesn't take a genius to quote: "Millwall- PROBABLY the dirtiest team in the world" (beginning to sound like an old advert for Carlsberg beer). In the case of Millwall as they can't be seen as the best team on the park some of their so called supporters take pride in causing mayhem off it (though in some cases I believe the mayhem is on it) :lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

The article was based on an article that appeared in 4-4-2.

It took games for the last 5 years and gave a point for every booking and 2 points for every red card. To start with there is the issue for me, a red should be worth more than 2 points. I have no problem with players picking up bookings as they're part of the game, as long as they then pull their head in and don't see the red card.

Booking - part of the game
Send Offs - letting down your team

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

God is an Englishman wrote:The article was based on an article that appeared in 4-4-2.

It took games for the last 5 years and gave a point for every booking and 2 points for every red card. To start with there is the issue for me, a red should be worth more than 2 points. I have no problem with players picking up bookings as they're part of the game, as long as they then pull their head in and don't see the red card.

Booking - part of the game
Send Offs - letting down your team
Agreed, it's pretty easy to get bookings and sometimes you need to incur them. However you generally only get sent off if you lose control.
It's all in the Delivery!

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Old Master wrote:You are the one with the history of attacking people with more football experience than you on this this forum.

What a sad life when you can't even post about someone dying without making it personal. I actually feel sorry for you.

Of course I'm going to make it personal, Duncan was a friend, and a bloody good one too, so it was personal.

You on the other hand instantly took the offence and did your usual trick of making it all about YOU.

This will be my last comment on this as I am going to take the weekend to Grieve for the loss of a man I liked and respected for many years, probably a situation you have no familiarity with.

For once, I ask you to show some respect and shut the F up.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:

Of course I'm going to make it personal, Duncan was a friend, and a bloody good one too, so it was personal.

You on the other hand instantly took the offence and did your usual trick of making it all about YOU.

This will be my last comment on this as I am going to take the weekend to Grieve for the loss of a man I liked and respected for many years, probably a situation you have no familiarity with.

For once, I ask you to show some respect and shut the F up.
How did I possibly make it about me, you thick champagne? No doubt you will be unable to answer that question either.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Quote from Giae's first response to my post advising of Duncan Revie's death:

That was your typical offensive post and if you don't understand why it is offensive then you need to learn some humanity.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:Quote from Giae's first response to my post advising of Duncan Revie's death:

That was your typical offensive post and if you don't understand why it is offensive then you need to learn some humanity.
Should every club have a minute's applause for the son of someone dying?

So tell me again, how did I make it all about me? Now run along and refuse to answer simple questions.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Duncan was the son of the club's most successful manager and a strong financial supporter of Leeds United Football Club all of his working life.

He was loved by the supporters for his dedication to their club, long after his father's association with the club ceased, and his ability to understand exactly how they felt about the club.

He developed a method for Leeds and subsequently all football clubs, to increase their revenue and stabilise their businesses, that is why he was rewarded with a minute's applause.

He left a legacy that will live on well after his death.

Now, if you cannot understand that, you are even more arrogant and stupid than I and many other members of this forum already think you are.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:Duncan was the son of the club's most successful manager and a strong financial supporter of Leeds United Football Club all of his working life.

He was loved by the supporters for his dedication to their club, long after his father's association with the club ceased, and his ability to understand exactly how they felt about the club.

He developed a method for Leeds and subsequently all football clubs, to increase their revenue and stabilise their businesses, that is why he was rewarded with a minute's applause.

He left a legacy that will live on well after his death.

Now, if you cannot understand that, you are even more arrogant and stupid than I and many other members of this forum already think you are.
So, how did I make it all about me? You should change your name to Shergar.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:Now, if you cannot understand that, you are even more arrogant and stupid than I and many other members of this forum already think you are.
Once again, I point out to you that your opinion is irrelevant to me. I am also not so insecure that I need to worry about other's on this forum. Other's that I question even exist outside your mind anyway.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Old Master wrote:Now, if you cannot understand that, you are even more arrogant and stupid than I and many other members of this forum already think you are.
Once again, I point out to you that your opinion is irrelevant to me. I am also not so insecure that I need to worry about other's on this forum. Other's that I question even exist outside your mind anyway.

You are certainly one of a kind. :lol:

Thank the Lord they threw away the mould after making you. :!:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:

You are certainly one of a kind. :lol:

Thank the Lord they threw away the mould after making you. :!:
Thank you very much. After all your insults to me, it's nice to hear a compliment.

Ōita
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Ōita »

Old Master wrote:You are certainly one of a kind. :lol:
Why do people say that? Surely that suggests there are more of the same kind, but when people use it they want to say there isn't.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Ōita wrote:
Why do people say that? Surely that suggests there are more of the same kind, but when people use it they want to say there isn't.

There is certainly no one else who carries on like Gaie.

He always attacks anything he doesn't agree with and accuses other people of lying, but he is the great liar when it comes to accepting that he does it.

He always claims that my, or anyone else's, opinions means nothing to him, but that doesn't stop him from continually attacking their opinions.

I suspect he suffers from a mental illness or a persecution/inferiority complex. :idea:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:
Ōita wrote:

He always attacks anything he doesn't agree with and accuses other people of lying, but he is the great liar when it comes to accepting that he does it.

He always claims that my, or anyone else's, opinions means nothing to him, but that doesn't stop him from continually attacking their opinions.

I suspect he suffers from a mental illness or a persecution/inferiority complex. :idea:
Once again, attacking me when the comment wasn't even about me. You just can't help yourself can you. :lol:

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Why do people say that? Surely that suggests there are more of the same kind, but when people use it they want to say there isn't.[/quote]

I suspect he suffers from a mental illness or a persecution/inferiority complex. :idea:[/quote]

Once again, attacking me when the comment wasn't even about me. You just can't help yourself can you. :lol:[/quote]

Ditto. 8)

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote: Ditto. 8)
Feel free to point out when I have done that you senile fool

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

Move this cabernet thread to the shoot goal forum. shiraz, it would struggle for significance even in there.
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni