Who Replaces Big Sam as England Manager?

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Who Replaces Big Sam as England Manager?

Post by ozzie owl »

Gee pretty short list if he is to be English.

English FA to meet with Mike Bassett?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Who Replaces Big Sam as England Manager?

Post by Nice One Cyril »

ozzie owl wrote:Gee pretty short list if he is to be English.

The problem is, they won't appoint anyone who has ideas of their own, all they want is an old bloke who'll kowtow to the FA.

Glenn Hoddle is the obvious choice to actually get England playing football.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Nice One Cyril wrote:

The problem is, they won't appoint anyone who has ideas of their own, all they want is an old bloke who'll kowtow to the FA.

Oh Gawd, I'm agreeing with Not Nice Cyril!

But NOC, shouldn't Glenn's contract at least have a little condition in small font saying NO RELIGIOUS STUFF?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Con M wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

But NOC, shouldn't Glenn's contract at least have a little condition in small font saying NO RELIGIOUS STUFF?
Life should have that condition.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

Con M wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

Imagine if someone said this about Islam or political beliefs..........
It's all in the Delivery!

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Brian the Postman wrote:Imagine if someone said this about Islam or political beliefs..........
FA with zero backbone. His comments, whilst perhaps not best for public consumption, were his beliefs and were taken completely out of context by the shrieking left and offence seeking disabled groups. Daft really, because he did gratis work with disabled kids.
Danny Blanchflower

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Brian the Postman wrote:Imagine if someone said this about Islam or political beliefs..........
FA with zero backbone. His comments, whilst perhaps not best for public consumption, were his beliefs and were taken completely out of context by the shrieking left and offence seeking disabled groups. Daft really, because he did gratis work with disabled kids.
I didn't know he was a Muslim :shock: :P
Time for some righteous indignation

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Steve Bruce will get it
HA'WAY THE LADS

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Outlaw 2.0 wrote:Steve Bruce will get it

I think it's between him and Obscene Wan-ker. :lol:
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

They were scraping the bottom of the barrel with this appointment, can't wait to see what's next :lol:

blue moon
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by blue moon »

Fact of the day - the Chilean miners were trapped underground 2 days longer than Fat Sam was manger of England.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Predicted big Sam would not cut it with England but how wrong can one be? - SACKED with a 100% record and has reportedly banked a cool 1 Million (Good work if you can get it). I think he will now be known as Sam 'Rolled the dice' as he took a gamble (as did the English F.A. employing him in the first place). Yet another example of greed and deception within a corrupt and insensitive society. If big Sam were a politician he probably could have spun it in his favour. In saying that he probably has! :lol: Seriously, I would imagine there could be serious charges pending regarding his conduct.

On his replacement I have the same thought process as the English F.A.- Not any bloody idea (to put it nicely).

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

thebeautifulgame wrote:Predicted big Sam would not cut it with England but how wrong can one be? - SACKED with a 100% record and has reportedly banked a cool 1 Million (Good work if you can get it). I think he will now be known as Sam 'Rolled the dice' as he took a gamble (as did the English F.A. employing him in the first place). Yet another example of greed and deception within a corrupt and insensitive society. If big Sam were a politician he probably could have spun it in his favour. In saying that he probably has! :lol: Seriously, I would imagine there could be serious charges pending regarding his conduct.

On his replacement I have the same thought process as the English F.A.- Not any bloody idea (to put it nicely).
What legal charges could be brought for this?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

God is an Englishman wrote:
thebeautifulgame wrote:Predicted big Sam would not cut it with England but how wrong can one be? - SACKED with a 100% record and has reportedly banked a cool 1 Million (Good work if you can get it). I think he will now be known as Sam 'Rolled the dice' as he took a gamble (as did the English F.A. employing him in the first place). Yet another example of greed and deception within a corrupt and insensitive society. If big Sam were a politician he probably could have spun it in his favour. In saying that he probably has! :lol: Seriously, I would imagine there could be serious charges pending regarding his conduct.

Highly unlikely he's broken any UK Laws, but I'm sure the FA could suspend his licence to manage in England for bringing the game into disrepute and FIFA would probably back them up. However, with the crazy way the law operates in England now, he'd probably be able to sue them for restraint of trade and the twats in the EU courts would side with him.
Danny Blanchflower

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

I would say none, but bringing the game into disrepute was enough for the FA to end his rule.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

ozzie owl wrote:

I would say none, but bringing the game into disrepute was enough for the FA to end his rule.

He was a bit of a fool for doing what he did but what was really wrong with it?

He hasn't broken any laws, just advised somebody how to get around the rules and make some money from it.

Tax agents/accountants/lawyers do that all the time.

Reporters were just setting him up for a story, not for any illegal activities - twats.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details