Joey Barton

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joey Barton

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Love him or loathe him Joey Barton is at it again. Following the heavy loss to Celtic strong opinions were exchanged between him and Andy Halliday (a true blue Rangers' player who came on as a second half substitute). Barton was ordered by the Ibrox hierarchy to take a few days off and to return for training on Tuesday 20th September. Interesting to note that this obviously rules him out for the game at home v Ross County at the weekend and Rangers as a club have chosen to take this stance. This would indicate that the fall out must have been pretty severe and that the club have found Barton's comments to be over the top. Would also appear that Halliday has not been punished in any shape or form.
Ironically Barton claims to be a Celtic supporter (of sorts) and this was publicly known prior to him signing with Rangers. Barton and Scott Brown (Celtic captain) were recently exchanging some pleasantries on social media regarding their 'true colours' as Brown accused Barton of changing his spots (Celtic fan signing for Rangers) and Barton reminded Brown that he was once a Rangers supporter as a youngster and posted a photo of Brown in a Rangers shirt to prove it. Newspapers and social media loved the banter and rightly so.
Rumour is that when Barton and Halliday were fighting their corner Halliday had commented that it was a proud club steeped in history and tradition and Barton commented that Rangers were younger than his son! Is Joey looking for a way out this early? This won't go down well with the bears (Rangers' supporters) if this is true. Would speculate that the Management at Ibrox will not be undermined and that his days at Ibrox will be numbered. The Glasgow fishbowl may be squeezing Joey out already.

Cheap Kitchens
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Joey Barton

Post by Cheap Kitchens »

They probably are younger than his son.
Quote me !

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Poor Quality wrote:They probably are younger than his son.

his son must be bloody old then

I like Joey Barton though, proper old school footballer.

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

God is an Englishman wrote:

Agreed, thought he was a good signing and good for the game up North, has struggled though in an ageing midfield and got found out badly against Celtic. It's fine to be mouthy when you are playing well, however not when you start to struggle
Are you Bodo in disguise?

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FoundIt »

yes a bit old school, gets the job done, but a total bell end. brings trouble wherever he goes, seems as though it is promoted by his family. the new generation of perennial victims.
Im closer than you think

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

FoundIt wrote:

yes a bit old school, gets the job done, but a total bell end. brings trouble wherever he goes, seems as though it is promoted by his family. the new generation of perennial victims.

But lots of supporters go to see him in action though, that's why clubs keep signing him - he brings his own crowd.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FoundIt »

Old Master wrote:
FoundIt wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote: I like Joey Barton though, proper old school footballer.

But lots of supporters go to see him in action though, that's why clubs keep signing him - he brings his own crowd.
fair point
Im closer than you think

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:

Who the hell is paying to go through the gate to watch Joey Barton? Turn it in.

The Bluehearts
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Bluehearts »

I don't nknow, but rumor has it some people go to watch the likes of muscat and sherringham coach.
Linda Linda

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

The Bluehearts wrote:I don't nknow, but rumor has it some people go to watch the likes of muscat and sherringham coach.
:lol:
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

The Bluehearts wrote:I don't nknow, but rumor has it some people go to watch the likes of muscat and sherringham coach.
I doubt anyone goes just to watch them coach

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Sing a few songs (about them) and have a couple pints maybe :wink:
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:
Sing a few songs (about them) and have a couple pints maybe :wink:
Sounds a lot better now.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

The point though has to be, in Australia we are starved of any decent footballers. If Barton played in the A League then I probably would make the effort to go and watch him when he played in Adelaide. However, who is thinking. I'm not a Rangers fan but I'll go to the game to watch Joey Barton. I can't imagine a QRR fan in Glasgow thinking, I'll pop down and show some support for Joey Barton. Can you?

I'm sure instead, he'll jump on a train and go and watch QPR instead.

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FoundIt »

God is an Englishman wrote:The point though has to be, in Australia we are starved of any decent footballers. If Barton played in the A League then I probably would make the effort to go and watch him when he played in Adelaide. However, who is thinking. I'm not a Rangers fan but I'll go to the game to watch Joey Barton. I can't imagine a QRR fan in Glasgow thinking, I'll pop down and show some support for Joey Barton. Can you?

I believe his thoughts were more pushed towards lower profile (non celt\gers) clubs in Scotland who may turn out to watch their local team when otherwise they may not, because barton is out there and hopefully he gets his leg broken or provides some form of entertainment.

there are players in all sports and leagues who are a drawcard for their antics. he is one of them.
Im closer than you think

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

FoundIt wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:The point though has to be, in Australia we are starved of any decent footballers. If Barton played in the A League then I probably would make the effort to go and watch him when he played in Adelaide. However, who is thinking. I'm not a Rangers fan but I'll go to the game to watch Joey Barton. I can't imagine a QRR fan in Glasgow thinking, I'll pop down and show some support for Joey Barton. Can you?

I believe his thoughts were more pushed towards lower profile (non celt\gers) clubs in Scotland who may turn out to watch their local team when otherwise they may not, because barton is out there and hopefully he gets his leg broken or provides some form of entertainment.

there are players in all sports and leagues who are a drawcard for their antics. he is one of them.
I don't think a club would sign someone to increase the oppositions attendances.

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

God is an Englishman wrote:The point though has to be, in Australia we are starved of any decent footballers. ....
Bit of a Freudian slip there - or have you been hacked :P
Time for some righteous indignation

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Stitch This wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:The point though has to be, in Australia we are starved of any decent footballers. ....
"Found out" more like it.

Toomer will be devastated.....
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Stitch This wrote:
I said in Australia, not Australians. Pretty hard to deny that I am in Australia. As such, we is appropriate.

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FoundIt »

FoundIt wrote:

I don't think a club would sign someone to increase the oppositions attendances.
I do not believe they did. Being a drawcard though he did promote interest in Rangers before even kicking a ball. Anticipation of him screwing something up drew ppl in.
Im closer than you think

Poor Quality
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Poor Quality »

Misquoting me again,.... however I wouldn't class singlle digits as bloody olld.
I am often misquoted

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Poor Quality wrote:
Misquoting me again,.... however I wouldn't class singlle digits as bloody olld.
How have I misquoted?

Vernetta Lopez
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Vernetta Lopez »

Show us where PQ wrote that.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Vernetta Lopez wrote:Show us where PQ wrote that.
Ahh the old Poor Quality adjustment -blame the moderators :lol: