Beckham signs for Galaxy

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

mooroffside
Apprentice
Apprentice

Beckham signs for Galaxy

Post by mooroffside »

Beckham agrees to LA Galaxy move

Beckham will leave Real Madrid after four seasons
David Beckham will leave Real Madrid and join Major League Soccer side LA Galaxy at the end of the season.
The 31-year-old former England captain will sign a five-year deal, reportedly worth £128m.

Beckham said: "This week Real asked me to make a decision regarding their offer to extend my contract.

"After considering several options to stay in Madrid or join other major British and European teams, I have decided to join LA Galaxy."

manU4life
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by manU4life »

the mighty u.s dollar!! coulda still played at the top level in spain,italy or england but he's chosen to get rich and go over and take the piss out of their league :D

Piker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Piker »

at 31 he still had a season or two left in him in europe. who could blame him for taking the $$$ thou. thats ridiculous

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by maxin in the shade »

1.2 million dollars per week over five years!!

thats crazy beyond belief

I am all for paying sports stars what they deserve - after all they have
been given a god given talent - but thats just the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard

zola
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by zola »

I'd say him and victoria will fit right in over in LA. She will probably try and fail at a movie career and later so will he.

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

thats huge!!!
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the REAL one... again and again"

CR7
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by CR7 »

$1.2mill a wk
$7500 and hour
$120 a min
$2 a second

CR7
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by CR7 »

he is 3 richest player
ronaldinho $81m
rooney $75m

wtf r they gona do with that sort of coin

BillShankly
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BillShankly »

huge money, shame its goin to that sherry

vertu1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by vertu1 »

good on him

its not about the money , it wouldnt matter where he went , he would still be rich
imo it's about raising their personal profiles and trying to crack the biggest entertainment market in the world, being seen with the hollywood set and all that

great for the game in the usa , it will raise the profile of the game to being more than just what adolescent girls do on a staurday morning
at least for a while anyway

BillShankly
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BillShankly »

fair to say there goes any chance he had of getting back into the england team as well.

zola
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by zola »

When his 5 years are over he could buy ManU and put himself back into the team.

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

BillShankly wrote:fair to say there goes any chance he had of getting back into the england team as well.
was there ever any chance? I think he realised he wasnt going to get back in there, jsut not good enough anymore

BillShankly
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BillShankly »

true..but if there ever was a chance its totally gone now.

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Thats some deal, would be hard for any player to turn down at his stage of his career.

Fred Goldstone
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Fred Goldstone »

Becks will put football in the USA right in the media spotlight.

He is still the biggest name in world football despite his troubles of late.

LA is THE place in the USA and for Becks and Posh it will be their chance to mix with the biggest names in the entertainment industry on a regular basis.

They will attract the rich and famous like moths to a flame and get them interested in the world game.

The MLS has partly fun ded the deal so it is clearly an attempt to use the Beckhams star quality to raise the media profile of the sport.

Good luck to them.

I still think Beckham should be an automatic selection for England - he was their only performer at the World Cup.
FOOTBALL IS LIFE - The Rest Is Just Details

vertu1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by vertu1 »

the style of play and the usa sporting psyche will also both suit beckham down to the ground
the mls is not an overly physical brand of football
and the yanks are very orientated towards "set play" styled games gridiron baseball and basketball
beckham's set pieces will go down a treat

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by povman_2009 »

Fred Goldstone wrote:Becks will put football in the USA right in the media spotlight.

He is still the biggest name in world football despite his troubles of late.

LA is THE place in the USA and for Becks and Posh it will be their chance to mix with the biggest names in the entertainment industry on a regular basis.

They will attract the rich and famous like moths to a flame and get them interested in the world game.

The MLS has partly fun ded the deal so it is clearly an attempt to use the Beckhams star quality to raise the media profile of the sport.

Good luck to them.

I still think Beckham should be an automatic selection for England - he was their only performer at the World Cup.
Fred, cannot agree with the two points I have highlighted , he is far from the biggest name in the world of football that I look at, Henry/Eto/Ronaldo/Ronaldihno/Drogba/Schevchenko/Figo/Cannavro, hell he is not even the biggest name in his own country these days, Lampard/Gerrard/Terry.

As to being the only performer at the WC , i think that honour goes to Owen Hargreaves , it is no co-incidence that since the WC Owens star has risen whilst Becks has faded.

I just hope he enjoys being part of the circus in the US and hopefully the money the MLS are spending delivers sustainable results over the future years to come, not just a "what's trendy today" result.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Beckham

Post by ozzie owl »

What a waste of money, I know it gives exposure to their league, but surely better, cheaper and more long promotion available for MSL.

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

Chelseafan wrote:When his 5 years are over he could buy ManU and put himself back into the team.
hahahahahahahhahaha i would love 2 see that.....Manbeckham United

manU4life
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by manU4life »

than i wouldnt get called manUSA4life anymore or would i coz the money would be american??

joker
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by joker »

unreal!
he is 3 richest player
ronaldinho $81m
rooney $75m
those other players are way better than him. No way he got signed for his football skills. Was never a great player.

looking at his football career , way too overrated!!

looking at his modeling career, brilliant!!

manU4life
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by manU4life »

joker wrote:unreal!
he is 3 richest player
ronaldinho $81m
rooney $75m
those other players are way better than him. No way he got signed for his football skills. Was never a great player.

your kidding yourself....he was brilliant in his early days you goose

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

manU4life wrote:than i wouldnt get called manUSA4life anymore or would i coz the money would be american??
nah i wouldnt call ya that anymore.....id call Old Trafford- Old Beckfford

Torcida
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Torcida »

he is 3 richest player
ronaldinho $81m
rooney $75m

Hes not getting paid for his footballing skills. its more about how much money he will make for the club through sponsorship deals and fans through the gate and so on. they sign him for 120 million, they make that money back just like that

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

vertu1 wrote:good on him

its not about the money , it wouldnt matter where he went , he would still be rich
imo it's about raising their personal profiles and trying to crack the biggest entertainment market in the world, being seen with the hollywood set and all that

great for the game in the usa , it will raise the profile of the game to being more than just what adolescent girls do on a staurday morning
at least for a while anyway
Can't agree it's not about the money but would also be the package i.e. Brand Beckham also while very big, nothing like the UK Tabloids - hope more follow and the game over there grows

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

I think he had a resonably world cup, he did score that important freekick. They would of gone home earlier if not for that.

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

manU4life wrote:
he is 3 richest player
ronaldinho $81m
rooney $75m

Im definetly no man utd fan but would agree with you manu4life, he was class, go and hire a beckham dvd joker and actually watch how good he is, I like your user name though joker, its quite fitting.

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

paul merson wrote:
manU4life wrote:
he is 3 richest player
ronaldinho $81m
rooney $75m

Im definetly no man utd fan but would agree with you manu4life, he was class, go and hire a beckham dvd joker and actually watch how good he is, I like your user name though joker, its quite fitting.

best ever post from u ...
u guys r like kidding urself ..
he's a top class player when he's on top form .. even now i still rate him .. .like paul merson said, go and hire a DVD to see how good is he ... (the time when he's play @ the centre and the time when he's at the right)

u guys make urself looks like a fool :roll:

to be honest, i prefer him to come back to EPL , even tho it's not manutd, i'll be happy if he join the club like newcastle / bolton etc ... but too bad he choose GALAXIE .. well, no matter where he go, i'll always wish him the best .. !!

P/S: f*k off POSH .. if it wasnt bcos of u beckham will still stay with us !!

Nai Ego Eimai
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Nai Ego Eimai »

*Beckham world class player! What a joke.
*Nothing is further from the truth.
*This joker from a playing/technical perspective, is really quiet ordinary.
*He has a marketing team that has made successful.
*Definition of marketing:pulling the wools over ones eyes.
I like few people who are not taken up up by the bull dust will tell you that he full of bulldust!
NATIONAL TEAMS are based on NATIONALITY and thus represent NATIONALIST'S, the rest can piss-off.