Big Sams first England squad

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Big Sams first England squad

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Urusei Yatsura wrote:But Bomber's not British
I am, that's all I care about
If you go back far enough, you mind find some Germanic traces there.

DNA is found in other places other than blood. Your argument has been blood has a nationality to which I have yet seen any conclusive evidence.
DNA is in blood therefore if DNA can trace your background, so can blood. Therefore, blood has a nationality. QED!

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Back to the topic, be interesting to see what system Big Sam plays, wont be hard to be more structured than Roy.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

DNA is in blood therefore if DNA can trace your background, so can blood. Therefore, blood has a nationality. QED!
I just asked a qualified doctor and he said you're wrong, blood has no nationality. Double QED!
Ignore this signature

Dr Feelgood
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Dr Feelgood »

Bomber wrote:
I just asked a qualified doctor and he said you're wrong, blood has no nationality. Double QED!
Always happy to help out a mate.

It's not that I'm old - your music really does SUCK

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:
I question his qualifications.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Gee England's lack of depth in the goalkeeping department exposed as forced to pick Southampton's back up keeper.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... squad.html

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Bomber wrote:
And his history of under the table payments to amateur players :shock:
Last edited by Stitch This on Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time for some righteous indignation

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

ozzie owl wrote:Gee England's lack of depth in the goalkeeping department exposed as forced to pick Southampton's back up keeper.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... squad.html
Yes, we must panic about the 4th choice keeper

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Bomber wrote:
That's like asking a typical student to question a qualified teacher in their field of expertise. That is, some think they know everything, but in reality they know shit
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Have you seen his medicine degree? Did it look fake?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:Have you seen his medicine degree? Did it look fake?
Yes, has an authenticating seal and everything. :)
Ignore this signature

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

I was a bit concerned about Big Sam, but now I'm scared shitless. He's been a fine player up front, but anybody who plays Rooney in midfield doesn't deserve to be managing a football team.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Nice One Cyril wrote:I was a bit concerned about Big Sam, but now I'm scared shitless. He's been a fine player up front, but anybody who plays Rooney in midfield doesn't deserve to be managing a football team.
Have to agree he dropped too deep too often, meaning the 4-2-3-1 , looked like 4-3-2-1. with no one directing the play in the front third. The transition was therefore slow and ponderous. The game changed when Ali came on in the number 10 role and Rooney dropped back. I thought Lallana was best of the middle 5 over the 90 minutes.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

ozzie owl wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:I was a bit concerned about Big Sam, but now I'm scared shitless. He's been a fine player up front, but anybody who plays Rooney in midfield doesn't deserve to be managing a football team.
Have to agree he dropped too deep too often, meaning the 4-2-3-1 , looked like 4-3-2-1. with no one directing the play in the front third. The transition was therefore slow and ponderous. The game changed when Ali came on in the number 10 role and Rooney dropped back. I thought Lallana was best of the middle 5 over the 90 minutes.
I agreed with you until the Lallana comment. Hardly noticed he was playing until he hit the post.

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

What is it about Rooney?
It's almost seems like mangers feel obliged to play him.
Even Mourinho's using him in the midfield when it's obvious to most he is neutral at best in that role.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

getborn wrote:What is it about Rooney?
Even Mourinho's using him in the midfield when it's obvious to most he is neutral at best in that role.
It's daft, he's quite possibly not going to the next World Cup, he's not the best in that midfield role anyway, why play him at all. The whole thing about a new international manager with 2 years to the next tournament, is to have a clear out of the Milners, Barrys, Jagielkas and Rooneys and give some of the younger players some international experience.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
getborn wrote:What is it about Rooney?
It's daft, he's quite possibly not going to the next World Cup, he's not the best in that midfield role anyway, why play him at all. The whole thing about a new international manager with 2 years to the next tournament, is to have a clear out of the Milners, Barrys, Jagielkas and Rooneys and give some of the younger players some international experience.
With Rooney's finishing ability and Kane's poor form at the moment (he was crap in the Liverpool game), would it be best for Rooney to play Centre Forward?
It's all in the Delivery!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Did everyone miss his performances at the Euro's in that DM role, I thought he was superb during those games.

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Sam Allardyce wrote:“Wayne played where he wanted to,” Allardyce said after he was questioned about Rooney’s deep midfield role.

It got worse. “I think [Rooney] holds a lot more experience at international football than I do as an international manager,” Allardyce said. “So, when he’s using his experience and playing as a team member, it’s not for me to say where he’s going to play.”
:shock: Big Sam has finally been sucked into the FA :evil:
HA'WAY THE LADS

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

God is an Englishman wrote:Did everyone miss his performances at the Euro's in that DM role, I thought he was superb during those games.
You've finally confirmed why you play amateurs and support Millwall :wink:

He was the main reason England were shite, he hogged the ball, was desperately slow in transition and hardly ever got forward to support the forwards. He's not a bottle of shiraz midfielder.
Danny Blanchflower

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Nice One Cyril wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Did everyone miss his performances at the Euro's in that DM role, I thought he was superb during those games.

He was the main reason England were shite, he hogged the ball, was desperately slow in transition and hardly ever got forward to support the forwards. He's not a bottle of shiraz midfielder.
I thought it was because I'm old, overweight, not a very good footballer and I'm from South London. You must have been watching different games to me, Mourinho and Allardyce then.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Nice One Cyril wrote:

I thought it was because I'm old, overweight, not a very good footballer and I'm from South London. You must have been watching different games to me, Mourinho and Allardyce then.
All very valid reasons :lol:

Allardyce is Hodgson MkII at the moment and you wouldn't expect Maureen to say anything. Most professional commentators have gently suggested he play higher up the park.
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Big Sam doesn't strike me as the submissive type and that statement was way out of character for him. Could he be setting Wayno up for a fall

Gardensgoon
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Gardensgoon »

Lol at people questioning Rooney's spot..
Would have him ahead of Kane, Lallana and Henderson!
I would stick with Dier, and Sterlings pace keeps him in the team, England have massive problems but not playing Rooney won't fix anything and they won't win anything in the next 4 years anyway so why not keep him?? There's no one in the England set up who has achieved or been around as much success.
Unless we can replace him with world class options he can play as long as he wants.!

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Gardensgoon wrote:Lol at people questioning Rooney's spot..
I would stick with Dier, and Sterlings pace keeps him in the team, England have massive problems but not playing Rooney won't fix anything and they won't win anything in the next 4 years anyway so why not keep him?? There's no one in the England set up who has achieved or been around as much success.
Unless we can replace him with world class options he can play as long as he wants.!
I'm happy for him to play instead of Kane (or anyone else for that matter), but he needs to play either 9 or 10. He just isn't much good in a deep role.
Danny Blanchflower

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
I'm happy for him to play instead of Kane (or anyone else for that matter), but he needs to play either 9 or 10. He just isn't much good in a deep role.
What's worrying is that Big Sam said Rooney can play wherever he wants.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

ozzie owl wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
What's worrying is that Big Sam said Rooney can play wherever he wants.

I've always seen Rooney's future for England and ManUre as that played so well by Paul Scholes.

They have the same attributes and ability to score from outside the box.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Old Master wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:What's worrying is that Big Sam said Rooney can play wherever he wants.

I've always seen Rooney's future for England and ManUre as that played so well by Paul Scholes.

Can't see it. Scholes used to drive forward, whereas Rooney is content to sit. He's not going to score many from 50 yards out.
Danny Blanchflower

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

Old Master wrote:I've always seen Rooney's future for England and ManUre as that played so well by Paul Scholes.

Interesting as he has scored 89 of his 100 goals at Old Trafford from inside the box.........
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Mackem Lad wrote:
Old Master wrote:I've always seen Rooney's future for England and ManUre as that played so well by Paul Scholes.

Interesting as he has scored 89 of his 100 goals at Old Trafford from inside the box.........
Note to Sam: That's 'cos he's a forward :lol:
Danny Blanchflower