Uefa League Qualifiers

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Save Ferris
Apprentice
Apprentice

Uefa League Qualifiers

Post by Save Ferris »

Celtic losing to a team from Gibraltar :lol:

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Uefa League Qualifiers

Post by Brian the Postman »

Save Ferris wrote:Celtic losing to a team from Gibraltar :lol:
David Brent strikes again.
It's all in the Delivery!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Nice start Brendan! :oops: :lol:
Ignore this signature

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Not content with turning Liverpool into a laughing stock Brendan has now started to do the same to Celtic.

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Tommy Rogic subbed in 58th minute - Grosso will have soiled his jocks.
Time for some righteous indignation

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Save Ferris wrote:Celtic losing to a team from Gibraltar :lol:
Sorry Brendan and Celtic- Yes it is an embarrassment and he and the team know it. Honeymoon period never lasts very long in Scotland and this is their worst defeat in Europe- end of!
Maybe the biscuit tin mentality at Celtic is there to stay. Pushed the boat out to get Rodgers but been hugely disappointed by lack of signings. Early days but a shocking start to his Celtic career. Hopefully not the sign of another BREXIT (B R EXIT).
More like fail fail than hail hail! :oops:

Baseball Bill
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Baseball Bill »

Where's Yogi these days?
Giving always takes its toll

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Old Redback wrote:Not content with turning Liverpool into a laughing stock Brendan has now started to do the same to Celtic.

Hopefully he will go to Millwall next - oh, I forgot they are already a Laughing Stock! :lol:
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Old Master wrote:
Old Redback wrote:Not content with turning Liverpool into a laughing stock Brendan has now started to do the same to Celtic.

Hopefully he will go to Millwall next - oh, I forgot they are already a Laughing Stock! :lol:
I'm actually surprised you don't support them.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Old Master wrote:

I'm actually surprised you don't support them.

I have standards, unlike you, and would not support such a bunch of Animals (apologies to Mother nature).

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Because Blackpool and Leeds are so innocent :lol:

When was the last time Millwall fans got a game abandoned?
Now answer that question for Blackpool?

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

God is an Englishman wrote:Because Blackpool and Leeds are so innocent :lol:

When was the last time Millwall fans got a game abandoned?
Now answer that question for Blackpool?

Well, if bothered to read the reasoning behind the abandoning of the Huddersfield game you would know the answer to that question.

But, knowing your record on this forum, you haven't read anything and just spout your usual vitriol at anyone else that has an opinion.

For your edification, I will explain the situation to you:

The Blackpool supporters had had enough of the owner's running down the club since the relegation from the Premier League and walked onto the field to demonstrate their anger towards them.

Unlike Millwall supporters would have done in a similar situation, there was absolutely no violence or damage, despite a few, since discredited, claims from the club's owners and the local police chief, who had failed to take notice of a warning from supporters groups that this was going to happen two days before.

The club's owners had used much of the 'parachute' payments. of around $90 million. to 'pay back loans' they claimed to made by some of their subsidiary companies over the years, despite the fact that these were announced as sponsorship deals when made.

They failed to invest in improved training facilities that they had promised when promotion was achieved and these still haven't been done.

If you had seen the training facilities, you would be amazed that Blackpool had ever got out of Div 4, they were out of date and below standard when I trained their as a junior in the 1960's, one undersized pitch, no showers, one cracked toilet, only fixed in 2008, no lighting and very little grass.

There was no car parking at the training ground and the players had to be bussed back and forth and reserve and junior players either had to get someone to drop them off or park in a nearby street with 30 minute parking restrictions.

It just goes to prove what an incredible achievement Holloway made when he got the club into the Premier League with a group of 'no name' players and 'promising' youngsters and how he almost manged to avoid the drop playing Football that set the league alive.

Yes, the Oyston's did 'save' the club back in the 80's, but they have never invested any of their own money in the club, every pound was in the form of loans, and they have built a hotel on club land, partly funded by club funds, that used to be a supporter's car park, which is owned solely by one of their companies.

I am quite sure that if anyone on this forum's club was used by the owners like Blackpool was. that they too would have undertaken actions taken by the supporters.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

So, your innocent Blackpool fans have got a game abandoned more recently than Millwall fans. Thanks for playing.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

How many objects have been thrown onto the pitch over the last few seasons by these innocent Blackpool fans?

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

Good result for the bhoys last night, not through yet, but with 5 defenders out injured we would take that result gladly
Are you Bodo in disguise?

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Knight15 wrote:Good result for the bhoys last night, not through yet, but with 5 defenders out injured we would take that result gladly
Agreed, confident that Celtic should do the business in the return leg. They showed plenty of fight and grit but still room for improvement- not complaining all the same under the circumstances.