Euro 2016 finals

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Euro 2016 finals

Post by Bomber »

Just putting it in.

Looking forward I must say.

Poland to win, French runner-up, Italy third, Albania fourth. :D :P 8)
Ignore this signature

Go-Bang's
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: Euro 2016 finals

Post by Go-Bang's »

When does it start?
Bodø's Publicist wrote:You have to be pretty naive to believe any side could be 100% innocent.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Bomber wrote:Just putting it in.

Why Poland Bomber? :lol: At least they do carry the threat of a natural goalscorer (as we found out in the qualifiers). Could be an open tournament with hopefully a few surprises. Not sure if France will win it but I will stick my neck out and say Pogba will light up the tournament and what they have been through recently I would not begrudge them if they pulled it off. As Scotland didn't make it I will support an underdog- come on Iceland!
Can only hope that it is an entertaining tournament without any major trouble (has been some already but the press will make mountains out of mole hills). Just hope it doesn't escalate in any shape or form as it could get well out of hand.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

thebeautifulgame wrote:
Bomber wrote:Just putting it in.

Why Poland Bomber? :lol: At least they do carry the threat of a natural goalscorer (as we found out in the qualifiers). Could be an open tournament with hopefully a few surprises. Not sure if France will win it but I will stick my neck out and say Pogba will light up the tournament and what they have been through recently I would not begrudge them if they pulled it off. As Scotland didn't make it I will support an underdog- come on Iceland!
Can only hope that it is an entertaining tournament without any major trouble (has been some already but the press will make mountains out of mole hills). Just hope it doesn't escalate in any shape or form as it could get well out of hand.
The Poles have no chance and I hope the French win shiraz all.

England all the way with Woy!
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

I really hope the smaller nations like Albania and England can stick it up the big 4...Germany, Italy, France and Spain.
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

MegaBonus wrote:I really hope the smaller nations like Albania and England can stick it up the big 4...Germany, Italy, France and Spain.
You need better bait. Maybe say that you hope greece will do well in this tournament.

Go-Bang's
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Go-Bang's »

They won't lose a game :P
Bodø's Publicist wrote:You have to be pretty naive to believe any side could be 100% innocent.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

You need better bait. Maybe say that you hope greece will do well in this tournament.
Im happy for you to justify why England should be mentioned in the same breath as the other 4......

BTW....your sarcasm would've been logical if you mentioned Australia....but we both know that australia isn't in Europe.
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote:
Im happy for you to justify why England should be mentioned in the same breath as the other 4......

BTW....your sarcasm would've been logical if you mentioned Australia....but we both know that australia isn't in Europe.
Your final comment makes no sense, as I said you need better bait. Mentioning greece generally works.

Quite happy to justify it. We've won the same amount of world cups as 3 of them and the 4th has only one one more than us.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

I think it's you who needs better bait......this from a country whose greatest footballing moment in the last 50 years was a penalty shoutout loss in the semi final of Italia 90......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote:I think it's you who needs better bait......this from a country whose greatest footballing moment in the last 50 years was a penalty shoutout loss in the semi final of Italia 90......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or maybe winning the world cup?

What bait? You asked for my justifications, I gave it. Stating facts is bait now is it?

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

.....49 years, 10 month, 6 weeks...or so....

Plus....Ze Germans = Germany + West Germany....good try

Don't you rate the other FIFA tournament??

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote:.....49 years, 10 month, 6 weeks...or so....

Plus....Ze Germans = Germany + West Germany....good try

Don't you rate the other FIFA tournament??
In that case England = England + Brazil

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

^^^^^^ :oops: :oops: :oops:

As long as you're comfortable within your reality.......I prefer the following facts...
England, meanwhile, has never reached a final even at a European Championship, pretty shabby when you consider that small soccer nations like Greece and Denmark have won the European title. Portugal, Russia and Belgium all have lost finals.

Go-Bang's
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Go-Bang's »

I see this kicked off last night. Apparently sbs broadcast the opening game. I might have known if con m had promoted it. C'mon con, lift your game.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote:^^^^^^ :oops: :oops: :oops:

As long as you're comfortable within your reality.......I prefer the following facts...
England, meanwhile, has never reached a final even at a European Championship, pretty shabby when you consider that small soccer nations like Greece and Denmark have won the European title. Portugal, Russia and Belgium all have lost finals.
It's like saying Millwall have never been to the League Cup Final, it's OK though - I enjoyed our FA Cup Final appearance. World Cup > Euros.

Pie and Bovril
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Pie and Bovril »

MegaBonus wrote:

Australian taking the piss out of the English football team. This is comedy gold.

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

God is an Englishman wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:

Your final comment makes no sense, as I said you need better bait. Mentioning greece generally works.

Quite happy to justify it. We've won the same amount of world cups as 3 of them and the 4th has only one one more than us.
im confused
I speak nothing but the truth

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

The one and only wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote: Quite happy to justify it. We've won the same amount of world cups as 3 of them and the 4th has only one one more than us.
im confused
What part are you struggling with

Italy 2
Germany 1
Spain 1
France 1

England 1

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

The one and only wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote: Quite happy to justify it. We've won the same amount of world cups as 3 of them and the 4th has only one one more than us.
im confused
What part are you struggling with

Italy 2
Germany 1
Spain 1
France 1

England 1
Sorry GIAE, I am also 'Struggling with this'
PLEASE get your facts right as in actual fact history states that Germany and Italy have BOTH been World Cup winners 4 TIMES each (3 more than England). History does not mean in your lifetime GIAE, though if you want to count from 1966 Germany have won it 3 times and and Italy twice. If you are a 'younger dude' and born after England's win in 1966 your facts do not make sense either. Perhaps this is why people become confused when your facts are not facts but drivel. :roll: Many people don't want to believe the Holocaust happened :oops: because of ignorance and refusal to accept the truth.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

His response, I'm guessing, is that West Germany won three World Cups. Germany has one. Not sure on the Italy part though. Maybe because the British nations chose not to enter the first three tournaments those don't hold the same status in his eye.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

I knew exactly what he meant as he's repeated this nonsense before......he can't help feeling inadequate because England is a fallen empire that's not talked about in the same regard as the USA, Russia, Germany and China politically let alone on footballing terms...
Last edited by MegaBonus on Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Polska Polska ole ole. :D
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

thebeautifulgame wrote:PLEASE get your facts right as in actual fact history states that Germany and Italy have BOTH been World Cup winners 4 TIMES each (3 more than England). History does not mean in your lifetime GIAE, though if you want to count from 1966 Germany have won it 3 times and and Italy twice. If you are a 'younger dude' and born after England's win in 1966 your facts do not make sense either. Perhaps this is why people become confused when your facts are not facts but drivel. :roll: Many people don't want to believe the Holocaust happened :oops: because of ignorance and refusal to accept the truth.
Please show me when Germany have won the world cup more than once.

You can't seriously can't be counting the 2 world cups that italy won when no decent teams turned up. That's like me holding a world cup in my back garden and claiming myself as world champion.

You may have to explain what the holocaust has to do with anything in this thread, a rather weird thing to bring up.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

thebeautifulgame wrote:PLEASE get your facts right as in actual fact history states that Germany and Italy have BOTH been World Cup winners 4 TIMES each (3 more than England). History does not mean in your lifetime GIAE, though if you want to count from 1966 Germany have won it 3 times and and Italy twice. If you are a 'younger dude' and born after England's win in 1966 your facts do not make sense either. Perhaps this is why people become confused when your facts are not facts but drivel. :roll: Many people don't want to believe the Holocaust happened :oops: because of ignorance and refusal to accept the truth.

You can't seriously can't be counting the 2 world cups that italy won when no decent teams turned up. That's like me holding a world cup in my back garden and claiming myself as world champion.

You may have to explain what the holocaust has to do with anything in this thread, a rather weird thing to bring up.
MY point is you can't bend history, accept the facts and admit you were wrong (again). Not got a fine tooth comb (or the time) to go through all your rubbish and most of the stuff from you is all about getting a reaction. Historical fact is that Italy have won the World Cup in 1934, 1938,1982 and 2006, Germany in 1954, 1974, 1990 and 2014. You are not above history and only pull out the whimsical bits you like. Hence the Holocaust (no one has the right to reject Historical facts) of 1933 to 1945. No matter how many times the truth is distorted or diluted History cannot be changed.
Just swallow your pride for once and accept the truth. Your denial of the truth is beyond comprehension.
P.S. Never said that you would deny that the Holocaust ever happened, then again it seemed to hit a nerve?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

thebeautifulgame wrote:

MY point is you can't bend history, accept the facts and admit you were wrong (again). Not got a fine tooth comb (or the time) to go through all your rubbish and most of the stuff from you is all about getting a reaction. Historical fact is that Italy have won the World Cup in 1934, 1938,1982 and 2006, Germany in 1954, 1974, 1990 and 2014. You are not above history and only pull out the whimsical bits you like. Hence the Holocaust (no one has the right to reject Historical facts) of 1933 to 1945. No matter how many times the truth is distorted or diluted History cannot be changed.
Just swallow your pride for once and accept the truth. Your denial of the truth is beyond comprehension.
P.S. Never said that you would deny that the Holocaust ever happened, then again it seemed to hit a nerve?
Germany did not win the world cup in 1954, 1974 or 1990 - GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!

By the way, the current world cup winner for football is me. I just held the world cup. No one else turned up, so I won.

Penalty Rates
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Penalty Rates »

I held one a couple of minutes ago. No-one turned up so the trophy is mine.
I love bank holidays

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Penalty Rates wrote:I held one a couple of minutes ago. No-one turned up so the trophy is mine.
Congratulations, I'll try and get the win back later this afternoon.

Penalty Rates
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Penalty Rates »

:lol:
I love bank holidays

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

[quote="God is an Englishman"]

Germany did not win the world cup in 1954, 1974 or 1990 - GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!

GIAE twisting things again to suit his fancy. I know that West Germany and East Germany reunified in 1990 (not long after the 1990 World Cup which West Germany won). However, as a matter of FACT FIFA recognises that Germany and Italy have won it 4 times each. Denial x3 for Germany and denial x2 for Italy. That said GIAE is now above FIFA so maybe we should check the facts with him first! :roll: :lol: :oops:
World Cup Wins as supplied by FIFA (NOT me):
5- Brazil, 4- Germany and Italy, 2- Argentina and Uruguay, 1- England, France and Spain