Euro 2016 finals

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Euro 2016 finals

Post by Kosta Utd »

Juventino wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:Go Eire!

I don't think Spain will be quaking in their boots having to face the Italians. :lol:
Those boots can now take them home :D

:lol:

H _ S T _ K _ buy a vowel?
----------------------------

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

where is the hawkeman??

two brexits in one week.. must be proud :D

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

God is an Englishman wrote: Well we're not playing that well and still getting good enough results. We will definitely get to the QF's and then we will need to up our game to get past (presumably) France.
BURRRRRNNNNNNNNNN

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

God is an Englishman

MegaBonus wrote:

I really hope the smaller nations like Albania and England can stick it up the big 4...Germany, Italy, France and Spain.

You need better bait. Maybe say that you hope greece will do well in this tournament.

honestly Hawksey......not baiting.....was it really a surprise?????? when was the last time England won a game in the knock-out phase of a major tournament.

I hear ror roy was shown up by a part time coach who dabbles in dentistry....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

You have to be an unbelievably cabernet manager to not get that team past Iceland. Amazing work by Woy

★★★
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ★★★ »

MegaBonus wrote:I hear ror roy was shown up by a part time coach who dabbles in dentistry....
We can't show you his face.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

apparently...nor Hawkseys...he's gone underground until he comes up with some diversionary topics...

t
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

PDog
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by PDog »

A funny quote I just read:

"England beaten by a country with more volcanoes than professional footballers. Well played Iceland"

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

magnet wrote:You have to be an unbelievably cabernet manager to not get that team past Iceland. Amazing work by Woy
Very true , however not his fault that multi millionaire stars cant play with passion, pass or control a ball .

Shintaro
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Shintaro »

English FA Brexit Strategy in ruins:

Since England won the World Cup in 1966 their performance in football finals has been dismal, and definitely not befitting the inventor of the game. Hence a crisis meeting was held in 2006 after yet another poor showing in a major tournament during world Cup 2006 (this time proving that they cannot score penalties) to set out a future plan to win a tournament, any tournament.

After much perusing of global results it was discovered that on April 11 2001, a certain “Archie Thomson” had scored 13 goals in a 31-0 Socceroo demolition of American Samoa. This had to be an opportunity for England, who being far superior footballers to their former colonies, would surely be able to claim the title of Champions of Oceania. A quick check revealed that Oceania was the home of such mighty footballing powers such as Tahiti, Tonga, Cook Islands, Samoa etc. and in a bonus it was now known that Australia had left to join Asia, the stage was set!

A way to graciously exit Euro and enter Oceania had to be put into place. The membership of the European Common Market back in 1975 under somewhat cloudy circumstances gave the FA a reason to propose leaving the EU as that would be a necessary step before joining Oceania.
After intense lobbying, a referendum on leaving the EU was proposed by FA through David Cameron (a truly ardent England supporter who has been continually frustrated by their performance in championships), who could see the vision of England holding aloft the Oceania trophy in Tonga at some time soon.

And so the process began and by 23rd June 2016 the first stage was completed under the guise of improving conditions in UK, and stopping those pesky eastern European workers and immigrants from taking the jobs that no-one in northern England actually want.

All the while David had to pretend to be for the stay campaign. This was achieved by providing a wishy-washy, pro-stay performance in the lead up to the referendum, and then pretending to be stunned at the Brexit result.

Disaster struck however, on 27th June 2016 when England were beaten by Iceland (a small island nation, much like most of Oceania) so the strategy had to go out the window once again.

An urgent halt to proceedings will need to be made now and a delegation to UEFA armed with cold balls for the next draw to ensure that there is no chance of England coming up against Faroe Islands, Gibraltar or Cyprus.

No offence to small island nations intended!

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

England supporters don't jump ship..... lol
So Britain has voted out of the European Union, to the dismay of many citizens.

Many of them have taken to social media to express their disgust with the decision, with most taking it out on the easiest group to blame - the England football team.

'WE ALWAYS SCORE OUR PENALTIES', WARN ICELAND

Here are a few tweets from the angry masses:

I'm supporting Iceland on Monday. And then I'm going to live there. Me, the missus, my dog and my camera. Farage can shiraz off
— Michael Cummins (@MCumminsPhotos) June 24, 2016

I'm supporting Iceland in the football on Monday. I clearly have more in common with them than the majority in this country. #jesuiseuropean
— Andy Hollis (@74Promotions) June 24, 2016
Perhaps this guy should consider ALDI?

I am supporting Iceland as I prefer their football team and the supermarket of the same name is the only place I can afford to shop now
— Will Unwin (@Will_Unwin) June 24, 2016

Fair to say I will be supporting Iceland on Monday night now.
— Joel (@_LFCJoel) June 24, 2016

Officially supporting Iceland in the next round cos I know that more than half of this country are deluded mugs
— Will Bowers (@willbowers96) June 24, 2016

If twitter will allow me a moment of levity… I’m going to be supporting Iceland so bottle of shiraz hard on Monday. *googlesIcleandicfootballchants
— Circare Parrhesia (@tcparrh) June 24, 2016

I'm supporting Northern Ireland against Wales tomorrow and supporting Iceland against England the day after.
— Jules PoulaIN (@JulienPoulain09) June 24, 2016
​​And in case you were worried, Wales got a bit of the bashing as well.

I'm supporting Northern Ireland against Wales tomorrow and supporting Iceland against England the day after.
— Jules PoulaIN (@JulienPoulain09) June 24, 2016

Also I'm now officially supporting Northern Ireland over Wales in the upcoming match. shiraz you Mini-England
— David Nugent (@Gobias___) June 24, 2016
We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

ozzie owl wrote:
magnet wrote:You have to be an unbelievably cabernet manager to not get that team past Iceland. Amazing work by Woy
Very true , however not his fault that multi millionaire stars cant play with passion, pass or control a ball .
Of course its his fault. It is his job to prepare the team both physically and mentally. He didn’t have a clue what was the best formation, he didn’t have a clue what was his best side. His total lack of direction showed in the way the players played.

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

God is an Englishman wrote: Well we're not playing that well and still getting good enough results. We will definitely get to the QF's and then we will need to up our game to get past (presumably) France.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

You've all been Hodged.
Now will you believe us that he's useless?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Population 300k. Oh dear. :oops:

Nevertheless.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope Toomer hasn't topped himself. :P
Ignore this signature

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

magnet wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:
Of course its his fault. It is his job to prepare the team both physically and mentally. He didn’t have a clue what was the best formation, he didn’t have a clue what was his best side. His total lack of direction showed in the way the players played.
Fair call about Hodgson , but don't let the players get away with it either, they have to wear fair portion of the failure.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Bomber wrote:Population 300k. Oh dear. :oops:

Nevertheless.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow the issue now is , who will coach them next.
Last edited by ozzie owl on Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

★★★
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ★★★ »

Why do people quote polulation? It's not really a relavant statistic.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

★★★ wrote:
Why do people quote polulation? It's not really a relavant statistic.
I did it just to piss certain people off even more.
Ignore this signature

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

ozzie owl wrote:

Wow the issue now is , who will coach them next.
It will be Garth Southgate because its the FA's way. They always shiraz it up

Ga Pala
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ga Pala »

Not the coaches fault. The players lack leadership and have done so for years. Mentally the English players struggle to deal with expectation. By the way Forza Azzuri !
" I used to go Missing a lot- Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss Germany." George Best

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Hodgson chose not to attend the Iceland-Austria game when he had spent Wednesday in Paris sightseeing. More details have now emerged of Hodgson’s day trip with his assistant, Ray Lewington. The two visited Notre Dame and took a boat ride along the Seine............that was nice of them. Couldnt be bothered to watch their opponents in the flesh despite being the most highly paid international manager in the world. He clearly knew it all the f**kwit

★★★
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ★★★ »

He probably thought he was going to face Portugal.  Mind you, I guess he wasn't at that game either.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

★★★ wrote:He probably thought he was going to face Portugal.  Mind you, I guess he wasn't at that game either.
He was asked about Iceland’s long-throw tactic a few days ago and remarked that he wasn’t bothered by it or that he'll make any special plans. That went well. What exactly did he and his five coaches plan for this game, other than putting sh1t scared players on the park who had no idea what they were supposed to be doing.

The result flattered England, should have been 3 or 4-1.

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

This had nothing to do with the players Woy's picked. They were playing Iceland and couldn't cope. Why couldn't they cope? Because Townsend and Drinkwater were at home? Nonsense. They didn't cope because he sent 11 players out with the idea that they were better so just had to go out and play. Not a single game plan for the 90 minutes. Set pieces were a case of mark the nearest man Sunday League style. Midfield were non-existent because they didn't feel they needed a midfield tonight. Why would they? It's only bottle of shiraz Iceland. When it became apparent they needed a midfield, they brought Wilshere on to take the fight to Iceland. Perfect Roy. Just what we needed!!! More tippy-tappy shite played in front of their defence which would end with a neat little knock into the channels for Sturridge/Vardy/Rashford/Rose/Walker (delete where applicable). Just a repeat of the first half with a slightly less fit midfielder playing 10 yards higher up the field. Game plan? Don't be silly!! It's only Iceland.

Roy said before the tournament that systems win you nothing, players win games. Well Roy - you've selected a team that is light years ahead of anything Iceland could dream of playing and we lost because they didn't have a bottle of shiraz clue from minute 1 to minute 90. Why would they need a game plan? It's only Iceland!
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

Mackem Lad wrote:This had nothing to do with the players Woy's picked. They were playing Iceland and couldn't cope. Why couldn't they cope? Because Townsend and Drinkwater were at home? Nonsense. They didn't cope because he sent 11 players out with the idea that they were better so just had to go out and play. Not a single game plan for the 90 minutes. Set pieces were a case of mark the nearest man Sunday League style. Midfield were non-existent because they didn't feel they needed a midfield tonight. Why would they? It's only bottle of shiraz Iceland. When it became apparent they needed a midfield, they brought Wilshere on to take the fight to Iceland. Perfect Roy. Just what we needed!!! More tippy-tappy shite played in front of their defence which would end with a neat little knock into the channels for Sturridge/Vardy/Rashford/Rose/Walker (delete where applicable). Just a repeat of the first half with a slightly less fit midfielder playing 10 yards higher up the field. Game plan? Don't be silly!! It's only Iceland.

Roy said before the tournament that systems win you nothing, players win games. Well Roy - you've selected a team that is light years ahead of anything Iceland could dream of playing and we lost because they didn't have a bottle of shiraz clue from minute 1 to minute 90. Why would they need a game plan? It's only Iceland!
Exactly, the players looked lost. They had no direction or gameplan. This was a team full of young players in their first tournament and they needed direction, instead he put them out there to hang themselves. God knows what this does to the confidence of Kane, Alli etc. Woy is gutless, just walking away with his millions without the need to answer to anyone.

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

GIAE has gone missing!

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Wraith wrote:GIAE has gone missing!

I think he's tucked up in bed at the moment.
Time for some righteous indignation

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

with his strong pro-exit euro views, one would of thought he would be happy to be rid of the euro scum and all they represent

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

Is that necessarily true? It would be like saying how unbelievably cabernet are the Greek national team if Ranieri couldn't do anything with them - given his work with Leicester City.
It's all in the Delivery!