England fans attacked

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: England fans attacked

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:Facts? That Aussies don't support a sport when their team is losing? Bollocks
Did someone say that? I don't remember it, but it's true.

I thought it was the fact that Aussies are great at throwing out but get all upset when some comes back at them.
Is it? You're basically saying none of us support the Wallabies suddenly because we lost the other night? You can only be WRONG then.

Re "throwing/receiving" etc - you're as good as any, so cant see why you'd use that as a negative against Aussies in particular.
Here's a reminder for you

Old Redback wrote:
Kosta Utd wrote:The term 'whinging poms' comes to mind :idea:

love to dish it out but enjoy a grand sook when it comes back
...like Aussie cricketers?
I am insulted all the time, some in jest. I laugh at the vast majority of it.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Facts remain.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:Facts remain.
I agree

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Bomber wrote:
Bomber wrote:Facts? That Aussies don't support a sport when their team is losing? Bollocks
Did someone say that? I don't remember it, but it's true.

I thought it was the fact that Aussies are great at throwing out but get all upset when some comes back at them.
Is it? You're basically saying none of us support the Wallabies suddenly because we lost the other night? You can only be WRONG then.

Re "throwing/receiving" etc - you're as good as any, so cant see why you'd use that as a negative against Aussies in particular.
Rather watch State of Origin than Wallabies/England Rugby Union game. I really struggle to sit through any Rugby Union game.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

ozzie owl wrote:Rather watch State of Origin than Wallabies/England Rugby Union game. I really struggle to sit through any Rugby Union game.
That's because you're one of them norvern monkeys :wink:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Nice One Cyril wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:Rather watch State of Origin than Wallabies/England Rugby Union game. I really struggle to sit through any Rugby Union game.
Rugby Union requires a brain to follow the intricacies, it's not just crash bang wallop and see if they can actually count to 6.

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

God is an Englishman wrote: it's not just crash bang wallop and see if they can actually count to 6.
:lol:

Watched Origin last night for my sins.

Seriously no comparison.
Time for some righteous indignation

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Do you support the maroons and follow the blues?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Redback wrote:
:lol:

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

There's an interesting article on the World game website where the author says England have no chance of winning the Tournament.
He states what I've been saying for years, that the problem with English players is that they aren't brought up in a culture of skillful Football like the rest of Europe.

They are encouraged to push the ball forward quickly hoping to overpower the opponent and rely on skillful forwards to put the ball in the net for them.

There is little of the creative play where the ball is passed around smoothly with a plan developing as they begin to open up the opposition and players know where to run and when and what their team mates are expected to do.

The English game is really just a case of push, push, kick with players not familiar with what sort of moves their team mates will make.

EPL clubs only do well against European clubs if they have quality overseas players to do the thinking for them, that's also the reason why foreign coaches are becoming more successful than English coaches who have only ever had experience of the English game.

God knows what the EPL will be like when the current o/s players contracys run out and they have to leave the country now the Poms voted to exit the EU. :shock:
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Old Redback wrote:
zzzzz

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:There's an interesting article on the World game website where the author says England have no chance of winning the Tournament.
He states what I've been saying for years, that the problem with English players is that they aren't brought up in a culture of skillful Football like the rest of Europe.

They are encouraged to push the ball forward quickly hoping to overpower the opponent and rely on skillful forwards to put the ball in the net for them.

There is little of the creative play where the ball is passed around smoothly with a plan developing as they begin to open up the opposition and players know where to run and when and what their team mates are expected to do.

The English game is really just a case of push, push, kick with players not familiar with what sort of moves their team mates will make.

EPL clubs only do well against European clubs if they have quality overseas players to do the thinking for them, that's also the reason why foreign coaches are becoming more successful than English coaches who have only ever had experience of the English game.

God knows what the EPL will be like when the current o/s players contracys run out and they have to leave the country now the Poms voted to exit the EU. :shock:
Simple. It will be a decent league played by Englishman who play the game properly, not like a bunch of namby pamby foreigners who roll around like they've been shot if a player is within 10m of them.

WE WANT OUR GAME BACK!!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Rugby Union requires a brain to follow the intricacies, it's not just crash bang wallop and see if they can actually count to 6.
I can handle League purely similar as I handle AFL as an Aussie, but proper Rugby still is UNION!
Ignore this signature

Save Ferris
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Save Ferris »

I don't care for any of them.