Foxtel signs football deal with beIN Sports!!!

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Foxtel signs football deal with beIN Sports!!!

Post by Wayne Kerr »

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/fo ... ecde601140

THE battle for football viewers on TV has taken another twist, with Qatar-based broadcaster beIN Sports signing a deal for its channels to be offered as part of Foxtel’s sports package.

Previously available only by a separate subscription, beIN has been actively acquiring content around the world, including the Champions League and European Championships in Australia.

From May 15 beIN will be included as part of the Foxtel sports package without additional charge.

It means that Fox Sports subscribers will see the Europa League and Champions League finals, as well as all games in the Euros.

The beIN deal will make a variety of alternative leagues available on Foxtel after the departure of the Premier League, including La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1 and Bundesliga, as well as the Europa League and some South American football

Three additional channels will be created on Foxtel, adding to the Fox Sports suite and the ESPN channels.
Richard Freudenstein, outgoing Foxtel chief executive, said: “The addition of these new dedicated sports channels from our partners at beIN SPORTS is a huge win for sports fans who subscribe to Foxtel, greatly increasing the value of a subscription.

“The channels will be compulsory viewing for fans of international football and rugby and complement the already great line-up of sports channels on Foxtel. There is no doubt Foxtel is the home of LIVE sport in Australia

- 2016 UEFA Europa League Final, 19 May, LIVE & Exclusive on beIN SPORTS

- 2016 UEFA Champions League Final, 29 May, LIVE on beIN SPORTS

- UEFA Euro 2016, 11 June to 11 July, The only place to see all 51 games LIVE is on beIN SPORTS

- Serie A, Every game LIVE on beIN SPORTS

- La Liga, Every game LIVE & Exclusive on beIN SPORTS

- Bundesliga, Every game LIVE & Exclusive on beIN SPORTS

- Ligue 1, 6 games per round LIVE & Exclusive on beIN SPORTS
We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Re: Foxtel signs football deal with beIN Sports!!!

Post by ozzie owl »

Fantastic news, three sports channels all in HD.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Just after they showed 2 Millwall games as well

pernunz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by pernunz »

More football which is easily accessible is never a bad thing.

I believe we will now only have 2 subscription services for all football access.

1. Optus for EPL (final details including pricing yet to be announced)
2. Fox Sports for A-League, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1, Champions League/Europa League and some Brazilian league matches - Minimum cost of $50/month for home use (yet to be seen whether pubs will be able to incorporate beIN into their packages)

Both will have apps which would allow streaming on mobiles/tablets/PC's as well

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

And I get a refund for paying beIN well in advance ($3.50 per week) for umpteen weeks. I've had Setanta or whatever it was called then since the 2004 European Championships.

And hopefully pubs like The Alma & The Bath won't have to stare blankly when we ask if they've got the beIN Sports Channel (or Setanta in the past) - which they didn't have.

ps, any forumite know if this is a reaction by Foxy TV losing the EPL to Octopus?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

You're paying $15 a month for bein? :lol:

pernunz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by pernunz »

Con M wrote:ps, any forumite know if this is a reaction by Foxy TV losing the EPL to Octopus?
Well, they were spending around $25m (unsure if per season or over 3 years, so maybe $8m per season?) on the EPL rights previously, so they are probably subsidising the cost of your beIN subscription and making it available to all.
Last edited by pernunz on Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

pernunz wrote:More football which is easily accessible is never a bad thing.

I believe we will now only have 2 subscription services for all football access.

2. Fox Sports for A-League, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1, Champions League/Europa League and some Brazilian league matches - Minimum cost of $50/month for home use (yet to be seen whether pubs will be able to incorporate beIN into their packages)

I would suspect that Optus wont come cheap , they need to get back the $60m.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Long overdue. They have so many leagues and on one channel you don't get much at all of each.

All Serie A matches is great news. And hopefully it will also mean all Champions League matches next season too. Only saw one Juventus match on tv, they had the misfortune of playing the same nights as Manchester United and of course, they had to be on every matchday.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

ozzie owl wrote:
pernunz wrote:More football which is easily accessible is never a bad thing.

I would suspect that Optus wont come cheap , they need to get back the $60m.
'Rumoured' to be 'free' if already a Optus/Fetch customer.

Get In The Car
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Get In The Car »

It'll cost me nothing.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

God is an Englishman wrote:You're paying $15 a month for bein? :lol:
Yeah, the nice man with the Asian accent gave me a good deal for being a loyal long-time subscriber. Are you saying I didn't pay enough, God ISN'T An Englishman? Or that the cost equivalent of half a pint a week was paying too much?

Get In The Car
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Get In The Car »

Con M wrote:ps, any forumite know if this is a reaction by Foxy TV losing the EPL to Octopus?
You mean ye who knows all doesn't know?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Con M wrote:
Yeah, the nice man with the Asian accent gave me a good deal for being a loyal long-time subscriber. Are you saying I didn't pay enough, God ISN'T An Englishman? Or that the cost equivalent of half a pint a week was paying too much?
I pay $5 a month

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Con M wrote:
I pay $5 a month
I'll miss my three-monthly calls with that Irish fella telling him I'm unsubscribing unless he continues the $5 deal.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Con M wrote:
I pay $5 a month
Hell, unless this is an April Fool's joke, I doff my hat to God ISN'T An Englishman & Magnet.

Evidence please so I can request a bigger refund from the sender of the Dear Constantinos email ..

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Con M wrote:Hell, unless this is an April Fool's joke, I doff my hat to God ISN'T An Englishman & Magnet.

Evidence please so I can request a bigger refund from the sender of the Dear Constantinos email ..
Sorry I can't evidence a phone call and I'm not sending you copies of my bank statements. However, I posted on March 31st so not an April Fool. You will have to take my word as an Englishman and a gentleman on that.

however, you are not going to get a bigger refund from what you have agreed to pay.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Con M wrote:Hell, unless this is an April Fool's joke, I doff my hat to God ISN'T An Englishman & Magnet.

Sorry I can't evidence a phone call and I'm not sending you copies of my bank statements. However, I posted on March 31st so not an April Fool. You will have to take my word as an Englishman and a gentleman on that.

Was the phone call with a beIN operative with a British accent? Did you get preferential treatment? Was it because they were showing your Millwall last season before relegation?

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Plenty of stories around, especially from the Setanta days, that if you called and threatened to leave the service they would drop the price for you to entice you to stay. We were paying I think only $5 for a while. My cousin was somehow getting it for free from them. Don't think BeIN did anything about it.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Con M wrote:

Was the phone call with a beIN operative with a British accent? Did you get preferential treatment? Was it because they were showing your Millwall last season before relegation?
I called about 11 months ago when we were relegated and the rugby season was over as well.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

i did have $5 deals for a few months then just went for the $100 for a year when it was on offer to all.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

beIN sport started yesterday on Fox. I am very impressed with content I have seen so far. I am watching Scottish PL at the moment. To the true football lover these 3 stations have it all. They are not restricted to football.

magnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by magnet »

eagleboy wrote:beIN sport started yesterday on Fox. I am very impressed with content I have seen so far. I am watching Scottish PL at the moment. To the true football lover these 3 stations have it all. They are not restricted to football.
I've always slagged Setanta/BeInsports off before but watching yesterday in HD and multiple channels was great. I'm looking forward to their Euro 2016 coverage.