Have you seen worse defending? Blackpool

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Have you seen worse defending? Blackpool

Post by God is an Englishman »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jLEQGOP1XB4

To call it schoolboy errors isn't fair on schoolboys.

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Have you seen worse defending? Blackpool

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

A cracking throw in and well timed run for the first, got lucky with the free kick as he was trying to get it over the wall, the Red Card was harsh and the penalty was a pen but at least the bloke through his body in the way

seen far worse at a higher level
HA'WAY THE LADS

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Outlaw 2.0 wrote:A cracking throw in and well timed run for the first, got lucky with the free kick as he was trying to get it over the wall, the Red Card was harsh and the penalty was a pen but at least the bloke through his body in the way

seen far worse at a higher level
They let a throw in bounce and then bounce over them, terrible defending. Even my son laughed at how bad they were.

Jumping in the wall, terrible defending.

Not really an argument that it was a booking (these days anyway)

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

God is an Englishman wrote:
They let a throw in bounce and then bounce over them, terrible defending. Even my son laughed at how bad they were.

Wind took the throw in you can clearly see it move left and right on it's way into the box

The free kick has nothing to do with jumping the ball snuck through a small gap, got lucky really

If that is a booking then most games these days would end up 7 a side, free kick and stern talking to

I look forward to seeing your Son at the next world cup, or in the audience at the garden of unearthly delights sometime :lol:
HA'WAY THE LADS

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Outlaw 2.0 wrote:

Wind took the throw in you can clearly see it move left and right on it's way into the box

The free kick has nothing to do with jumping the ball snuck through a small gap, got lucky really

If that is a booking then most games these days would end up 7 a side, free kick and stern talking to

I look forward to seeing your Son at the next world cup, or in the audience at the garden of unearthly delights sometime :lol:
He's a bit young to be in the next one, 2022 is even probably a bit early, he'd be one of the youngest ever in the England side for that to happen.

So, there was a gap in the wall - terrible defending.

It says something when the Millwall supporter is playing down his team and the random is talking us up.

If our C Grade let in goals like the first 2 then they'd be disappointed, let alone a professional team.

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Outlaw 2.0 wrote:

He's a bit young to be in the next one, 2022 is even probably a bit early, he'd be one of the youngest ever in the England side for that to happen.

So, there was a gap in the wall - terrible defending.

It says something when the Millwall supporter is playing down his team and the random is talking us up.

If our C Grade let in goals like the first 2 then they'd be disappointed, let alone a professional team.
No one is talking you up mate. In summary, we have a gap in the wall... Heaven forbid and a right time right place poachers goal. Keep this up you and the Foxes will be battling it out for top spot soon enough.
HA'WAY THE LADS

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

a gap in the wall - terrible defending

allowing a throw in to bounce all the way through to the strikers head for basically a tap in - terrible defending

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

Ive only watched on my phone, but it looks like it goes around the 4th guy in the wall, the 2 other defenders and millwall striker that are blocking the gk's view aren't part of the wall, not sure why both are there as the only thing they are blocking is the actual gk.

The throw in looks bad but the central defender gets rolled by the guy in front just missing it, looks like a turtle neck effort but once it clears his head he has no chance, striker was already on the move from behind defender, god knows what his marker is doing though.

I thought you would have seen enough football to have seen worse than that though, average but not exactly the worst Ive seen.
Wullington gave it a good run on Saturday for Mauks goal.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

God is an Englishman

a gap in the wall - terrible defending

allowing a throw in to bounce all the way through to the strikers head for basically a tap in - terrible defending

I refer you back to your post heading....the answer is yes!

the heading doesn't ask "is it terrible defending?"
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Ronnie Chiggs
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Ronnie Chiggs »

God is an Englishman wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jLEQGOP1XB4
To call it schoolboy errors isn't fair on schoolboys.
I thought I was watching the Dundee derby.
No-one is innocent