Jose outski at Chelski

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Jose outski at Chelski

Post by Bomber »

No big surprise but I thought they should have kept him on
Ignore this signature

Urgh! A Musíc War
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Jose outski at Chelski

Post by Urgh! A Musíc War »

I hate screaming kids

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Whilst I'm still laughing, it's a ridiculous decision to sack the best manager they've ever had, who made them Champions last season and who's won over 20 trophies with various teams in his career.

It seemed to all go pear shaped with the sacking of Eva Carneiro, maybe he lost the support of the players at that moment. If so, just goes to show, however much money you have, however professional you think you are, all men think with their grenache first and last :lol:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Jose out, bring back Eva

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote:Jose out, bring back Eva

Player power wins again.

If they go and thrash Sunderland this week, which is distinctly likely since they're crap, Abramovich should fine every player a month's wages for not trying in the last 15 games.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

Nice One Cyril wrote:

Player power wins again.

If they go and thrash Sunderland this week, which is distinctly likely since they're crap, Abramovich should fine every player a month's wages for not trying in the last 15 games.
Easy there fella! We might just surprise them, although I would have preferred one more week of Jose :wink:
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

BIG RED
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BIG RED »

Nice One Cyril wrote:

Player power wins again.

yes you have to wonder especially when look at what they achieved last year but is it that or the players not being able to handle losing a number of games and they couldn't get out of the downward confidence spiral. Or they couldn't handle the fact once they got into a position where they couldn't win the title again so they individually dropped the ball in some cases.

You would hope (as very well paid professionals) that this wouldn't come into it. (but they are human)

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Nice One Cyril wrote:Whilst I'm still laughing, it's a ridiculous decision to sack the best manager they've ever had, who made them Champions last season and who's won over 20 trophies with various teams in his career.

It seemed to all go pear shaped with the sacking of Eva Carneiro, maybe he lost the support of the players at that moment. If so, just goes to show, however much money you have, however professional you think you are, all men think with their grenache first and last :lol:
A bit sexist to suggest that, maybe they backed her expertise and it's nothing to do with the fact that she's fit as shiraz

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:Whilst I'm still laughing, it's a ridiculous decision to sack the best manager they've ever had, who made them Champions last season and who's won over 20 trophies with various teams in his career.

A bit sexist to suggest that, maybe they backed her expertise and it's nothing to do with the fact that she's fit as shiraz
No more groin strains at Chelsea :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Will be announced as the new Mancs manager before seasons end
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:Will be announced as the new Mancs manager before seasons end
To be honest, I couldn't see him going there, not sure why. However, United are now soooo bad, and boring to boot, he could well be there just after Christmas.
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Nice One Cyril wrote:
haywood djablowme wrote:Will be announced as the new Mancs manager before seasons end
To be honest, I couldn't see him going there, not sure why. However, United are now soooo bad, and boring to boot, he could well be there just after Christmas.
He has come out over night & said he wants to be their next manager :shock:

Chelski crowd singing Jose name prior & during the game. Costa & Cesc booed prior to the game & when both substituted

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Although 'The Special One' has had great success at every club he's been at I have some doubts about his true ability.

He never stays very long wherever he goes and always goes to big clubs who can afford to buy the players he demands.

Both times at Chelski he bought big, won some trophies and then it all went wrong and it is pretty much the same at his other clubs.

If he goes to ManUre he will do the same - spend big, win trophies and then lose his way.

Not a Long Term Coach.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Old Master wrote:Although 'The Special One' has had great success at every club he's been at I have some doubts about his true ability.

He never stays very long wherever he goes and always goes to big clubs who can afford to buy the players he demands.

Both times at Chelski he bought big, won some trophies and then it all went wrong and it is pretty much the same at his other clubs.

If he goes to ManUre he will do the same - spend big, win trophies and then lose his way.

Not a Long Term Coach.
Could you please make us a list of those managers who've won 20 plus trophies in their career. Thanks, it shouldn't take long.
Danny Blanchflower

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:Although 'The Special One' has had great success at every club he's been at I have some doubts about his true ability.

Not a Long Term Coach.
Completely agree, he spent all that money getting that huge club Porto to win the Champions League.

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Not a Long Term Coach.
For similar reasons I have the same issues with Guardiola - I'd like to see these managers go and manage crappy mid table clubs who have no success like Spurs and Liverpool and see how their 'genius' methods propel them up the table. For what it's worth I would have liked to have Ancelotti back and genuinely think Liverpool have recruited the best coach and if Klopp (with money) can't do it then they may be waiting another quarter of a century.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Old Redback wrote:

Not a Long Term Coach.
For similar reasons I have the same issues with Guardiola - I'd like to see these managers go and manage crappy mid table clubs who have no success like Spurs and Liverpool and see how their 'genius' methods propel them up the table. For what it's worth I would have liked to have Ancelotti back and genuinely think Liverpool have recruited the best coach and if Klopp (with money) can't do it then they may be waiting another quarter of a century.
Agreed, it's difficult to judge Pep. Sure he's done great, but only ever managed Barca and Bayern, hardly poor, middle of the table clubs. Jose, on the other hand, took Porto from nowhere to the Champions League, amazing in anyone's language.

Ranieri is the man of the moment, but he's been a good manager wherever he's been, mostly with fairly unfashionable teams. My friends who have been Chelsea STH for 30+ years always say he was the start of the Chelsea rise, it was his management that prompted Roman to buy them, then ironically sack Ranieri.

It's not likely to happen, but it would be interesting to see how someone like Tony Pulis would get on as say the Man United manager.
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Old Redback wrote:

Not a Long Term Coach.
Agreed, it's difficult to judge Pep. Sure he's done great, but only ever managed Barca and Bayern, hardly poor, middle of the table clubs. Jose, on the other hand, took Porto from nowhere to the Champions League, amazing in anyone's language.

Ranieri is the man of the moment, but he's been a good manager wherever he's been, mostly with fairly unfashionable teams. My friends who have been Chelsea STH for 30+ years always say he was the start of the Chelsea rise, it was his management that prompted Roman to buy them, then ironically sack Ranieri.

It's not likely to happen, but it would be interesting to see how someone like Tony Pulis would get on as say the Man United manager.
Alan Pardew fits this mold Cyril & is the one who Chelski should take a punt on!

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:Agreed, it's difficult to judge Pep. Sure he's done great, but only ever managed Barca and Bayern, hardly poor, middle of the table clubs. Jose, on the other hand, took Porto from nowhere to the Champions League, amazing in anyone's language.

Alan Pardew fits this mold Cyril & is the one who Chelski should take a punt on!
Certainly fits the mould alright, but can't see his rather abrasive style (which I love) going down well with Roman.
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

It''ll be that cheating twat from athletico

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Nice One Cyril wrote:
haywood djablowme wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:Agreed, it's difficult to judge Pep. Sure he's done great, but only ever managed Barca and Bayern, hardly poor, middle of the table clubs. Jose, on the other hand, took Porto from nowhere to the Champions League, amazing in anyone's language.

Certainly fits the mould alright, but can't see his rather abrasive style (which I love) going down well with Roman.
Pardew :lol:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

God is an Englishman wrote:Pardew :lol:
Is that because he was at the Hammers? Hardly objective.
Danny Blanchflower

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Nice One Cyril wrote:
It's because there's no way Abramovich is going to settle for him. With all his money, the name pardew just isn't big enough.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
It's because there's no way Abramovich is going to settle for him. With all his money, the name pardew just isn't big enough.
That I do agree with.
Danny Blanchflower

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Reports coming out suggesting he's on his way to Man U......

If Pepe goes to Man C......ohhhh to be in Manchester.....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote:Reports coming out suggesting he's on his way to Man U......

Clearly you've never been to Manchester then

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

You sure about that?
We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Wayne Kerr wrote:

You sure about that?
yes

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Not a Long Term Coach.
Completely agree, he spent all that money getting that huge club Porto to win the Champions League.

Porto is a big club in Portugal and was struggling in mediocrity so the Chairman gave 'The Special One' a blank cheque to get them back where he believed they belonged.

He wasn't there long either - as I say a short term coach! :P
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

Old Master wrote:

Not a Long Term Coach.

Porto is a big club in Portugal and was struggling in mediocrity so the Chairman gave 'The Special One' a blank cheque to get them back where he believed they belonged.

He wasn't there long either - as I say a short term coach! :P
Hard to play this one down.
I don't think anyone believed Porto signings or otherwise could win a CL.