Rise in discrimination reports in England

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Rise in discrimination reports in England

Post by Old Master »

Rise in reports of discrimination, says Kick It Out and FA

The number of reported cases of discrimination in English football increased last season, says Kick It Out and the Football Association.

A total of 887 incidents were reported to the FA, while Kick It Out directly dealt with 393 complaints.

Social media incidents involving participants of the game also went up.

"It is widely acknowledged that more people are prepared to make reports about discrimination in football," said Kick It Out chairman Lord Ouseley.

"This is due to an increased confidence in the regulatory system investigating complaints thoroughly with the aim of achieving effective outcomes.

"We are urging all authorities and agencies to take action, particularly through education, to tackle this phenomenon in a concerted way, not only for the benefit of football but also for the whole of society in the UK."

Among those charged in 2014-15 were Wigan owner Dave Whelan for remarks he made about Jewish people, defender Robert Huth for comments he made on social media related to gender reassignment, and striker Mario Balotelli for retweeting an image which appeared to contain anti-Semitic and racist references.

Reports are recorded from a wide range of sources, including phone calls and emails into any one of the 52 County Football Associations across the country or directly to the FA at Wembley.

Kick It Out allows complainants to report incidents through its website, telephone hotline, email and social media, while 36% of people used the mobile phone app to report incidents.

There were 47 cases of discrimination in the 2014-15 season up to 20 May, only 11 of which led to a charge, and 28 resulted in no further action being taken.

It does sound as if it is getting worse but I think it is mainly because more people feel safe in reporting things these days.

Most of my friends in England say it is nowhere near as bad as it was 5 years ago.OM
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Rise in discrimination reports in England

Post by God is an Englishman »

Or maybe, people have got more precious and politically correct.

Oh yes, 2010 that hotbed of racial intolerence.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Perhaps the Racist Morons have gone to Rugby Union where they are more welcome? :roll:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Old Master wrote:Perhaps the Racist Morons have gone to Rugby Union where they are more welcome? :roll:
Let's get rid of racism in football.

It would be akin to someone complaining about a Catholic conspiracy at the top of the AFL :wink:

Bloody Paddys :lol:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Football is a segment of life. I would estimate that football has slightly more racism as a percentage than society but then football is traditionally a game for working class men. It is this group that would feel the most disillusioned with current immigration levels and political correctness.

The catch cry of the left at the moment is racism. Even consider being anti mass immigration and you're considered racist by the loons.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

You can be a lefty without being a loon. Like you can be a right winger without being racist.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

New name required wrote:You can be a lefty without being a loon. Like you can be a right wHinger without being racist.
Only one letter off........
Ignore this signature

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Old Master wrote:Perhaps the Racist Morons have gone to Rugby Union where they are more welcome? :roll:

It would be akin to someone complaining about a Catholic conspiracy at the top of the AFL :wink:

The AFL was never mentioned in my report, not that details bother you when you want to have a go at someone. :oops:

Perhaps you should go back and read the original post where I raised the connection between the SAFFL, SA Labor party and the ORIGINAL Irish Catholic settlers in SA? :idea:

There was a deliberate policy of discrimination against Footballl from the beginning of settlement and the only reason they weren't against Cricket was that they needed to use their ovals in winter and so formed an alliance of sorts with them.

This continued well into the 1970's when the Irish Catholic control of catholic schools was finally broken by the influx of Priests and parents from Italian and Greek backgrounds who demanded Football be played.

The proof of what I say is all available to read in the various archives, but then you are too lazy to do the research, much easier to call me a racist. :roll: :roll: :roll:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Old Master wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

The AFL was never mentioned in my report, not that details bother you when you want to have a go at someone. :oops:

Perhaps you should go back and read the original post where I raised the connection between the SAFFL, SA Labor party and the ORIGINAL Irish Catholic settlers in SA? :idea:

There was a deliberate policy of discrimination against Footballl from the beginning of settlement and the only reason they weren't against Cricket was that they needed to use their ovals in winter and so formed an alliance of sorts with them.

This continued well into the 1970's when the Irish Catholic control of catholic schools was finally broken by the influx of Priests and parents from Italian and Greek backgrounds who demanded Football be played.

The proof of what I say is all available to read in the various archives, but then you are too lazy to do the research, much easier to call me a racist. :roll: :roll: :roll:
I'm not calling anyone a racist, just pointing out your unintended irony :lol:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

By using your own intended irony. :wink:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details