Cech to Arsenal

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Cech to Arsenal

Post by Old Redback »

Whilst I am sorry to see a great servant leave I have to commend him on how he conducted himself last season - no whingeing or carrying on demanding show downs with management or playing the story out through the media etc - rightly deserves the transfer he wants that works for him. Great pick up for the Arsenal too.
Hope this serves as a lesson for all the primadonnas out there that loyalty to a club and a team - even when it isn't going as well as you would like individually - can pay off.
All the best Petr and thanks for the 11 years of outstanding service.
Great business from Chelsea too - had him for 11 years and sold him 4 EPL titles later for more than what they paid originally.

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Cech to Arsenal

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Old Redback wrote:Whilst I am sorry to see a great servant leave I have to commend him on how he conducted himself last season - no whingeing or carrying on demanding show downs with management or playing the story out through the media etc - rightly deserves the transfer he wants that works for him. Great pick up for the Arsenal too.
Hope this serves as a lesson for all the primadonnas out there that loyalty to a club and a team - even when it isn't going as well as you would like individually - can pay off.
All the best Petr and thanks for the 11 years of outstanding service.
Great business from Chelsea too - had him for 11 years and sold him 4 EPL titles later for more than what they paid originally.
Back up or Starter??
HA'WAY THE LADS

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Ospina played a blinder this morning against the Argies. Couple of world class saves to deny Messi & co

Cech expected to be unveiled when he returns from his holiday
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

haywood djablowme wrote:Ospina played a blinder this morning against the Argies. Couple of world class saves to deny Messi & co

Did you see Ospina run out to block then bottle it, then pretend to be injured. He has no place at Arsenal, we'll win nothing with him

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Yes i did & totally agree with you he is to small & light frame to play in the BPL.. just thought he would be down in confidence with Cechs imminent arrival. That performance should of put a couple of extra $$ on his transfer fee

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Wengers best signings are up there with anyone's but every year or so he brings in someone that leaves scratching your head going WTF was he thinking. Ospina woudn’t be the worst. I reckon that honour would have to go to Santos or Cygan, would love to have seen a front 2 of Bentner & Sanogo in action though.

Del Boca Vista
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Del Boca Vista »

gooners have their best team in ages!

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Welcome Petr :D

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Excellent news.

Sportings William Carvalho maybe next? Seen him play for Portugal in the U21s this month, I know it's only U21s but looks just the job for us, very strong on the ball, plays defensive mid & centre back if needed.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

N5 1BH wrote:Wengers best signings are up there with anyone's but every year or so he brings in someone that leaves scratching your head going WTF was he thinking. Ospina woudn’t be the worst. I reckon that honour would have to go to Santos or Cygan, would love to have seen a front 2 of Bentner & Sanogo in action though.
:lol: Cygan

Mine would be Glen Helder or Julio Baptista

paraliticandroid
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by paraliticandroid »

N5 1BH wrote:
haywood djablowme wrote:Ospina played a blinder this morning against the Argies. Couple of world class saves to deny Messi & co

Did you see Ospina run out to block then bottle it, then pretend to be injured. He has no place at Arsenal, we'll win nothing with him
What a bunch of ungrateful people Arsenal supporters are, and I am not talking about FN only, you can read it about it all over the net. With Ospina on goals Arsenal managed to stop losing games due to the stupid mistakes and unprofessionalism displayed by Sczezny. Good luck to Ospina wherever he goes, and karma will have Arsenal facing Ospina in another club and cursing their luck for selling him.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

afccoach wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:

What a bunch of ungrateful people Arsenal supporters are, and I am not talking about FN only, you can read it about it all over the net. With Ospina on goals Arsenal managed to stop losing games due to the stupid mistakes and unprofessionalism displayed by Sczezny. Good luck to Ospina wherever he goes, and karma will have Arsenal facing Ospina in another club and cursing their luck for selling him.
You right Sczezny is shit too

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

afccoach wrote:
:lol: :lol: shows how lil you watch & know about the Arsenal

The return to fitness of Koscielny at the back, allowing Monreal to return to LB gave the defence a huge lift. Kozzie is one of the best CB in the league. He covers the faults in Per & matches up well with him. In addition, the return to fitness of Ozil, Walcott, Giroud, Ramsey, Wilshere & emergence of Coquelin gave Arsenal far more balance all over the park, taking more pressure away from the back 4. Ospina was another piece in that puzzle but clearly has his faults & showed he was just a good keeper. But to win leagues you dont need a good keeper you need a world class keeper & thats what Cech now adds to our team.

Have you seen Ospina performance during the Copa..?? (bar his stand out performance against the Argies)

paraliticandroid
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by paraliticandroid »

Time will tell ...

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

I reckon fans have shown remarkable restraint regarding our keepers. Wenger for whatever reason just hasn't taken the position seriously. Since Lehmann left, who lets be honest was a bit of a nutter, about 8 years ago our keepers have included Almunia, Wright, Manonne, Flabianski, Szczesny & Ospina, (who have I forgotten). Says it all really

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

N5 1BH wrote:Excellent news.

Sportings William Carvalho maybe next? Seen him play for Portugal in the U21s this month, I know it's only U21s but looks just the job for us, very strong on the ball, plays defensive mid & centre back if needed.
Porto have just signed Imbula from Marseille, is he Carvalho replacement?? Hope so as I have watched him during the U21 torney & he has been very good for Portugal. 2 man of the match performances & bossed the 'new StevieG' Emre Can in the Semi's

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

the 'new StevieG' Emre Can

:lol:
HA'WAY THE LADS

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Maybe he meant new 'Kenny G'

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Outlaw 2.0 wrote:the 'new StevieG' Emre Can

:lol:
dont worry I thought the same, its what all the Pool supporters are calling him :lol:

Stenman
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Stenman »

haywood djablowme wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:Wengers best signings are up there with anyone's but every year or so he brings in someone that leaves scratching your head going WTF was he thinking. Ospina woudn’t be the worst. I reckon that honour would have to go to Santos or Cygan, would love to have seen a front 2 of Bentner & Sanogo in action though.
:lol: Cygan

Mine would be Glen Helder or Julio Baptista
Frannie Jeffers anyone?

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Were Jeffers and Helder mistakes by Wenger's predecessors?

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Old Redback wrote:Were Jeffers and Helder mistakes by Wenger's predecessors?
Not sure about Helder (easily forgotten) but Jeffers was definitely Wengers, 'the fox in the box' if I remember right.

Stenman
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Stenman »

Old Redback wrote:Were Jeffers and Helder mistakes by Wenger's predecessors?
Frannie signed in '01. definitely Wenger