UEFA Nuclear Option

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

UEFA Nuclear Option

Post by admin »

With Blatter re-elected as FIFA president, will UEFA pull its nuclear option and split from FIFA? Does UEFA really need FIFA anyway?

It is expected the majors from South America would join UEFA along with other key countries.

This would leave FIFA with Africa and host of small countries around the globe who do not bring in any dollars into the game. The World Cup in Russia and Qatar would become meaningless and would be up against the new World Champions Cup put on by the new body.

FIFA would collapse quickly.

limozeen
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: UEFA Nuclear Option

Post by limozeen »

Would be interesting times
Go Reds

Check out Ground Phase at...
http://www.reverbnation.com/groundphase
http://youtu.be/TkdT5gPXQkM

'66 '68 '69 '71 '73 '76 '78 '13 '15

Grosso
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Grosso »

keep dreaming

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Not even UEFA is united against Blatter:

A string of European countries including France, Spain and Russia betrayed a supposedly pro-reform mandate to kick Sepp Blatter out of FIFA, the Mail on Sunday can reveal.

As many as 18 UEFA nations, including Russia and allies in the eastern bloc, plus Spain and UEFA president Michel Platini’s native France, went against UEFA orders to vote for Prince Ali bin Al-Hussein in Friday’s presidential election.

Russia is an avowed ally of Blatter, with public support coming from president Vladimir Putin.

Spain and France as nations are huge beneficiaries of Qatari investment. Both of their FIFA executive members voted in 2010 for Qatar to stage the 2022 World Cup.

As Blatter began a fifth four-year term on Saturday, Prince Ali and Uefa were analysing how and why more than a third of Europe’s 53-nation membership could have defied Platini’s request to vote as a bloc.

Baresi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Baresi »

Why is this in the Aleague Forum?

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Cos admin can do as they want......

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Baresi wrote:Why is this in the Aleague Forum?
A League's finished. It's now the Local Football forum :wink:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

George Worst
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by George Worst »

Mad_Mäx wrote:keep dreaming
All that remains now is to see just how retribution is extracted against those 70-odd countries who were brave/stupid enough to vote against Blatter.
Red til Dead, AUFC all the way!!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

UEFA should just invite Argentina and Brazil into the next European Championships. No need for a world
Cup then and Blatter/FIFA can die it's well deserved death.

In fact why don't they just become permanent members of UEFA.

thewabster
Star Player
Star Player

Post by thewabster »

To bring the world into line with UEFA, al that is required is a co-ordinated approach.

UEFA should forthwith ban any footballers outside of UEFA from playing in UEFA competitions.
UEFA should give countries aligned with UEFA thinking, "most favoured nation" status.

Football in these countries would then be devastated especially the Africans and Central America.
China has most favoured tradig status to certain countries so its just an extension of that sort of system.

Im sure Lowey voted the way he did (publically) because of what is about to transpire.

Napoli
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Napoli »

I recon Platini is more shaddy than Blatter. Didnt he vote for Qatar? Also, who would trust the Saudi's to do a bettre job than Blatter? Who is this Prince guy and what has he done?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Napoli wrote:I recon Platini is more shaddy than Blatter. Didnt he vote for Qatar? Also, who would trust the Saudi's to do a bettre job than Blatter? Who is this Prince guy and what has he done?
I think he's Jordanian, not that that's a ringing endorsement for his probity.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Napoli
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Napoli »

He'll move everything so it doesnt conflict with ramadan - bye bye june/july world cups forever

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

thewabster wrote:To bring the world into line with UEFA, al that is required is a co-ordinated approach.

UEFA should forthwith ban any footballers outside of UEFA from playing in UEFA competitions.
UEFA should give countries aligned with UEFA thinking, "most favoured nation" status.

Football in these countries would then be devastated especially the Africans and Central America.
China has most favoured tradig status to certain countries so its just an extension of that sort of system.

Im sure Lowey voted the way he did (publically) because of what is about to transpire.
One of the most stupid ideas I've ever heard, it can't possibly work.

Any club that has any non UEFA player will now sue UEFA and they will win.

COYR98
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by COYR98 »

Napoli wrote:He'll move everything so it doesnt conflict with ramadan - bye bye june/july world cups forever
Even though ramadan doesnt have a set month and begins earlier each year. Ignorance is bliss.

George Worst
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by George Worst »

God is an Englishman wrote:UEFA should just invite Argentina and Brazil into the next European Championships. No need for a world
Cup then and Blatter/FIFA can die it's well deserved death.In fact why don't they just become permanent members of UEFA.
Whatever Sepp finally does die of it certainly wont be shame :(

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Clearly in the wrong forum as well, I have reported it so admin can see his error and fix it.

thewabster
Star Player
Star Player

Post by thewabster »

God is an Englishman wrote:
thewabster wrote:To bring the world into line with UEFA, al that is required is a co-ordinated approach.

Countries dont have to provide work permits, therefore a co-ordinated approach

George Worst
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by George Worst »

God is an Englishman wrote:Clearly in the wrong forum as well, I have reported it so admin can see his error and fix it.
Narc! :lol:

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

FIFA is window into the world of what the UN would be like without the security council.

What's the problem with FIFA? Too much flat line democracy.
Oceania has more votes in a congress than South America.
Should Turks and Caicos Islands (population 100,000, FIFA ranking dead last) have as much power as Brazil?

At the bottom end of the scale you have nations who probably don't give a rats about football but have votes for sale.

George Worst
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by George Worst »

The Kop wrote:FIFA is window into the world of what the UN would be like without the security council.

Should Turks and Caicos Islands (population 100,000, FIFA ranking dead last) have as much power as Brazil?

At the bottom end of the scale you have nations who probably don't give a rats about football but have votes for sale.
How does the Executive Council fit into your model? the ExCo decides things like who hosts the World Cup. Seeing as how that worked out so well for 2018& 2022, I'm not sure FIFA should look at giving them more power like a FIFA Security Council.

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

George Worst wrote:
The Kop wrote:FIFA is window into the world of what the UN would be like without the security council.

How does the Executive Council fit into your model? the ExCo decides things like who hosts the World Cup. Seeing as how that worked out so well for 2018& 2022, I'm not sure FIFA should look at giving them more power like a FIFA Security Council.
I'd have permanent members of FIFA Security Council (ExCo) as past World Cup winners.

Or, if congress voting was proportionate to some other metric than 1 to 1 you'd probably see less also-rans elected to ExCo.

George Worst
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by George Worst »

I like the idea of only Countries that have won the World Cup being eligible to sit on FIFA ExCo. I'd also like to see term limits for the FIFA president similar to American politics...2 maximum, then you have to stand down.

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

George Worst wrote:I like the idea of only Countries that have won the World Cup being eligible to sit on FIFA ExCo. I'd also like to see term limits for the FIFA president similar to American politics...2 maximum, then you have to stand down.
Good idea on 2 terms max. I'd have ExCo as one rep from each Confederation (maybe plus past winners, but maybe not). I'd also set a standard rotation of the Cup between Confederations.

Europe - Asia/Oceania - CONCACAF - Sth America - Africa
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

George Worst wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Clearly in the wrong forum as well, I have reported it so admin can see his error and fix it.
Narc! :lol:

You can't be a narc for reporting to the person who did it.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

thewabster wrote:

Countries dont have to provide work permits, therefore a co-ordinated approach

So now you want government help in this effort as well. A government initiative that would also be overturned by the courts very easily.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

otto62 wrote:
George Worst wrote:I like the idea of only Countries that have won the World Cup being eligible to sit on FIFA ExCo. I'd also like to see term limits for the FIFA president similar to American politics...2 maximum, then you have to stand down.
Good idea on 2 terms max. I'd have ExCo as one rep from each Confederation (maybe plus past winners, but maybe not). I'd also set a standard rotation of the Cup between Confederations.

Why link in Asia with Oceania? Hardly fair on those confederations if you want it to be comparable.

Oceania shouldn't get the same votes as UEFA, nor should they get the same amount of world cups as UEFA countries.

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

otto62 wrote:

Why link in Asia with Oceania? Hardly fair on those confederations if you want it to be comparable.
Oceania shouldn't get the same votes as UEFA, nor should they get the same amount of world cups as UEFA countries.
I'm sure a compromise could be reached. You're a reasonable guy. :lol:
What about:
ExCo = all past winners + one from each Confed
Rotation = Europe - Africa - CONCACAF - Europe - Sth America - Asia/Oceania
(ie Europe 1 in 3, all others 1 in 6)
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

GeorgeB
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by GeorgeB »

Napoli wrote:I recon Platini is more shaddy than Blatter. Didnt he vote for Qatar? Also, who would trust the Saudi's to do a bettre job than Blatter? Who is this Prince guy and what has he done?
Born in 1975, Prince Ali is the son of Jordan’s late King Hussein and the younger brother of its current King Abdullah. Like many royals from the Middle East, he attended Britain’s Sandhurst Military Academy before Princeton. In 2004, he married a former CNN correspondent, Rym Brahimi, and the couple has two children. He has served as president of Jordan’s Football Association for 16 years, and for the past four years has been one of FIFA’s seven Vice Presidents; two other FIFA veeps were among those arrested Wednesday. He has also been a member of FIFA’s executive committee for the past four years, although he says he will abandon that position if Blatter is elected a fifth term.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

otto62 wrote: I'm sure a compromise could be reached. You're a reasonable guy. :lol:
What about:
ExCo = all past winners + one from each Confed
Rotation = Europe - Africa - CONCACAF - Europe - Sth America - Asia/Oceania
(ie Europe 1 in 3, all others 1 in 6)
That sounds like a fair compromise. I assume you won't agree to my solution that England gave the game to the world so we should run it.
Last edited by God is an Englishman on Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.