Toons Mike Williamson accused of red card intent

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Stich This
Squad Player
Squad Player

Toons Mike Williamson accused of red card intent

Post by Stich This »

Serious allegation by his manager that he deliberately got a red card.
Pretty sure the betting agencies would be loOking for
unusual activity on the red card markets for that game after those comments.
Usually Pays around $4

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Toons Mike Williamson accused of red card intent

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

Carver said that he knew it was coming and said to himself just before the foul "don't do it". Most coaches and players for that matter have a moment in their career where they get to see this kind of thing happen before it does. You watch the way the ball is going and se a player chasing down another and cringe. I don't think it's a betting scandal anymore than it is simply frustation, Williamson is not a bad defender.

I have seen many players make this kind of challenge week in week out on a smaller scale, Roy Keane made a career out of it.

That being said, given Newcastles current situation I think it's a stupid thing to do. He is a pro footballer and should know better.
HA'WAY THE LADS

Stich This
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Toons Mike Williamson accused of red card intent

Post by Stich This »

Outlaw 2.0 wrote:Carver said that he knew it was coming and said to himself just before the foul "don't do it". Most coaches and players for that matter have a moment in their career where they get to see this kind of thing happen before it does. You watch the way the ball is going and se a player chasing down another and cringe. I don't think it's a betting scandal anymore than it is simply frustation, Williamson is not a bad defender.

I have seen many players make this kind of challenge week in week out on a smaller scale, Roy Keane made a career out of it.

That being said, given Newcastles current situation I think it's a stupid thing to do. He is a pro footballer and should know better.
I think you're absolutely right.
But the betting agencies would have still
had a bit of a look, after the comments made.