Now here's how a club should be run

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Now here's how a club should be run

Post by Old Master »

Fleetwood Town and Uzbekistan side Lokomotiv Tashkent in link-up

League One side Fleetwood Town have announced a partnership with Uzbekistan club Lokomotiv Tashkent.

The two clubs will develop commercial opportunities and the Cod Army are expected to go on a pre-season tour to Uzbekistan in 2016.

The deal also includes sharing of on and off-field knowledge.

"I see them as a role model in the UK football as they've developed from the very bottom up," said Lokomotiv's marketing manager Davron Azizov.

Tashkent fans to 'support' Fleetwood

He told BBC Radio Lancashire: "We started in the second league and we're succeeding in the Premier League of Uzbekistan and playing in the Champions League.

"In the future we want to put all efforts together to develop a good partnership base on youth development."

Fleetwood were playing in the ninth tier of English football as recently as 2005, but helped by the financial input of chairman Andy Pilley, they were promoted to League One last season.

The Lancashire side are planning to include an international academy in their new training facility, where young players from Uzbekistan and Central Asia can come and train.

The British Ambassador in Uzbekistan, George Edgar, will host Fleetwood representatives when they visit the country on their tour.

Who are Lokomotiv Tashkent?

Founded in 2002

Twice runner-up in the top flight Uzbek Premier League

Play at the 8,000 capacity Lokomotiv Stadium

Won the Uzbekistan Cup for the first time in 2014

The Oyston family should learn from this example on their own doorstep! OM :oops:
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Now here's how a club should be run

Post by God is an Englishman »

can you explain what it is they are doing that is so fantastic?

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

God is an Englishman wrote:can you explain what it is they are doing that is so fantastic?

Seeking to improve themselves on and off the field and actually investing in the club's future, unlike their neighbours Blackpool.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:can you explain what it is they are doing that is so fantastic?

Seeking to improve themselves on and off the field and actually investing in the club's future, unlike their neighbours Blackpool.
I wouldn't want my club looking to invest in the future of uzbekistanis. I would rather them go out into the community of South London and get some good local lads, which we will see a lot of in Millwall shirts next season like Sid Nelson.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Old Master wrote:

I wouldn't want my club looking to invest in the future of uzbekistanis. I would rather them go out into the community of South London and get some good local lads, which we will see a lot of in Millwall shirts next season like Sid Nelson.

The problem there is that most of the kids in the areas you speak of are probably zonked out on drugs.

Can't blame them living in those areas - it's bad enough to make a Saint take Ice! :lol:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:The problem there is that most of the kids in the areas you speak of are probably zonked out on drugs.

Can't blame them living in those areas - it's bad enough to make a Saint take Ice! :lol:
No you're right the kids from uzbekistan are in a much better situation. That said, can you imagine leavinng uzbekistan and ending up in blackpool. Poor kids wouldn't know what hit them.

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

Old Master wrote:The problem there is that most of the kids in the areas you speak of are probably zonked out on drugs.

No you're right the kids from uzbekistan are in a much better situation. That said, can you imagine leavinng uzbekistan and ending up in blackpool. Poor kids wouldn't know what hit them.
Or even worse, Leeds.
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Mackem Lad wrote:

Or even worse, Leeds.

They wouldn't even notice the difference in Blackpool but would think they'd gone to Pakistan if they ended up in Leeds.

Still that's better than landing in London, they'd think they'd been sent to Hell! :lol:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Mackem Lad wrote:

Or even worse, Leeds.

They wouldn't even notice the difference in Blackpool but would think they'd gone to Pakistan if they ended up in Leeds.

Still that's better than landing in London, they'd think they'd been sent to Hell! :lol:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote: They wouldn't even notice the difference in Blackpool but would think they'd gone to Pakistan if they ended up in Leeds.

I'm starting to think you've never even been to blackpool

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Old Master wrote: They wouldn't even notice the difference in Blackpool but would think they'd gone to Pakistan if they ended up in Leeds.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I'd a 'Sandgrownun' Born & Bred.

Sand is in my DNA. :lol:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble but I'd a 'Sandgrownun' Born & Bred.

Sand is in my DNA. :lol:

I'm not convinced

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Sorry to burst your bubble but I'm a 'Sandgrownun' Born & Bred.

Sand is in my DNA. :lol:[/quote]

I'm not convinced[/quote]

And I don't care what you think.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Vanishing Spray
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Vanishing Spray »

I don't think he cares either. The rest is just details
Sorry about the avatar, it pretty much vanished as soon as I created it.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Vanishing Spray wrote:I don't think he cares either. The rest is just details

GIAE just likes to annoy people by constantly picking and picking and picking. :oops:

I feel sorry for his wife/partner if he has one. :wink:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:

GIAE just likes to annoy people by constantly picking and picking and picking. :oops:

I feel sorry for his wife/partner if he has one. :wink:

I just feel that if you"re comparing blackpool positively compared to London then you've not been to one of them. Seeing as blackpool is one of the biggest northern cabernet holes that I've been to, I assume it must be blackpool you've not been to. A town whose sole purpose is a place for northerners to got o for a weekend, get pissed and fight. The blokes are just as bad as well.

Maybe it's nicer in winter but I doubt it.

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

This thread is funny.

It's like 2 flies arguing over a piece of cabernet and which part is more cabernet.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Adolf Hĭtler
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Adolf Hĭtler »

Taking an interest in flies flying around a peice of cabernet says more than enough about you.
I am nobody
Nobody is perfect
Therefore I am perfect.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Black_Panther wrote:This thread is funny.

It's like 2 flies arguing over a piece of cabernet and which part is more cabernet.
My bit is defitinely less cabernet

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Old Master wrote:
I just feel that if you"re comparing blackpool positively compared to London then you've not been to one of them. Seeing as blackpool is one of the biggest northern cabernet holes that I've been to, I assume it must be blackpool you've not been to. A town whose sole purpose is a place for northerners to got o for a weekend, get pissed and fight. The blokes are just as bad as well.

Maybe it's nicer in winter but I doubt it.

I must admit Blackpool is a sh1thole these days given what I saw on the TV program 'What's your Emergency?' last year.

I didn't recognise any of the places they featured, apart from the Tower, and the place looked totally run down and full of drug addled morons.

When I left in 1974 it was starting to decline and my late parents kept me up to date, up until 10 years ago, with how it was getting to be a place no longer safe to live.

When my son went there for trials 20 years ago he said that there were druggies on almost every street corner and knife fights in the pubs nearly every night.

So in a way I'm defending the Blackpool I grew up in that was a great place to be kid and play Football.

I am also probably comparing that image to the London areas I saw when playing Football down there as a youngster and there were slums everywhere.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Slums everywhere? Of course London has some bad spots. Then again it also has Greenwich, Chelsea, Kensington, Islington, Millwall....

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

God is an Englishman wrote:Slums everywhere? Of course London has some bad spots. Then again it also has Greenwich, Chelsea, Kensington, Islington, Millwall....

As I said, the areas I saw whilst playing football down there.

Later I also saw some other places that were much better but I only seemed to play against clubs in slum like places.

I also saw some slums in many other areas of the UK but that's a story for another day.

When I left Blackpool it was starting to decline, no jobs, no hope of getting one and the "Seven Miles of Golden Sands" that I grew up on were just starting to lose their pristine condition.

That was due to the pumping of untreated sewage into the Irish sea in the late 60's by places like Liverpool and others.

It was supposed to be taken away by by tidal forces but only managed to move the same turds up and down the sea until it landed on the beaches of Blackpool and Morecombe.

Those once beautiful beaches are now brown and stinking sh1t dumps.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details