DOWN right shameful, former heroes react to Pool’s relegatio

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

DOWN right shameful, former heroes react to Pool’s relegatio

Post by Old Master »

DOWN right shameful, former heroes react to Pool’s relegation

William Watt william.watt@blackpoolgazette.co.uk 09:20Tuesday 07 April 2015

Fans today labelled Blackpool FC’s relegation from the Championship “shameful” – as former Bloomfield Road greats accused the club of “being without leadership”.

And many have joined the growing calls for under-fire chairman Karl Oyston to quit.

Rotherham’s 1-0 win over Brighton yesterday confirmed rock-bottom Pool’s fall into League One with a month of the season still to go.

Fans described the situation as “an all-time low for our once proud club”.

Former players – heroes of Pool’s promotion to the Premier League less than five years ago – joined the condemnation from the terraces.

Keith Southern is demanding Oyston does everything he can do turn the club around or step down as chairman.

The midfielder, who spent 10 years at the club and played in every division for the Seasiders, says he is devastated to see Pool become what he’s described as “a laughing stock”.

The 33-year-old said: “Karl needs to be honest with himself and most importantly with the fans.

“He needs to ask himself if he’s now going to do everything in his power to get this fantastic club back up the leagues.

“If not, then maybe it’s time to step aside. The fans deserve to know how the club has descended into a laughing stock

“Blackpool appear to be without leadership, direction, structure and proper investment. Where does it go from here? Unless things change, it’s only going one way and that’s down again.”

Southern made more than 350 appearances for Blackpool between 2002 and 2012 and is fondly remembered by the club’s supporters.

And yesterday’s relegation has hit him harder than most.

He added: “I’m absolutely devastated. I had 10 fantastic years at Blackpool and it’s a club which remains close to my heart.

“I had some of the most amazing experiences a footballer could ever experience.

“Relegation has been on the cards for a while now but it hadn’t hit home until it was confirmed.

“The club and the people involved need to stand up and explain to the fans the truth about what’s gone wrong in the last 18 months or so.”

Ian Evatt described Blackpool’s relegation to League One as a “travesty” as former players lined-up to express their disappointment.

“I’m absolutely gutted to see Blackpool relegated. The fans don’t deserve that,” said the centre-half, who spent six years at Bloomfield Road.

“All the hard work the previous players and staff put in has gone to waste. It’s a travesty.”

Blackpool face Reading this evening 19 points adrift in the relegation zone with just six games to play.

And former skipper Charlie Adam, who led the side to promotion to the Premier League in 2010, said: “It’s sad to hear of Blackpool’s relegation. It’s a special club with unbelievable supporters.

“I know Blackpool will be back and hopefully it can be sooner rather than later.”

Many feel the club’s promotion to the top flight under Ian Holloway in 2010 has been wasted, including Ben Burgess.

The striker, another part of Holloway’s famous side, said Pool had wasted the last nine years.

He said: “I’m gutted Blackpool are back in League One after all the hard work so many people put in to get them where we were.

“Blackpool are now right back where they were nine years ago, when I first joined the club.

“I feel like a tremendous opportunity to build an infrastructure for the future of the club has been wasted.

“I just hope the fans get the club they deserve back.”

Gary Taylor-Fletcher, who scored in the 2010 play-off final, echoed the feelings of his former team mates. “I’m absolutely gutted,” he said.

“The times we had at Blackpool can never be taken away from us, but I feel like there’s nothing to show for our hard work.

“We were a special group who had a special relationship on and off the field, and with the supporters.”

Tamworth boss Andy Morrell, who played 78 between 2006-08 and helped the club win promotion to the Championship, talked about what it will take to put things right.

“It’s gut wrenching to see Blackpool relegated back to League One,” he said.

“The club have paid heavily for not investing in the training ground and the structure of the club when it was promoted to the Premier League.

“I’m sure Blackpool will bounce back, but it will take time, money...and the fans.”

Spaniard Angel Martinez played 64 times in three years at Bloomfield Road and described news of the relegation as “like ripping a piece of my heart”.

The popular midfielder said: “The people of Blackpool opened their doors to me and made me feel like I was on the beach of my home town in Spain.

“My daughter Lola was born in the town and it’s a place and club I’ll always have strong feelings for.

“To see them relegated out of the Championship is like ripping a piece of my heart.

“It’s a sad day for those who love Blackpool,me included. We all have to forget this season and think about how to build a new dream.”
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: DOWN right shameful, former heroes react to Pool’s releg

Post by God is an Englishman »

Interesting to see Millwall's previous manager and one of our current squad mentioned in there, both of which are bottle of shiraz useless.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

God is an Englishman wrote:Interesting to see Millwall's previous manager and one of our current squad mentioned in there, both of which are bottle of shiraz useless.

They were part of a "Footballing Perfect Storm" that only happens very rarely for smaller clubs.

Unfortunately for Blackpool the owners then pocketed the 'Parachute" money and spent none on improving the players stockks or on a decent Training Ground.

They are still using the same run down patch of dirt they used back when I was a kid 50 odd years ago and it was crap then.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Pool’s training ground quick-fix

William Watt william.watt@blackpoolgazette.co.uk
08:51Friday 10 April 2015

Blackpool are set to finally upgrade their training facilities – but only in the short term.

The club’s Squires Gate training ground has long been the talk of players and managers alike at Bloomfield Road, with Ian Holloway once describing the facility as a ‘hellhole’.

Manager Lee Clark has told The Gazette work is set to begin on demolishing the current training ground and replacing it with a new structure, although it’s understood these will be temporary buildings rather than the previously promised total rebuild.

“As we speak we are in the process of upgrading the facilities at Squires Gate,” said Clark.

“That’s crucial to what I’m trying to do as I need to create an environment at the football club where the players don’t want to leave the training base.

“We want to be able to use our training ground morning and afternoon.

“The existing buildings will be getting demolished and we’ll be replacing them with new buildings.

“Eventually those will be able to be moved to the new training facility.”

Only yesterday former Blackpool and England international Trevor Sinclair 
described the training ground as a ‘disgrace’ and the facilities have long been a point of ridicule for the club.

Over the years there have been plenty of promised refurbishments, with chairman Karl Oyston claiming almost exactly a year ago, “A new training ground will 
absolutely happen.

“I’ll deliver it as soon as I possibly can.”

Long-term plans for the complex remain in place, and Clark was quick to point out just how important a proper training complex is for the club.

He said: “It’s crucial to us. We are only at the stadium once every two weeks really, we spend all our time at the training ground.

“If you want to improve as a team and a club you can only do it at the training ground.

“We will have a good gym down there and other things.

“It’s so vital to what we want to do here.

“If you look at all the successful teams around, their work is done on the training ground.

“Yes they have good players but they have the facilities too.”

Clark’s keen on changing a number of things on and off the field, including bringing the club’s youth academy back to work alongside the first team.

The youth set-up was moved away from Squires Gate two years ago but Clark is keen on them returning.

He said: “We’ve seen this season how many players have 
broken through from the youth set-up so it’s important we have them around us.”

I'll believe it when I see it! :P :P :P

How can they call it a "Complex" when it's just a couple of semi-derelict buildings with a few benches and a couple of wobbly tables in it?
There are no showers and just a couple of cracked urinals and one usable toilet, with no lock, and a leaking sink?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Ned
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ned »

That patch of dirt got them in the premier league.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Ned wrote:That patch of dirt got them in the premier league.

No it didn't, Holloway refused to train on it and used a private school's pitches to train on instead.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Another example of a Club in turmoil: OM

Andrea Orlandi has revealed that keeper Joe Lewis was forced to wear an autographed shirt in a Championship match.

The Spanish midfielder disclosed another embarrassing episode for Blackpool in his weekly column.

Orlandi wrote that Pool, who currently have no kitman, were short of goalkeeper shirts for last Tuesday’s home clash with Reading.

It left Lewis with no option but to start the game in the top he had autographed for presentation to a club sponsor that night.

Orlandi explained: “When Joe tried to get another one he was told there were none left.

“It was funny because he tried to put a plaster over the writing to cover it, and it looked even more funny.

“However, things like that – details without apparent importance – make a difference in a club. A small thing? Probably, but still not normal for a Championship club.”

Another shirt was found for Lewis to change into for the second half.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

I wouldn't go and bother watching them for free if they played at Hindmarsh.
Time for some righteous indignation

Mønder
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Mønder »

:lol:

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Blackpool libel case: Fans raise £20,000 to pay damages bill

21 April 2015

Mr Knight said he was overcome at the support he received

Football fans from around the UK have raised the £20,000 needed by a Blackpool supporter who was sued by the club's owners for libel.

Frank Knight, 67, also published an apology to Owen Oyston and his son Karl after posting allegations concerning them and the club on his Facebook page.

Fans have responded by raising £20,915 on a crowd-funding website to help him.

The Frank Knight campaign is keeping the fund open to help other fans sued by the Oystons and Blackpool FC.

Supporters of clubs including Liverpool and Middlesbrough, as well as non-league teams such as FC United and Stockport County, have contributed to the fund.

The appeal was also backed by tweets from Countdown presenter Rachel Riley and comedian Russell Brand.
'Obscene amount'

Fan Joe Atherton, who set up the page, said: "He's 67 years old, he's retired, a pensioner and doesn't have any source of income.

"Even for somebody who was working, £20,000 is a hell of a lot of money, so it will make a huge amount of difference to him."

He added: "I'm not condoning what Frank has said or done. If people put allegations on social media that are found to be factually incorrect, there has to be repercussions.

"But I think that the punishment just didn't fit the crime whatsoever, I thought £20,000 was an absolutely obscene amount of money."

Mr Knight said on his Facebook page: "I cannot comment upon the legal complaint for legal reasons, however I would just like to extend my heartfelt thanks to Joe Atherton and to everyone for their messages of support and donations. I am truly humbled."

Russell Brand and Rachel Riley tweeted support for the campaign

The relegated Championship club said in a statement on Tuesday that they had "reluctantly" taken legal action and revealed there are several cases still pending.

It read: "Reluctantly, the company has been compelled to take action against a number of individuals and organisations following online postings or articles that contained vile lies and abuse about the club, its directors and players. To date, three settlements have been agreed with several further cases pending against other individuals and a national newspaper.

"Any payments from court or agreed settlements will be anonymously distributed to Fylde and North West based charities. The rationale of this policy is to avoid the adverse reaction towards such charities that accept the donations, as was the case when the club donated the first settlement to a leading, vibrant and forward thinking charity in Blackpool, Fylde and Wyre.

"The latest settlement of £20,000 will be paid over four years in equal instalments, with the charities set to benefit as and when the money is received by the club.

"For the avoidance of doubt, the club, directors, management staff and players would far prefer not to take any defamation action against any individual or organisation, but must continue to take action where necessary to combat the false, misleading stories and lies that are being perpetuated."

Club chairman Karl Oyston is being investigated by the Football Association over abusive texts sent to a Blackpool supporter.

Blackpool supporters have been involved in demonstrations, match boycotts and social media campaigns over the way the club has been run.

I hope the FA fine the Oystons double the fans total fines and gives it to the fans sued by the club.
It's the very Least the Oystons deserve for the way they have run the club and treated the supporters. OM

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Blackpool Stan Mortensen statue removal angers fans

29 April 2015 From the section Lancashire

Do the FA yet get the message that the Oystons are not fit and proper people to own a Football Club? OM

Fans say the timing of the Stan Mortensen statue's disappearance is "coincidental"

Blackpool fans have called on the club owners to restore a statue of legendary ex-player Stan Mortensen they claim was removed before a demonstration.

Fans' groups planned to lay memorabilia at the statue outside the ground on Saturday but have alleged it was taken down to thwart the action.

Demo organisers also said the club would take legal action to stop fans gaining access to the statue.

Nobody from Blackpool FC or its owners the Oystons was available for comment.

A demonstration against the way the Oyston family run the club is due to take place before the last game of the season on Saturday. This could see the already-relegated team finish with the least number of points recorded in the Championship.

Fans group the Tangerine Knights said it had a witness who saw men in high-visibility jackets removing the statue on Tuesday.

'Club icon'

"To remove the statue of someone so beloved by the fans of the club that they themselves helped pay for, is beyond contempt," said a joint statement by the Tangerine Knights and the Blackpool Supporters Trust.

"Stan Mortensen is a hero to tens of thousands, most of whom never saw him play, he is an icon of all that is good about BFC and the community to which it belongs."

Stan Mortensen scored a hat-trick when Blackpool won the FA Cup in 1953. (Still the only man to do so I believe. OM)

The Tangerine Knights said the police told the group the club would take legal action against anyone trying to place memorabilia at the statue.

"We are sure that the club will have some legitimate reason for the removal, however the timing is very coincidental," said the group.

Christine Seddon, of the Blackpool Supporters Trust, said: "I can't say I'm surprised, we don't know why it has gone but I suspect it has something to do with our demonstration."

The statue was placed outside the ground in 2005 as a tribute to the Seasiders' centre forward who scored a hat-trick in the team's famous 1953 FA Cup Final victory. Fans raised part of the funds.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

James Corden and Russell Brand are the latest famous faces to back Blackpool supporters in their protests against Karl Oyston.

The Seasiders chairman is under fire after one of the worst seasons in the club’s history left Pool rock-bottom of the Championship.

Ahead of Saturday’s final game at home to Huddersfield, fans group Tangerine Knights have turned to ‘Twitter bombing’ a host of big names.

This social media phenomenon involves directing a large number of simultaneous tweets at chosen celebrities in the hope of gaining their attention and support.

It worked with Brand and Corden, who jumped on board to back the ‘Oyston Out’ campaign.

Corden, now a TV star on both sides of the Atlantic, tweeted “I’m with you Blackpool FC” along with an ‘Oyston Out’ image to his five million worldwide followers.

Comedian Brand, who has 9.4m Twitter followers, tweeted: “Blackpool fans, what’s going on at your club? How can I help?”

Others famous faces to have added their support include Countdown’s Rachel Riley, QPR midfielder Joey Barton, comic Jason Manford, actor Michael Sheen and Peter Hooton, lead singer of The Farm, whose anthem All Together Now is played at every Bloomfield Road match.

The campaign is building up to planned protest at this weekend’s match, jointly organised by the Tangerine Knights and the Blackpool Supporters Trust.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

8/12 posts should tell you no-one here cares about Blackpool.

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

There's no similar outrage over Millwall being relegated. :lol:
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

otto62 wrote:There's no similar outrage over Millwall being relegated. :lol:
outrage isn't going to change it. Millwall have also fixed the issue that caused it and ended the season with some decent form. Too late though.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Slinky_Pete wrote:8/12 posts should tell you no-one here cares about Blackpool.

So why did you bother to make a comment? :oops:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Adolf Hĭtler
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Adolf Hĭtler »

Reminds me of that Serbian football thread. :lol:
I am nobody
Nobody is perfect
Therefore I am perfect.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:

to educate you perhaps

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Old Master wrote:

to educate you perhaps
I know there aren't many Blackpool supporters in SA and consequently on this forum but I feel they need to know there are clubs outside of the EPL and London.

I only know of five other people from Blackpool in SA as it is strangely enough a hard place to leave.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:I know there aren't many Blackpool supporters in SA and consequently on this forum but I feel they need to know there are clubs outside of the EPL and London.

I only know of five other people from Blackpool in SA as it is strangely enough a hard place to leave.
Take a walk down to the M55 on a Sunday afternoon in summer - they're leaving by the tens of thousands.

Blackpool is just one in a long list of northern shitholes

Mad_Max
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mad_Max »

With fans like that they deserve everything they get :P
Now, if you're lucky, you could hack through your ankle in five minutes.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Old Master wrote:I know there aren't many Blackpool supporters in SA and consequently on this forum but I feel they need to know there are clubs outside of the EPL and London.

Take a walk down to the M55 on a Sunday afternoon in summer - they're leaving by the tens of thousands.

Blackpool is just one in a long list of northern shitholes

I think you'll find that most of motorists are from London slums going home after visiting the seaside for some fresh, non-toxic Southern air. :lol:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Mad_Max wrote:With fans like that they deserve everything they get :P

Those fed-up fans caused the match against Huddersfield to be abandoned, even a bloke on a disability scooter gets involved - it was quite a funny sight.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Mad_Max
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mad_Max »

Old Master wrote:

Those fed-up fans caused the match against Huddersfield to be abandoned, even a bloke on a disability scooter gets involved - it was quite a funny sight.
I'm sure the travelling Huddersfield fans saw the funny side of it.

Even funnier would be a six point deduction next season for the club failing to control the rabble you call fans.

You might even call their behaviour shameful.
Last edited by Mad_Max on Wed May 06, 2015 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now, if you're lucky, you could hack through your ankle in five minutes.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:

Pitch invasions, match abandoned - HYSTERICAL!

You'd be shouting from the rooftops about how we're all scum if that had been at Millwall.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Old Master wrote:

Pitch invasions, match abandoned - HYSTERICAL!

You'd be shouting from the rooftops about how we're all scum if that had been at Millwall.

We learnt from the best! :lol:

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

‘There is civil war at this club – now the Oystons must leave...’

10:41Monday 04 May 2015

‘It is time to go.’

That is the emphatic verdict of furious Blackpool FC fans to the Oyston family as the curtain fell on a season of shame at Bloomfield Road.

Mounting anger aimed at the club’s directors culminated in the final match of a dismal season being called off after hundreds of supporters swarmed on to the pitch and refused to leave.

And fans today said there was “civil war” at Bloomfield Road as calls for the Oystons to step down amid a season of catastrophic publicity reached fever pitch.

Despite the club issuing a statement saying it would be reviewing CCTV and taking action against those responsible for Saturday’s pitch invasion, police last night confirmed no arrests were made.

Lancashire Police said it was satisfied with the way the “peaceful” protest, which halted the club’s final league game against Huddersfield Town after 48 minutes, was carried out it is not currently investigating.

A statement from the Tangerine Knights, the fans’ group behind a pre-match protest outside the ground, said: “It is quite clear to the Tangerine Knights and all Blackpool fans that Karl Oyston has lost control of Blackpool FC – our football club.

“We now call on the football authorities to take action, not against those fans who, after a season of utter insanity and a chairman who openly laughs at his own fanbase, chose civil disobedience as one course of protest about the destruction of the club, but against the Oyston family.

“There is a civil war at Bloomfield Road and the only way for it to end is for the Oyston family to relinquish control of our club, and leave.”

Many supporters were also quick to praise the demonstrations – inside and outside the ground – saying chairman Karl Oyston cannot ignore the strength of feeling among them.

The club will work with the relevant authorities to take appropriate action against all those responsible for disorder offences inside the stadium
Blackpool FC

Christine Seddon, spokesman for the Blackpool Supporters Trust, said the march outside the ground, which the group helped organise, was “better than we hoped for”.

She added: “Although the pitch invasion wasn’t organised by us – it was individuals who decided to do it – I think we all feel that as fans we’ve become so incredibly frustrated that nobody is listening to us and eventually it comes to a point where enough is enough.

“I could not find a single person criticising the people on the pitch and I think that explains where we are as a group. The way the police handled it was just right.”

She said she hoped not only the club, but also the Football Association, would take notice of the strength of feeling among fans.
Blackpool fans stage a protest and pitch invasion against the running of the club by owner Owen Oyston

She added: “The FA need to take a long hard look at themselves and why this has come about. I feel they are culpable.

“But the club is the Oystons’ to sell and we can’t force that issue apart from not giving them more money.

“We have to cut off their oxygen – and that is revenue.”

Fan, Peter Gillatt, 53, added: “I think the protest groups have done a marvellous job organising this and the police have allowed people to go out and protest.

“It was brilliant – at the end of the season we’ve sent out the loudest message possible.

“We are not going to tolerate this any more.”
Supporters protest outside Bloomfield Road before the match

Supporters who have faithfully followed the Seasiders for more than 50 years found themselves looking forward to a protest more than the match.

Fans cheered when they heard the announcement their final game of the season had been abandoned after just 48 minutes because of the pitch invasion.

Around 300 people piled onto the pitch – including one man riding a mobility scooter – shortly after the start of the second half of Saturday’s home fixture against Huddersfield Town.

Chanting towards the directors’ box, holding banners and smoke bombs, fans occupied the centre circle as the teams were taken off.

With police allowing the supporters to protest peacefully, those in the stands faced a wait of almost an hour before the referee finally called off the game.

But after a shambolic season that ended with Pool rock bottom of the Championship, fans praised the protest as a victory.

Bill Markham, 57, of North Shore, said: “I have been coming for almost 50 years now – I came as a six-year-old boy.

“This year, I have just had enough. I go to away games but not to any home matches.

“I think the people of Blackpool have had enough. It shows in the turnout.

“If the Oyston family doesn’t want to support the club properly, I’m afraid it’s time to go.”

Mr Markham added the club’s sudden fall from grace after reaching the Premier League in 2010 made the current situation all the more frustrating.

“Four years ago you couldn’t get into a pub in Blackpool for all the supporters who couldn’t get into the ground,” he said.

“It just brought the community together.

“Now it is stagnating into a situation where we are the laughing stock of the Football League. For me, wanting Blackpool to lose, it’s ridiculous. I never thought I would find myself in this position.”

Despite several flares being lit inside the ground and a number a fans invading the seating area outside the directors’ box, police remained passive throughout Saturday’s demonstration.

A large number of officers were present and a police helicopter hovered above the stadium after supporters moved outside but no arrests were made.

Huddersfield Town chief executive Nigel Clibbens said: “After the protest, when the abandonment came we were ushered into the boardroom and locked in as a precaution as home supporters looked to storm towards the boardroom. This was disconcerting.”

Insp Kevin Otter, of Lancashire Police, said: “It was a peaceful protest on the pitch.

“There was low level policing and no arrests were made during or after the match. It was an outpouring of feeling by the fans and no complaints were made by the club.”

The demonstration inside the ground followed a march, organised by supporters’ group the Tangerine Knights, and a vocal protest outside the ground.

Around 2,000 took part, including a number of Huddersfield fans who wanted to support the cause.

One group dressed in blue and white could be heard starting a chant of “Oyston out” just minutes before the game kicked off.

Supporter Adam Valentine, 23, of Bispham, said: “Just by the sheer number of people, you can tell how the fans feel.

“The Oystons should sell up and leave.”

He said the family had burned all their bridges with fans and any hopes of repairing their fractured relationship were long gone.

“It’s gone far beyond that,” he added. “This is the final straw. Taking the statue down, on a day like this, it feels like they are taking the mickey out of the fans.”

The famous statue of Stan Mortensen, Pool’s hat-trick hero in the 1953 FA Cup final, was conspicuously absent on Saturday after being taken down by the club for “safety reasons”.

One fan placed a cardboard cut-out of the statue on the empty plinth before kick-off, while other fans left shirts and scarves.

Colin Smith, of South Shore, called for more protests until there is real change at the club.

He said: “The pressure has got to stay. We want the Oystons to go, today.”

Pete Stinger said the pitch invasion was about the fans making a statement but he is not convinced the Oystons will listen. He said: “I don’t think he (Karl Oyston) is going to go.

“He’s up there laughing. He’s not interested and it’s a shame. But we have come here and got a result.”

Asked what his message to the club’s directors would be, he said: “It’s time to go. It’s as easy as that.”

Emma Nelson, 39, said the current plight of the club was “heartbreaking”, adding: “I feel like crying.”

Gary Wills, 54, said: “It will not alter until we get rid of the Oystons.”

A statement from Blackpool FC, issued after match, said: “The club would like to confirm that all available CCTV footage is now being collated and studied by the relevant authorities to identify those who took part in the pitch invasion and other offences of disorder.

“The club will work with the relevant authorities to take appropriate action against all those responsible for disorder offences inside the stadium.

“The club will also co-operate fully with The Football Association and The Football League in light of any investigations that follow on from the match being abandoned.

“The club would like to place on record its gratitude to the ground safety officer, stewards and police for their efforts today, as the operation managed to successfully avoid any injuries to those in attendance at the stadium.

“The club would like to offer its sincere apologies to Huddersfield Town Football Club, its supporters, manager, players and directors, as well as the Blackpool supporters who remained in the stands.”

What fans are saying online...

Can you believe the club is going to pursue the demonstrators when they have viewed the CCTV? Did you not hear the supporters in the stands applauding them? The supporters applauding are not yobbish troublemakers they are decent people.

Look Around

Whether you believe the demo was justified or not, the old saying “ you reap what you sow” is very appropriate under the circumstances.

Southernman

Will it make a jot of difference or will it be a reason for the fans to suffer even more in the future? Credit to the Huddersfield fans for remaining generally calm and patient. I hope they can claim a refund for their match ticket as they were unwitting onlookers.

Suddickscores

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Old Master wrote:We learnt from the best! :lol:
who's that then? don't think we've had a match abandoned due to our supporters in my lifetime. You have to accept that your fans are scum.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

No, the fans are not scum it's the Child Molesting ownwer and his son who are the scum.

They 'redirected' the 90 million pounds parachute money into their numerous other businesses and failed to invest any of it into the club.

The fans who invaded the pitch are loyal supporters who have supported the club through the ups and downs of the last decade and finally lost their patience with the club's owners and their intransigence.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Pitch invasion causing a game to be abandoned - scum

Child molesting?