Liverpool tour issues

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Stich This
Squad Player
Squad Player

Liverpool tour issues

Post by Stich This »

Heard at todays wa- metro game a rumour that investigations are about to take place regarding
Liverpools visit to Australia. Some promotional aspects and deals are being put under microscope.
Wide- ranging involvement including locals apparently to be questioned.
The guy telling me is usually on the money, but he did say its only second- hand info so he himself
has his doubts.
Has anyone else heard similar?

Mad_Max
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: Liverpool tour issues

Post by Mad_Max »

kevinkeegan wrote:Heard at todays wa- metro game a rumour that investigations are about to take place regarding
Liverpools visit to Australia. Some promotional aspects and deals are being put under microscope.
The guy telling me is usually on the money, but he did say its only second- hand info so he himself
has his doubts.
Would this be the same bitter individual continually bagging the Government and the FFSA despite the help they have given to his club?
Now, if you're lucky, you could hack through your ankle in five minutes.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

kevinkeegan wrote:Heard at todays wa- metro game a rumour that investigations are about to take place regarding
has his doubts.
I haven't heard anything.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Relatives & friends keep wondering if spare tickets might come up for the Adelaide Oval game 'tween A.U. and Liverpool.

It's very much a long shot, but would it be feasibly out of the question to open up more seats to the game by placing say, kids in the quadrants behind each goal and each mid-pitch sidelines? Those areas between the OVAL-shaped perimeter and the advertising hoardings that will be placed in a rectangular shape around the soccer-football pitch.

Bunnings chairs could be placed on those expanses of grass in those quadrants, staggered with a space between each chair so that people in the next row behind would have more of a view. Tall kids in the back rows, shorter youngsters in the front rows. Parents/Guardians of those kids could view the game on the giant Plaza screens at the southern side of the Oval near Memorial Drive and collect their kids after the game.

Imagine the goodwill publicity for the game if this gesture to young fans to experience that special atmosphere was to come to pass. And it would surely set a total attendance record for a sport at Adelaide Oval that would be unbeatable.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Great idea Con but, unfortunately, it won't happen as it would require too much effort for the SMA to organise. :cry: :oops:
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Con M wrote:Relatives & friends keep wondering if spare tickets might come up for the Adelaide Oval game 'tween A.U. and Liverpool.

It's very much a long shot, but would it be feasibly out of the question to open up more seats to the game by placing say, kids in the quadrants behind each goal and each mid-pitch sidelines? Those areas between the OVAL-shaped perimeter and the advertising hoardings that will be placed in a rectangular shape around the soccer-football pitch.

Bunnings chairs could be placed on those expanses of grass in those quadrants, staggered with a space between each chair so that people in the next row behind would have more of a view. Tall kids in the back rows, shorter youngsters in the front rows. Parents/Guardians of those kids could view the game on the giant Plaza screens at the southern side of the Oval near Memorial Drive and collect their kids after the game.

Imagine the goodwill publicity for the game if this gesture to young fans to experience that special atmosphere was to come to pass. And it would surely set a total attendance record for a sport at Adelaide Oval that would be unbeatable.
It's clear you have no idea about safety and stadium licensing do you?

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Nicky Tanner wrote:
Con M wrote:Relatives & friends keep wondering if spare tickets might come up for the Adelaide Oval game 'tween A.U. and Liverpool.

It's clear you have no idea about safety and stadium licensing do you?
I guessed some here would come up with why it can't be done rather than why it could.

Yeah, those dangerous kids on the grass would be a really big security issue, what with the rectangular-shaped advertising hoardings between them and the precious players on the pitch.

Didn't seem to be such a big security deal with Stones Concert fans on seats on the grass, did it?

And forget the licensing thing - the S.M.A. for ALL South Australians is powerful enough to overcome all that.

Try and imagine the headlines and coup - Kids accommodated and all-time record crowd set for the People's Oval! And not even for an Aussie Rules game...

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

As I said you have no idea about such matters do you. Maybe you would have liked to be involved with the AO operations meetings with LFC 2 weeks ago when such things like safety and the game day were discussed?

Ashes Whitewash
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Ashes Whitewash »

con for pm... he has the answers for everything
I'm sorry do you have a point or is this just another attempt to take to thread off topic?

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Ashes Whitewash wrote:con for pm... he has the answers for everything
and like our PM..he has NFI.

Stich This
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Stich This »

Nicky Tanner wrote:
Ashes Whitewash wrote:con for pm... he has the answers for everything
and like our PM..he has NFI.
To be fair to Con, he was just making a suggestion and did implicitly acknowledge that it may not be feasible. He was thinking outside the square, so to speak,
and it's not as ridiculous as you make it sound.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

ridiculous since you can't just add more seats willy nilly.

Stich This
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Stich This »

No need to get them in a knot.
Obviously nothing gets done willy nilly.
Is the game being played tomorrow?
You make it seem like you were the main man responsible for getting Liverpool
out here.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Since being in Australia I have realised that nothing gets done quickly, so any new license would take a thousand meetings, papers and laws to be passed.

Yep I got them here it's all my doing and my money.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Nicky Tanner wrote:Since being in Australia I have realised that nothing gets done quickly, so any new license would take a thousand meetings, papers and laws to be passed.

Yep I got them here it's all my doing and my money.
Rubbish, it was all Koutsontonis.