Season ticket holders at Man Utd!!!

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Season ticket holders at Man Utd!!!

Post by Chaos »

http://www.espnfc.com.au/manchester-uni ... ge-tickets

Man United slammed as season ticket holders must buy Cambridge tickets

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal says facing Cambridge United in the FA Cup fourth round will be a tough mental challenge for his squad.

Manchester United have come in for renewed criticism for their season ticket policy which requires all fans to purchase tickets for the FA Cup replay against League Two Cambridge United.

United have for a number of years insisted any fan who holds a season card must buy a ticket for all home FA Cup matches, and anyone who fails to comply will have their season card suspended for a forthcoming Premier League fixture at Old Trafford.

Cambridge make the trip to face United on Tuesday in the replay of their fourth-round tie, but prices have not been reduced meaning all season card holders must buy a ticket costing around 50 pounds -- and anyone who fails to do so will be banned from attending the Sunderland fixture on Feb. 28.

It effectively means season card holders are being punished for the club's failure to beat a League Two team by being forced to buy tickets at top prices for a replay arranged at short notice, being played on a midweek evening.

Man United players trudge off after being held at Cambridge.

The vast majority of fans have a credit card on file, which is automatically charged with the price of the cup ticket. But any fan whose credit card has expired faces the prospect of action, unless they come forward to pay for a ticket.

On Wednesday, United sent letters and emails to all fans who had still to secure an FA Cup ticket underlining the policy. It read: "The deadline to buy your seat for Cambridge United is 8 p.m. tonight. Please note that not buying this ticket will result in your Season Ticket being suspended for the Sunderland game."

One United season card holder is quoted by the Daily Mail as saying: "I find it unbelievable that the club think they can treat loyal supporters like myself that spend thousands with them like this -- sending an email making threats and setting deadlines.

"This isn't the first time this has happened and I'm sure it won't be the last. I'm sick to death of having emails like this.

"To be honest I would be willing to miss both the Cambridge and Sunderland games as a matter of principle."

MANCHESTER UNITED LATEST

- Payne: Van Gaal is falling below expectations
- Mitten: Van Gaal's 'awful' football
- Okwonga: Three solutions for United's problems
- Patterson: RVP must earn United future
- Player Ratings: Falcao struggles again vs. Cambridge
- Rewind: When Cantona attacked a fan 
- Gareth Bale: No to United move
- Scout's Notebook: Dragovic a fit for United?

The club have always made it clear that the cup tickets are a requirement of any fan who takes up a season card. A section on their official website states that season ticket holders can opt out of Capital One Cup matches, while under 16s do not have to buy tickets for any cup game. However, opting out of a cup match affects a season ticket holder's priority on away matches.

The last line of the page states: "Failure to make payments may result in a ticket suspension, please see Terms and Conditions."

A United spokesman underlined this to the Guardian, saying: "We did notify fans that failure to pay for a game in the cup scheme would mean a suspension from the next game. We have consistently done this throughout this season.

"The terms and conditions are clear: 'In respect of each home cup match for which the ticket holder fails to provide valid payment card details or for which the ticket holder's card or payment is declined, the ticket holder's season ticket may be suspended for one home league match. This measure was introduced [two seasons ago].

"If we successfully sell the ticket the fan has failed to pay for, they can apply for a refund of the Sunderland ticket at the end of the season."

:lol: unlucky.....
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Re: Season ticket holders at Man Utd!!!

Post by ozzie owl »

Another bleed the fan base tactic by a rich club.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

So, who is actually complaining? Doesn't appear anyone, apart from the media.

They know the terms and conditions of their season ticket when they bought it.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

I've seen a few fans on Twitter upset by it.
Pretty low move. "You must pay to attend a match organised at short notice or we will take away something you've already paid for."

Is that even legal?

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

@ stucky...as GIAE stated. When they bought their ticket, the fine print most probably would have stated this. But who knows, maybe a hidden agenda by management and players to get a replay as utd missed out on millions of pounds in revenue by not being in the Champions League and needing more game at home :?
Digger, Nicky Tanner, efootball or whatever his alias may be, may also say...corruption??? :P
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Chaos wrote:@ stucky...as GIAE stated. When they bought their ticket, the fine print most probably would have stated this. But who knows, maybe a hidden agenda by management and players to get a replay as utd missed out on millions of pounds in revenue by not being in the Champions League and needing more game at home :?
Digger, Nicky Tanner, efootball or whatever his alias may be, may also say...corruption??? :P
Ok I'll take GIAE's word for it. :lol:

I understand it would probably be in the T's & Cs so people complaining about it are no smarter than the people complaining about things like charges for when you go over your data limit.
But it's still a low blow on the fans that actually attend Man Utd games. Even though they are the minority of Man Utd fans.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

A true fan would/should go to the game anyway.
Ignore this signature

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Brilliant for Cambridge.
Doesn't the away side get ~40-50% of the gate in the FA Cup?

That probably enough money to get them into League One soon.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Bomber wrote:A true fan would/should go to the game anyway.
Of course! Sorry Jimmy your dialysis treatment is going to have to wait, your old man needs to get to the football!

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

The Kop wrote:Brilliant for Cambridge.
Doesn't the away side get ~40-50% of the gate in the FA Cup?

That probably enough money to get them into League One soon.
Its one of the reasons I love the League and FA Cups.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Stuckey wrote:
Chaos wrote:@ stucky...as GIAE stated. When they bought their ticket, the fine print most probably would have stated this. But who knows, maybe a hidden agenda by management and players to get a replay as utd missed out on millions of pounds in revenue by not being in the Champions League and needing more game at home :?

I understand it would probably be in the T's & Cs so people complaining about it are no smarter than the people complaining about things like charges for when you go over your data limit.
But it's still a low blow on the fans that actually attend Man Utd games. Even though they are the minority of Man Utd fans.

You make a joke about believing me and then state I'm probably right. Classic.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Stuckey wrote:

You make a joke about believing me and then state I'm probably right. Classic.
I hoped you'd like that.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Stuckey wrote:
Of course! Sorry Jimmy your dialysis treatment is going to have to wait, your old man needs to get to the football!
Jimmy can be left in the care of his local med centre for 90 minutes or so. He will understand when dad properly teaches him of the importance of football.
Ignore this signature

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Bomber wrote:
Stuckey wrote:
Jimmy can be left in the care of his local med centre for 90 minutes or so. He will understand when dad properly teaches him of the importance of football.
Jimmy needs a kick up the muscat if he thinks he can get away with laying about a med clinic while Man Utd are playing. The club should rip up his membership.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Or he can just support his club and pay up. :)
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

If they don't like it they can always turn their backs on the club and support someone else.

Hold on, lots of them have done that already.

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

God is an Englishman wrote:If they don't like it they can always turn their backs on the club and support someone else.

Hold on, lots of them have done that already.
Ozzie has a list of suitable teams :wink:
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

pernunz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by pernunz »

A lot of complaints come from the fact it's a cup replay against league 2 opposition, who the team should have beaten in first leg, now season ticket holders are being forced to stump up cash because the team was so abject.

And, it's £50 for League 2 opposition.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

pernunz wrote:A lot of complaints come from the fact it's a cup replay against league 2 opposition, who the team should have beaten in first leg, now season ticket holders are being forced to stump up cash because the team was so abject.

Really? I paid £28 to see Arsenal play Bolton in the league cup a few seasons back.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

pernunz wrote:A lot of complaints come from the fact it's a cup replay against league 2 opposition, who the team should have beaten in first leg, now season ticket holders are being forced to stump up cash because the team was so abject.

Doesn't matter who they're playing. They're going to watch Man U play, should be irrelevant who tyre playing.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Stuckey wrote:

Really? I paid £28 to see Arsenal play Bolton in the league cup a few seasons back.
I paid £100 to watch them play In the CL a few years back.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

They have done it for years.

And this is a good read.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... rd-2592078

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Nicky Tanner wrote:They have done it for years.

And this is a good read.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... rd-2592078
So they don't understand the meaning of the word attendance in Salford.

otto62
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by otto62 »

:lol:
I'm not playing anymore and I'm taking my ball and going home.