Liverpool

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Liverpool

Post by Victoria's Secret »

haywood djablowme wrote:
totsreds08 wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:Was Klopp the genius or was it Lewandowski? sounds familiar.
Klopp obviously.
:lol: you Pool supporters are all the same
Most people on this forum are the same, there is only about 3 different people!

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

haywood djablowme wrote:
totsreds08 wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:Was Klopp the genius or was it Lewandowski? sounds familiar.
Klopp obviously.
:lol: you Pool supporters are all the same
In his first Bundesliga title win, lewandowski scored 9 goals. Barrios was the number 1 striker.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

totsreds08 wrote:
haywood djablowme wrote: :lol: you Pool supporters are all the same
In his first Bundesliga title win, lewandowski scored 9 goals. Barrios was the number 1 striker.
You sure? Wasn't Mario Gomez their top scorer?

Anyhow, the EPL is very different to the Bundesliga which, like La Liga, is essentially a two horse race.

It will be interesting to see how he gets on with the mixed bag he's been left. There's some good players and a couple of very good players, but it will be how he integrates the lesser lights that will determine how well they do.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Who are the very good players? I haven't seen them for a while.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

New name required wrote:Who are the very good players? I haven't seen them for a while.
Coutinho and Sturridge were the two I had in mind. Benteke and Firmino might not be far away.

No greats though to raise you above the ordinary.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

We are well above the champions - so we are doing OK :lol:

I think Couthino could be very good, but is over rated, he is too selfish and gives the ball away to much.

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
totsreds08 wrote:
haywood djablowme wrote: :lol: you Pool supporters are all the same

Anyhow, the EPL is very different to the Bundesliga which, like La Liga, is essentially a two horse race.

It will be interesting to see how he gets on with the mixed bag he's been left. There's some good players and a couple of very good players, but it will be how he integrates the lesser lights that will determine how well they do.
Gomez played for Bayern.
He still did well making the champions league final and winning some cups. The epl is weak at the moment and we have enough talent to finish in the top 4 considering the state of the league. We are only 3 points off 4th and 4 off 2nd.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

totsreds08 wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
totsreds08 wrote:In his first Bundesliga title win, lewandowski scored 9 goals. Barrios was the number 1 striker.

Gomez played for Bayern.
He still did well making the champions league final and winning some cups. The epl is weak at the moment and we have enough talent to finish in the top 4 considering the state of the league. We are only 3 points off 4th and 4 off 2nd.
Sorry, my bad, I meant Götze.
Danny Blanchflower

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

I think he was still quite young in that first season. Klopp certainly had a strong team but I don't see why Liverpool couldn't build a strong team. Like it's been mentioned, we've got some talent already. It won't take a whole lot.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

totsreds08 wrote:I think he was still quite young in that first season. Klopp certainly had a strong team but I don't see why Liverpool couldn't build a strong team. Like it's been mentioned, we've got some talent already. It won't take a whole lot.
I agree that the EPL, or at least the CL qualifying spots, is very open this season. Chelsea, happily, are imploding, United are inconsistent and are rubbish at the back and Arsenal, although they look fantastic going forward, are still dodgy at the back. If Sanchez misses any time, they'll be worried. Liverpool, along with Spurs and Everton, will certainly be eyeing the possibilities. I strongly doubt that Palace, West Ham and Leicester will still be there at the end, but you never know in the EPL.
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

totsreds08 wrote:I think he was still quite young in that first season. Klopp certainly had a strong team but I don't see why Liverpool couldn't build a strong team. Like it's been mentioned, we've got some talent already. It won't take a whole lot.
:lol: you all have been saying this rebuilding/strengthen dribble since the start of the Roger era.. how many more players do you need & $$ to be spent
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

I think the way Liverpool players have performed in the last couple of years they deserve to get someone like Klopp as manager.

There will be no nice cosy training sessions now and no room for players who are not willing to put everything they have into every game.

Klopp (I always think of the guy from 'Allo 'Allo - who shouts "Klomp" instead of Heil Hitler when I hear that name) is very strict and demands responses from players.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Old Master wrote:I think the way Liverpool players have performed in the last couple of years they deserve to get someone like Klopp as manager.

There will be no nice cosy training sessions now and no room for players who are not willing to put everything they have into every game.

Klopp (I always think of the guy from 'Allo 'Allo - who shouts "Klomp" instead of Heil Hitler when I hear that name) is very strict and demands responses from players.
I didn't hear you saying that in 2013/14 when they finished second, so what's different.

Suarez, that's all. Klopp will have exactly the same problem, lack of real talent.
Danny Blanchflower

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

haywood djablowme wrote:
:lol: you all have been saying this rebuilding/strengthen dribble since the start of the Roger era.. how many more players do you need & $$ to be spent
I've said we need to rebuild? Show me..

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

When do we get the first clip of klopp on the kop

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote:When do we get the first clip of klopp on the kop
You've been reading too much Sunday Sport :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by united92 »

Sky Sports over here in England broke the news about 15 mins ago. Klopp is the new Liverpool manager. http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ol-manager

mushrow
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by mushrow »

If you're happy and you know it Klopp your hands. :wink:
Dixie Dean was hailed by another Mersey legend, Liverpool’s Bill Shankly, as “belonging in the company of the supremely great, like Beethoven, Rembrandt and Shakespeare.”

60 goals, never to be equalled.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

So Klopp's the one to save the scousers eh ? a dodgy looking chav in trackies and a baseball cap. Should blend in nicely.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

if only that was your line, not one that was on the internet days ago :D

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

New name required wrote:if only that was your line, not one that was on the internet days ago :D
A not exclusive observation I would of thought, however Colin Murray on TalkSPORT radio may have helped a little

Del Boca Vista
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Del Boca Vista »

N5 1BH wrote:So Klopp's the one to save the scousers eh ? a dodgy looking chav in trackies and a baseball cap.
he was born in Stuttgart, Germany, which isn't in the UK

Del Boca Vista
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Del Boca Vista »

haywood djablowme wrote:
Rodgers was constantly building at LFC. you can't expect to lose Carragher, Gerrard, Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge and just "rebuild" a title winning side out of nowhere in 24 months. I mean, this is so obvious that I probably got trolled by you anyway, right? I hope so for your sake.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Del Boca Vista wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:So Klopp's the one to save the scousers eh ? a dodgy looking chav in trackies and a baseball cap.
Thanks for clearing that up, wondered where he got that ridiculous accent from. He should blend in nicely

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Del Boca Vista wrote:
Could you please provide us with lists of other irrelevant things that aren't in the UK?

My White Devil
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by My White Devil »

• vegemite
  • wasabi
  • totem poles
  • greece
  • llamas
John Webster was one of the best there was

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Ings gone for the season, not the best of starts for Klopp
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

God is an Englishman wrote:
Del Boca Vista wrote:
Could you please provide us with lists of other irrelevant things that aren't in the UK?
GIAE , John Dedes, Australian Cricket Team :lol: :lol: :lol:

(I am aware you asked for lists and that is one list, I can provide more if need be)

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Nice One Cyril wrote:Ings gone for the season, not the best of starts for Klopp
I'm sure he's used to losing his best strikers on a regular basis by now