Liverpool

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Liverpool

Post by Nice One Cyril »

ozzie owl wrote:TV coverage of the cup tie with WBA , picked up on Liverpool supporters heading for the exit at the start of added time.
Just don't suggest that they're missing Coutinho :wink:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:TV coverage of the cup tie with WBA , picked up on Liverpool supporters heading for the exit at the start of added time.
Just don't suggest that they're missing Coutinho :wink:
I'm still missing Suarez! :wink:
Ignore this signature

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

If Phil could play in goal I would agree we miss him.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Nicky_Tanner wrote:If Phil could play in goal I would agree we miss him.
:lol: Couldn't be worse than the two you've got.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:
we have two?

we have males wearing gloves and standing still on the goal line!

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Nicky_Tanner wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
we have two?

The Selby School of Goalkeeping :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Nicky_Tanner wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
we have two?

The Grobbelaar Effect :P
Time for some righteous indignation

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Was sad that Liverpool’s most recent humiliation was overshadowed in the media by bloody VAR. I Liked lovable millwall big mouth Danny Baker’s take on it.
What numbs a crowd is the idea that THEY aren’t the people at the event, they are just watching something that is being judged and relayed from some remote office. Supporters are now just extras in their own event. VAR must be abandoned.
Who now takes precedence, the attending fans or the tv viewer. I reckon we know where it’s all headed, gridiron MkII.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote:
Was sad that Liverpool’s most recent humiliation was overshadowed in the media by bloody VAR. I Liked lovable millwall big mouth Danny Baker’s take on it.
What numbs a crowd is the idea that THEY aren’t the people at the event, they are just watching something that is being judged and relayed from some remote office. Supporters are now just extras in their own event. VAR must be abandoned.
Who now takes precedence, the attending fans or the tv viewer. I reckon we know where it’s all headed, gridiron MkII.
The watch idea is great, it's instant, and it actually saves time by cutting out all the arguments, but I cannot abide the VAR, it takes far too long and in most cases still relies on someone's opinion. We're going to end up with 20 minutes of extra time because of it.
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

N5 1BH wrote:
How is losing to a team in your own division a humiliation? A shock and an upset yes .
Losing to a team in a lower division maybe called a humiliation. Or was losing to Forest something worse than that?

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

It was much worse, it was inevitable.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Nicky_Tanner wrote:A shock and an upset yes .

I wasn't upset :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Nicky_Tanner wrote:A shock and an upset yes .

I wasn't upset :lol:
really? you shouldn't have got over the draw v lowly Newport!

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Stitch This wrote: The Grobbelaar Effect :P
You mean the same man who has won almost as many trophies (only 8 less) for LFC than Chelsea have in all their history?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Completely outplayed at home by Spurs, embarrassing for Liverpool.

I'm looking forward to Klopp's interview :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Nice One Cyril wrote:Completely outplayed at home by Spurs, embarrassing for Liverpool.

Diverse opinions.
Time for some righteous indignation

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Stitch This wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:Completely outplayed at home by Spurs, embarrassing for Liverpool.

Diverse opinions.

Haha, Alli's was pretty poor but Harry's and Lamela's were both contact. Enough to go to ground? Not IMO, but that's the modern game I'm afraid.

Against that, I thought the Liverpool midfield got away with an extraordinary amount of fouls without getting carded, Klopp's turned them into a dirty, long ball team. Or maybe it's just that Spurs were too good :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

It's why we love the game, it gives us things to talk about but it would help if officials know the rules

Pen 1
Offside 100% - mistakes are made so excusable but annoying
Not a penalty - mistakes are made so excusable but annoying
Red Card- if penalty given why no red card - incompetence by officials
So threee errors in one decision = incompetence

Pen 2
Harsh, and annoying - its not basketball that is no contact

NOC - We lost 4-1 with Phil at your place.....another game we have done better without him - but I still would have preferred not to sell!
You also stupidly said he (Phil) was our best player - Salah is far better :wink:

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Stitch This wrote:

Diverse opinions.

Haha, Alli's was pretty poor but Harry's and Lamela's were both contact. Enough to go to ground? Not IMO, but that's the modern game I'm afraid.

Against that, I thought the Liverpool midfield got away with an extraordinary amount of fouls without getting carded, Klopp's turned them into a dirty, long ball team. Or maybe it's just that Spurs were too good :wink:
And your attempt at trolling is e- at best. I am probably giving you too much credit in responding :wink:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Nicky_Tanner wrote:

It's why we love the game, it gives us things to talk about but it would help if officials know the rules

Pen 1

Pen 2

NOC - We lost 4-1 with Phil at your place.....another game we have done better without him - but I still would have preferred not to sell!
You also stupidly said he (Phil) was our best player - Salah is far better :wink:
:lol: You need to learn the LOTG and the way they're interpreted before you comment.

First pen is not offside because Lovren makes a deliberate attempt to play (as opposed to a deflection) the ball. I think it's a dumb interpretation since Kane is quite obviously affecting his judgement, but that's the Law. Quite how Karius was allowed to stay on the pitch is a bit of a mystery though, if clean through on goal isn't DOGSO then not sure what is.

Second pen is not a great deal of contact, but Lamela is kicked in the calf. I don't like it, but that's the modern game for you. You can guarantee that Salah, Firmino and Sane would all fall over given the same situation.

I think your defence looks better with VVD, but your midfield (Can, Hendo and Milner) are essentially hackers without Coutinho. Having only a third of possession at home is really poor for a top side.

Can't really compare Phil to Mo as they play in different positions, but Salah is certainly a fine player. I was particularly impressed with his workrate when both Sane and Firmino were virtually invisible.
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Nicky_Tanner wrote:

Pen 1

Pen 2

:lol: You need to learn the LOTG and the way they're interpreted before you comment.

First pen is not offside because Lovren makes a deliberate attempt to play (as opposed to a deflection) the ball. I think it's a dumb interpretation since Kane is quite obviously affecting his judgement, but that's the Law. Quite how Karius was allowed to stay on the pitch is a bit of a mystery though, if clean through on goal isn't DOGSO then not sure what is.

Second pen is not a great deal of contact, but Lamela is kicked in the calf. I don't like it, but that's the modern game for you. You can guarantee that Salah, Firmino and Sane would all fall over given the same situation.

I think your defence looks better with VVD, but your midfield (Can, Hendo and Milner) are essentially hackers without Coutinho. Having only a third of possession at home is really poor for a top side.

Can't really compare Phil to Mo as they play in different positions, but Salah is certainly a fine player. I was particularly impressed with his workrate when both Sane and Firmino were virtually invisible.
When the ball is played he is offside 100%. Lovren attempting to touch it is irrelevant. you can't receive the ball in an offside position and be onside!
I genuinely stopped reading after that - as it was probablyy more trash.

he knows more than you and me

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... t-deserve/

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Think the ref judged that Lovren’s attempt at control was merely typical of him and not affected by Kane at all, therefore deliberate play by Lovren to Kane = not offside. Don’t think he did actually touch it though

Must confess I’m surprised to see Van Dyke adapt so quickly to the Liverpool way of defending, I thought he would take some months to get to their level. He & Lovren will make for an interesting combo.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

not sure who van dyke is in LFC team, and now having read the rest of NOC's tripe I didn't know we signed Sane either.

I love how Arsenal fans try to be funny after they win one game. I hope their sore necks aren't too bad looking up at us.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Nicky_Tanner wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
Nicky_Tanner wrote:It's why we love the game, it gives us things to talk about but it would help if officials know the rules

Pen 1

Pen 2

When the ball is played he is offside 100%. Lovren attempting to touch it is irrelevant. you can't receive the ball in an offside position and be onside!
I genuinely stopped reading after that - as it was probablyy more trash.

he knows more than you and me

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... t-deserve/
What garbage, he even admits it himself that "If Dejan Lovren, the Liverpool defender, had been deliberately trying to clear the ball, he would have been deemed to have been playing Kane onside".

So, apparently Lovren has so little command over his limbs that his leg suddenly flung itself at the ball :lol:

As I said, I think being in an offside position, that close to goal, it's unfair on the defenders if they get away with it, but that's how the interpretation of the Law is these days.
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Nicky_Tanner wrote:not sure who van dyke is in LFC team, and now having read the rest of NOC's tripe I didn't know we signed Sane either.

I love how Arsenal fans try to be funny after they win one game. I hope their sore necks aren't too bad looking up at us.
Oh yeah, sorry, got mixed up with Sadio Mane and Manio (aka Leroy) Sane!
Danny Blanchflower

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Meh, one day Spurs will be big enough to have pages and pages and pages written about them on a FN topic about them. One day. :wink:
Ignore this signature

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Nicky_Tanner wrote:not sure who van dyke is in LFC team, and now having read the rest of NOC's tripe I didn't know we signed Sane either.

At you rage, you get mixed up a lot I would think.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Nicky_Tanner wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

At you rage, you get mixed up a lot I would think.
I don't have rage issues, that's you and your mate JB :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:
I don't have rage issues, that's you and your mate JB :wink:
Haha he rages at me BTW

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

My neck feels alot better after I visited a chiro! He was recommended to me by a couple of my Liverpoo supporters mates who were seeing him for years
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012