Liverpool

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Liverpool

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Nicky_Tanner wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
Christ, you'd better hope Tanner doesn't see this, he'll be apoplectic. :wink:
One bad goal! But hey, how bad was the keeper for your second....I won’t take anything away for
A spurs decent result.

Out of our 5 goals - one was a howler.
:lol: You could spout all weekend and not convince me that Porto are a good team.

The area Liverpool are really good is up top, you have to stop that supply and any midfield that gets dominated by Henderson, Wijnaldum and Milner isn't up to much.

As for Spurs, I think they got lucky with the result after an offside goal was allowed and an error from Davies left them two down, but what impressed me was that the Spurs of 10 years ago would have collapsed and probably lost by 5, but they showed a resilience, not dissimilar to Liverpool and United of old, and ended up dominating the game and creating the majority of the chances.

Goals change games and sometimes you need a bit of luck.
Milner only plays some games BTW. He is not first choice you do know that? We have the luxury of being able to rotate dependant on the opposition.

Our midfield is our weaker area I agree, but we are progressing and can’t ask for more than that.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Nicky_Tanner wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote: :lol: You could spout all weekend and not convince me that Porto are a good team.

The area Liverpool are really good is up top, you have to stop that supply and any midfield that gets dominated by Henderson, Wijnaldum and Milner isn't up to much.

As for Spurs, I think they got lucky with the result after an offside goal was allowed and an error from Davies left them two down, but what impressed me was that the Spurs of 10 years ago would have collapsed and probably lost by 5, but they showed a resilience, not dissimilar to Liverpool and United of old, and ended up dominating the game and creating the majority of the chances.

Milner only plays some games BTW. He is not first choice you do know that? We have the luxury of being able to rotate dependant on the opposition.

Our midfield is our weaker area I agree, but we are progressing and can’t ask for more than that.
Personally I think your defence (including the keeper) is worse than your midfield, but Klopp has at least spent some money there and seems to have found a couple of youngsters that might turn out good. As far as progressing, maybe the club as a whole is, but you've sold one of the top ten midfielders in the World and not replaced him, that's regression in that particular area.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Nicky_Tanner wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote: :lol: You could spout all weekend and not convince me that Porto are a good team.

Personally I think your defence (including the keeper) is worse than your midfield, but Klopp has at least spent some money there and seems to have found a couple of youngsters that might turn out good. As far as progressing, maybe the club as a whole is, but you've sold one of the top ten midfielders in the World and not replaced him, that's regression in that particular area.
yet our form is better without him - I keep telling you this - he scored spectacular goals but we get more points when he doesn't play.

Not picking on you, but do you watch all our games, or read and see a few highlights? The defence issues are actually overplayed. We are not perfect by any means but not as bad you and others think. Hence why we are third....

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Klopp not happy.

Route 1 champagne football from United :lol: , but a good finish from Rashford.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:Klopp not happy.

UTD were effective, we made a few costly indiviudal mistakes - that happens.

Not a bad game (result was!) but devoid of many chances, neither keeper made a sve of note. Rashford is a good player, he should play more.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Nicky_Tanner wrote:

Not a bad game (result was!) but devoid of many chances, neither keeper made a sve of note. Rashford is a good player, he should play more.
Missing Coutinho perhaps? :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Nicky_Tanner wrote:

Missing Coutinho perhaps? :wink:
Goes without saying!

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

holy spit......its getting better..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jamie Carragher to have talks over Sky future after spitting incident
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ter-united
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

MegaBonus wrote:holy spit......its getting better..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jamie Carragher to have talks over Sky future after spitting incident
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ter-united
Only fools laugh at someone spitting, you need help. Your attitude towards this is embarrassing.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

too many assumptions there Nicky.....

so rather than condemn the act of spitting, you deflect....are you Hawksey in disguise????????

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

MegaBonus wrote:too many assumptions there Nicky.....

so rather than condemn the act of spitting, you deflect....are you Hawksey in disguise????????
Someone has spat at someone else, you are laughing. What assumptions have I made?
Carragher has been foolish. I am surprised you even thought I was deflecting.

Many will go overboard about it, I will be surprised if he keeps his job at SKY, as in today’s world you have to be squeaky clean. It’s not good at all, but many online trolls and non LFC fans in particular will make it worse than it is, while others will say he did no wrong!

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Dear Nicky.....

given that you and other Liverpool supporters are very sensitive atm, with Man U taking 4 out of a possible 6 points this season...and twice when Liverpool where in top form, Man U having clipped their wings.....your reaction to my emoji is staggering....im laughing at Liverpool's collective misfortune (including that of a former players) at the hands of Man U....nothing more, nothing less....

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

MegaBonus wrote:too many assumptions there Nicky.....

Bringing me into, nice attempt at deflection.

Looks like N-T waa clearly condemning it to me.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

MegaBonus wrote:Dear Nicky.....

given that you and other Liverpool supporters are very sensitive atm, with Man U taking 4 out of a possible 6 points this season...and twice when Liverpool where in top form, Man U having clipped their wings.....your reaction to my emoji is staggering....im laughing at Liverpool's collective misfortune (including that of a former players) at the hands of Man U....nothing more, nothing less....
I am not sensitive, show me where I am. You are laughing at a spitting incident nothing more and nothing less.

You clearly found it funny that someone spat at someone else. As I said, you need help.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

no....read my lips....spitting at a child is not funny.....Liverpools and their past players misfortune is....

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote:no....read my lips....spitting at a child is not funny.....Liverpools and their past players misfortune is....
6 laughter emojis but you're not laughing about it.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

quite ironic that in another post you criticise another forumites ability to write coherent English when you yourself cant read it...you are slipping!

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

MegaBonus wrote:no....read my lips....spitting at a child is not funny.....Liverpools and their past players misfortune is....
So you can delete the laughter emojis? As you put them in by mistake?

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

no...no mistake....read my second post in conjunction with my first....enough already....

lets move on and talk football....like how Liverpool sold its best player, has arguably the best attack in the PL, enjoyed nearly 65% possession and relied on an own goal to get back into the game...

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

MegaBonus wrote:no...no mistake....read my second post in conjunction with my first....enough already....

lets move on and talk football....like how Liverpool sold its best player, has arguably the best attack in the PL, enjoyed nearly 65% possession and relied on an own goal to get back into the game...
We haven’t sold our best player since 2014, I am happy to talk about that if you want.

Possession doesn’t mean goals.
Would you like to discuss the reasoning Utd stayed with 11 men, and the ref decided penalties are no longer part of the game?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Nicky_Tanner wrote:Would you like to discuss the reasoning Utd stayed with 11 men, and the ref decided penalties are no longer part of the game?
:lol: You're sounding like Jurgen.

How's that table looking? :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Nicky_Tanner wrote:Would you like to discuss the reasoning Utd stayed with 11 men, and the ref decided penalties are no longer part of the game?

Are you disagreeing?
The table is better than it was 3 weeks ago. :wink:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Nicky_Tanner wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

Are you disagreeing?
The table is better than it was 3 weeks ago. :wink:
I thought the handball was certainly giveable although not necessarily intentional, some you get some you don't. Not enough in the Salah one for me, both players were holding and the one that JK was moaning most about, Mane was nowhere near the ball and I thought it was just a coming together. I think often when a forward can't get to the ball he deliberately runs into the defender to try to buy a free with a tangle of legs. Could just as easily have been a foul by Mane.

I though Valencia was very lucky to stay on with a studs out, chest high challenge, but overall Liverpool never really got to grips with the midfield battle and United were good value for the win.
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

I wasn’t aware you had to be near the ball to get a penalty. When did that rule appear.

I agree with the midfield point.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote:quite ironic that in another post you criticise another forumites ability to write coherent English when you yourself cant read it...you are slipping!

I can read it quite clearly thank you. Maybe you should type what you mean.
Last edited by God is an Englishman on Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Nicky_Tanner wrote:I wasn’t aware you had to be near the ball to get a penalty. When did that rule appear.
I wasn’t aware that a forward bumping into a defender and falling over is a foul. When did that rule appear or does it apply only to forwards in a Liverpool shirt?

It's supposed to be a contact sport.
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Nicky_Tanner wrote:I wasn’t aware you had to be near the ball to get a penalty. When did that rule appear.
I wasn’t aware that a forward bumping into a defender and falling over is a foul. When did that rule appear or does it apply only to forwards in a Liverpool shirt?

I don’t think any spurs fan has any place to accuse teams of trying to gain dodgy penalties.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Nicky_Tanner wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

I don’t think any spurs fan has any place to accuse teams of trying to gain dodgy penalties.
Open your eyes, it doesn't matter what shirt they wear, they all do it.
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Your team currently has the worst reputation. And you have the only manger who openly promotes it. If you opened your eyes you would have seen this, and if you opened your ears you would have heard him say it .