Liverpool

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Liverpool

Post by N5 1BH »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:The grand national has been cancelled, does this mean that because everyone thinks the favourite will win that they will just award it the race?

No, but if the race had started and with 50 metres to go it was 49 metres in front, they probably should

Devon Loch :wink:

Ha! my old man was a big fan of Dick francis, read all his books. He would bang on about Russians and lasers and such

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SUCvrzdILE

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:Devon Loch :wink:

Ha! my old man was a big fan of Dick francis, read all his books. He would bang on about Russians and lasers and such

:lol: Not sure about Russkies or lasers, but I read most of his books when I was young.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:Devon Loch :wink:

:lol: Not sure about Russkies or lasers, but I read most of his books when I was young.

He started writing when you were already old......

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

The Isolated One wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:Ha! my old man was a big fan of Dick francis, read all his books. He would bang on about Russians and lasers and such

He started writing when you were already old......

Just for that, I hope they void the season :wink:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Just for that, I hope they void the season :wink:

I thought Everton were the bitters.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

My season was already voided

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

N5 1BH wrote:My season was already voided

you can still win the FA Cup

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

I just hope LIVERPOOL gets the title. they have earned it fair and square. im a MAN UTD fan but kudos to herr Klopp and his team for what they have done for their fans this season. BLOODY WELL DONE. :)

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

theorakle wrote:I just hope LIVERPOOL gets the title. they have earned it fair and square. im a MAN UTD fan but kudos to herr Klopp and his team for what they have done for their fans this season. BLOODY WELL DONE. :)

How habe they earnt it fair and square? This isn't ago, you don't get a point for being close.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

God is an Englishman wrote:
theorakle wrote:I just hope LIVERPOOL gets the title. they have earned it fair and square. im a MAN UTD fan but kudos to herr Klopp and his team for what they have done for their fans this season. BLOODY WELL DONE. :)

How habe they earnt it fair and square? This isn't ago, you don't get a point for being close.

hold up your hands HEADMASTER. im sure if MILLWALL was in in liverpools position you would have a completely different take on this subject. no one was going to catch Liverpool and it would be cruel to even think of taking the title off them.liverpool have been fantastic this season,i just hope man utd can do something similar next season. :)

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

theorakle wrote:

hold up your hands HEADMASTER. im sure if MILLWALL was in in liverpools position you would have a completely different take on this subject. no one was going to catch Liverpool and it would be cruel to even think of taking the title off them.liverpool have been fantastic this season,i just hope man utd can do something similar next season. :)

More sniping away there.

No-one can take the title away from Liverpool because they don't have it.

Facts are simole here. Liverpool almost definitely wouldn't be caught
BUT mathematically they could be. Until that isn't the case then they don't deserve the title.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

God is an Englishman wrote:More sniping away there.

BUT mathematically they could be. Until that isn't the case then they don't deserve the title.

If a game is abandoned after 80mins (not sure if exact time) the current score is used as a result . So it’s not unreasonable to say they can be awarded the title.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

The Isolated One wrote:

If a game is abandoned after 80mins (not sure if exact time) the current score is used as a result . So it’s not unreasonable to say they can be awarded the title.

Is that the rule in the premier league?

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

The Isolated One wrote:

Is that the rule in the premier league?

I ‘thought’ it’s in the rules of the game. You know them all don’t you? Or should we check?

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Can’t find the PL - the closest is this

Things are different in England, however. It is essentially at the discretion of the FA what happens if a game is abandoned after a period of it has been played, as this extract from the Football League rules suggests:

”…any League Match which from any cause whatever falls short of 90 (ninety) minutes’ duration may be ordered to count as a completed fixture or be replayed in full or in part on whatever terms and conditions the Board shall in their absolute discretion determine and shall be played in compliance with these Regulations and the Football Association Rules respectively and under the Laws of the Game as approved by the International Football Association Board”.

If a game is called off before a ball has even been kicked then it is typically replayed at a later date, with the supporters offered a refund or replacement tickets for the new game.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

The Isolated One wrote:
I ‘thought’ it’s in the rules of the game. You know them all don’t you? Or should we check?

I don't know them all.

I don't believe there's anything in the LAWS to cover that.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

How habe they earnt it fair and square? This isn't ago, you don't get a point for being close.[/quote]

hold up your hands HEADMASTER. im sure if MILLWALL was in in liverpools position you would have a completely different take on this subject. no one was going to catch Liverpool and it would be cruel to even think of taking the title off them.liverpool have been fantastic this season,i just hope man utd can do something similar next season. :)[/quote]

More sniping away there.

BUT mathematically they could be. Until that isn't the case then they don't deserve the title.[/quote]

sniping,where,anyone can make typos. even me. why do you accuse me :?: why are you on my case all the bloody time :?: oh,and everybody elses, :roll:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

theorakle wrote:
sniping,where,anyone can make typos. even me. why do you accuse me :?: why are you on my case all the bloody time :?: oh,and everybody elses, :roll:

It's quite amusing that you can insult people and still think you're innocent.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

theorakle wrote:

that's because iam. I don't insult anyone. at least you don't swear at anyone. some people on here do. :roll:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

theorakle wrote:
theorakle wrote:

that's because iam. I don't insult anyone. at least you don't swear at anyone. some people on here do. :roll:

:lol:

This just gets funnier

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

I know you wont let it go so I will leave the last word to your own good self.cheers. :roll:

Nikos Sampson
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Nikos Sampson »

It gets funnier and sadder at the same time.
I hate ethnics like Cyril.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

DAILY MAIL
Liverpool have issued mental health advice to their players telling them that what happens with the Premier League title is out of their control.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

eagleboy wrote:DAILY MAIL
Liverpool have issued mental health advice to their players telling them that what happens with the Premier League title is out of their control.

its always the fans that will be affected the most. lets face it,for a big club they have waited long enough. :roll:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Well, I guess that bottle of champagne (no swear filter intended) in the back fridge could come into use very soon. :grin:
Ignore this signature

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Bomber wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:47 am Well, I guess that bottle of champagne (no swear filter intended) in the back fridge could come into use very soon. :grin:
They deserve it and I'm glad that they've managed to finish the season, for all the clubs, it wouldn't have seemed right otherwise. Brighton being a case in point, relegation candidates two games ago but now looking safe.
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:54 am
Bomber wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:47 am Well, I guess that bottle of champagne (no swear filter intended) in the back fridge could come into use very soon. :grin:
They deserve it and I'm glad that they've managed to finish the season, for all the clubs, it wouldn't have seemed right otherwise. Brighton being a case in point, relegation candidates two games ago but now looking safe.
Agree Cyril, great it has returned and for Liverpool fans to celebrate a season they deserve to be crowned champions.. however you cant deny the break has benefited some clubs with players who were injured returning now to finish the season & giving them the ability to push for final positions, where as they may have faded away if those players were still on the sidelines..
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:54 am
Always thought that really, you shouldn't commence a new season until the current one is done and dusted, regardless of circumstances. That said, in this example where a team was so far in front, you could hardly deny them the title should they have ceased it. As for the teams battling relegation, I was under the impression if the season was "cancelled" there might not be any relegation with a temporary increase in teams for the following season.
Makes me wonder, did the SPL (as well as France, Netherlands etc) stop their seasons too hastily?
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Title Winners - liverpool *

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:41 pm Title Winners - liverpool *
Will be 19 actually.
Ignore this signature