Liverpool

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Liverpool

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Con M wrote:
Bomber wrote:Ressies get job done in FA Cup. :)
Yeah, nah - true Bombsaway. But I agree with G.Isn’t.A.E. this time. Big Clubs should be fined like in ye olde days for fielding weakened teams.

It’s grossly (why does that word remind me of a certain forumite?) disrespectful to the opposition to field kiddies against them in such a grand traditional comp as the F.A. Cup.

Fined for following the rules and winning a game?

Please justify.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

The Normal One. wrote:
Con M wrote:
Yeah, nah - true Bombsaway. But I agree with G.Isn’t.A.E. this time. Big Clubs should be fined like in ye olde days for fielding weakened teams.

It’s grossly (why does that word remind me of a certain forumite?) disrespectful to the opposition to field kiddies against them in such a grand traditional comp as the F.A. Cup.

Please justify.
Because they won, they shouldn't be fined.

Following the rules? What FA rule did they follow that saw such a disrespectful act?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Klopp whinges more than an aussie. If he doesn't like the way English football is, he's welcome to shiraz off home.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

God is an Englishman wrote:Klopp whinges more than an aussie. If he doesn't like the way English football is, he's welcome to shiraz off home.
The fact that Germany have won more world cups than England, maybe the German way is better - does it help the national team?
(I am not saying it is - but it could be)

You moan more than most (all?), and have been in another country longer than him....why don't you shiraz off home too? Circumstances sometimes mean you cant or don't want to - so you are like him :lol: .

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

G.Isn’t.A.E., I’m confused. I’m sure I read on some post that you wrote that teams should be fined if they field weakened teams.

Wasn’t that the case in ye olde days so big clubs couldn’t field weakened teams which could cause an opponent’s relegation?

And you don’t think that principle holds in that it’s being disrespectful to lower tier teams if big clubs field kiddies against them in such an honourable comp like the F.A. Cup?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Con M wrote:G.Isn’t.A.E., I’m confused. I’m sure I read on some post that you wrote that teams should be fined if they field weakened teams.

Wasn’t that the case in ye olde days so big clubs couldn’t field weakened teams which could cause an opponent’s relegation?

And you don’t think that principle holds in that it’s being disrespectful to lower tier teams if big clubs field kiddies against them in such an honourable comp like the F.A. Cup?

I 100% agree that had they lost then they should have been fined.
Last edited by God is an Englishman on Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

The Normal One. wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Klopp whinges more than an aussie. If he doesn't like the way English football is, he's welcome to shiraz off home.
The fact that Germany have won more world cups than England, maybe the German way is better - does it help the national team?

You moan more than most (all?), and have been in another country longer than him....why don't you shiraz off home too? Circumstances sometimes mean you cant or don't want to - so you are like him :lol: .
Well I'd love to know the reason that is keeping him there. As you know, I'd love to "shiraz off home".

He is complaining about things he knew about before he arrived here.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:
The Normal One. wrote:

Well I'd love to know the reason that is keeping him there. As you know, I'd love to "shiraz off home".

Did you think Australia was so great before you came here? And are you allowed to have an opinion of what it's like since?
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:
Did you think Australia was so great before you came here? And are you allowed to have an opinion of what it's like since?
I didn't know, I hadn't been there.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

The Normal One. wrote:

He has a contract, and he is keeping to it? Professional developmnet as well, to prove he can be a winner in the best league in the world.
Obviously I don't know him, so can't say for certain :)

England didn't have a mid winter break - he is complaining about it!

And we won the game - what's the problem?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

The Normal One. wrote:
He has a contract, and he is keeping to it? Professional developmnet as well, to prove he can be a winner in the best league in the world.

and he knew it didn't have one when he signed the contract. He also knew the date of an FA Cup replay as well.

Putting out a youth side is the word's greatest club cup competition is a disgrace. You'd agree if it wasn't liverpool.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

The Normal One. wrote:

and he knew it didn't have one when he signed the contract. He also knew the date of an FA Cup replay as well.

Putting out a youth side is the word's greatest club cup competition is a disgrace. You'd agree if it wasn't liverpool.
Being serious.

I wish the FA Cup went back to former glory. So I would hope a full team played.
If Klopp insists on the resting of players - those who need games, Adrian, Lovren, Matip, Keita etc should have still played. They don't require a mid season break.
If Klopp still thinks only kids should play - he should have managed the team.
Not sure how it has happened but our mid season break changed - thanks to the premier league , if it was the second weekend he could have played the first team still.
As an aside, we did still get a sellout - other replays had poor attendances, and City in their original game - so the cup itself didn't lose out.

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

fa cup was raped many years ago and man united were main culprits but such is the price of success when you clock up extra games thru the success
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

The Normal One. wrote:As an aside, we did still get a sellout - other replays had poor attendances, and City in their original game - so the cup itself didn't lose out.
Shrewsbury did. The BBC dropped your game and switched to the Newcastle game so Shrewsbury missed out on their share of the TV money.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

The Normal One. wrote:
Con M wrote:

Please justify.
All of the great players were kids once. At the start of a season, clubs submit a squad of 25 players so, as long as any team is picked from those 25, I have absolutely no problem which they are. That's what managing your assets is all about.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:
The Normal One. wrote:As an aside, we did still get a sellout - other replays had poor attendances, and City in their original game - so the cup itself didn't lose out.
Shrewsbury did. The BBC dropped your game and switched to the Newcastle game so Shrewsbury missed out on their share of the TV money.
What do you mean dropped our game? We said as soon as the game was announced it would be kids?

As for the squad, those players weren’t in any squad, they count as youngsters and you can have as many as you want.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

The Normal One. wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
What do you mean dropped our game? We said as soon as the game was announced it would be kids?

As for the squad, those players weren’t in any squad, they count as youngsters and you can have as many as you want.
Forgot about the U18 thing, but the Beeb said that they'd originally intended to cover the Liverpool game but, as Liverpool were putting out their kids, they moved coverage to the other game. I don't blame Liverpool, it's their right to field whatever team they want.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... eplay.html
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Forgot about the U18 thing, but the Beeb said that they'd originally intended to cover the Liverpool game but, as Liverpool were putting out their kids, they moved coverage to the other game. I don't blame Liverpool, it's their right to field whatever team they want.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... eplay.html
I only skimmed this and found BT and they didn’t drop us decided to not show it? Or is there another part?

Liverpool have slashed their ticket prices and this reduces the gate receipts which are split between the clubs and BT Sport opted against broadcasting the game live with is worth £72,000 per club.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

The Normal One. wrote:
Being serious.
So, you weren't being until now?

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

The Normal One. wrote:
Being serious.
So, you weren't being until now?
Not with the going back to UK /Germany stuff.

Nikos Sampson
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Nikos Sampson »

I've seen you get pretty serious over Germany stuff.
I hate ethnics like Cyril.

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

some work to do now at anfield after the jaunt to madrid
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Didn't watch game but hear not one shot on target, suggesting they may have had a more defensive minded attitude? Or Athletico were just good defensively?
Ignore this signature

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

when both Liverpool fullbacks are playing as auxiliary wingers, theres no way Liverpool were 'defensive'.

Simeone and Mourinho are cut from the same cloth.
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Bomber wrote:Didn't watch game but hear not one shot on target, suggesting they may have had a more defensive minded attitude? Or Athletico were just good defensively?
We weren't defensive, had a few half chances but struggled.

Not In The Mood
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Not In The Mood »

Dave now from No 9 wrote:some work to do now at anfield after the jaunt to madrid
Barcelona says hello.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Don't gloat just yet there is another leg to go,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :lol:
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Bomber wrote:Didn't watch game but hear not one shot on target, suggesting they may have had a more defensive minded attitude? Or Athletico were just good defensively?
Atletico very discipline and in reality Liverpool created very little. It was a typical Simeone game plan , although I dont think 1-0 advantage is enough to take to Anfield.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

ozzie owl wrote:
Atletico very discipline and in reality Liverpool created very little. It was a typical Simeone game plan , although I dont think 1-0 advantage is enough to take to Anfield.
You usually hate play acting, yet you say they were disciplined? They had a game plan and executed it.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

The Normal One. wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:
You usually hate play acting, yet you say they were disciplined? They had a game plan and executed it.
I was referring to their game plan , but dangerous area picking on play acting all sides do it , even Liverpool. I'm not sure FIFA are serious about eradicating it.