Liverpool

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Liverpool

Post by Victoria's Secret »

ozzie owl wrote:
+1

Clubs blame the number of the games , wasn't it the clubs that pushed for an expanded EUFA and Europa League?
Read what Klopp said then come back to us.

He is following the PL rules as directed.

Nikos Sampson
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Nikos Sampson »

Have you got a link to what he said?
I hate ethnics like Cyril.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

yes.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first- ... ool-fa-cup

Look, our situation is the following: we have known that for a couple of weeks it is like this. Actually, we knew it a bit longer because it was always clear when we came through into the next round it would be like this. In April 2019, we got a letter from the Premier League where they asked us to respect the winter break, not to organise international friendlies and not to organise competitive games in respect of it. I have said to the boys already, two weeks ago, that we will have a winter break, so it means we will not be there – it will be the kids who play that game because they cannot deal with us like nobody cares about it. I know it is not very popular, but that’s the way I see it and, how I said, the Premier League asked us to respect the winter break and that’s what we do. If then the FA do not respect it then we cannot change. But we will not be there.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

The Normal One. wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:
+1

Clubs blame the number of the games , wasn't it the clubs that pushed for an expanded EUFA and Europa League?

The reality was the expanded football calender was always going to have an impact on the domestic cup competitions, but it was the clubs who pushed for this .

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

ozzie owl wrote:
The Normal One. wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:
+1

The reality was the expanded football calender was always going to have an impact on the domestic cup competitions, but it was the clubs who pushed for this .
When did CL and Europa last expand?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

The Normal One. wrote:yes.

Look, our situation is the following: we have known that for a couple of weeks it is like this. Actually, we knew it a bit longer because it was always clear when we came through into the next round it would be like this. In April 2019, we got a letter from the Premier League where they asked us to respect the winter break, not to organise international friendlies and not to organise competitive games in respect of it. I have said to the boys already, two weeks ago, that we will have a winter break, so it means we will not be there – it will be the kids who play that game because they cannot deal with us like nobody cares about it. I know it is not very popular, but that’s the way I see it and, how I said, the Premier League asked us to respect the winter break and that’s what we do. If then the FA do not respect it then we cannot change. But we will not be there.
What winter break?

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

God is an Englishman wrote:

What winter break?
The one in February! It's basically a week off - but it's split between clubs.

Liverpool (and others) don't have a game on the weekend of 9th February

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/prem ... es/2020-02

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

The Normal One. wrote:

What winter break?
The one in February! It's basically a week off - but it's split between clubs.

Liverpool (and others) don't have a game on the weekend of 9th February

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/prem ... es/2020-02

well that's just bollocks.

If Liverpool field a weakened team and loses they should be fined.

Oh and shiraz the winter break off.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Most teams are weakened at present for the Cup. Liverpool have first team players coming back from injury, they need game time. I don’t get why Jurgen isn’t playing them?

I want the FA Cup to be big again, but sadly the clubs and administrators are doing all they can to belittle it.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

The Normal One. wrote:

Most teams are weakened at present for the Cup. Liverpool have first team players coming back from injury, they need game time. I don’t get why Jurgen isn’t playing them?

I want the FA Cup to be big again, but sadly the clubs and administrators are doing all they can to belittle it.
too many foreigners who don't get our football culture mixed with the fact that 4th ace gets you more.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

The Normal One. wrote:

No money in the FA Cup, but Hawkesy's right, make it a CL place and shiraz fourth in the league off.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Inoue Waka
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Inoue Waka »

I didn't know that a winter break was implemented in England for this season.

Inoue Waka
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Inoue Waka »

God is an Englishman wrote:Oh and shiraz the winter break off.
I agree. Players these days are softcocks.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:
The Normal One. wrote:

No money in the FA Cup, but Hawkesy's right, make it a CL place and shiraz fourth in the league off.
Over 3.5m pounds is not bad.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

3.5 m won’t get a you player to sit on the bench in the EPL , I agree give the 4th UCL spot to FA Cup winner .

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

ozzie owl wrote:3.5 m won’t get a you player to sit on the bench in the EPL , I agree give the 4th UCL spot to FA Cup winner .
But it gets you into the Europa which makes money.

BTW I agree with you and posted the same on FB recently re CL qualification but a few million is still relevant.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

The Normal One. wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
The Normal One. wrote:I want the FA Cup to be big again, but sadly the clubs and administrators are doing all they can to belittle it.
Over 3.5m pounds is not bad.
If you win it, but about four times that amount for qualifying for group stages of CL.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:
If you win it, but about four times that amount for qualifying for group stages of CL.
And all EPL clubs go to group stages now of course. It’s a cash cow.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Awesome team and Firmino is an awesome player, but how the hell do they continually get VAR in their favour, they should have been 1 down instead of 1 up?

Not that I think the result would have been any different, but you never know.
Danny Blanchflower

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Nice One Cyril wrote:Awesome team and Firmino is an awesome player, but how the hell do they continually get VAR in their favour, they should have been 1 down instead of 1 up?

Get ready for the TNO comeback NOC :wink:

Inoue Waka
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Inoue Waka »

Nice One Cyril wrote:Awesome team and Firmino is an awesome player, but how the hell do they continually get VAR in their favour, they should have been 1 down instead of 1 up?
The visitors were also reprieved by VAR when Shane Long grappled Firmino to the ground inside the area with the game deadlocked.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

1-1 maybe - only the last angle I saw was it a pen, all others were debatable so I see why it wasn’t given first time round . Bobby was pulled down first - blatant penalty .
Back pass went our way too. - worst decision of the day not giving a free kick to them

Continually? Please explain that one. Or are you like all the others that actually don’t understand that we have had more go against us BUT we still win so they are not counted by rival fans.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

The Normal One. wrote:

1-1 maybe - only the last angle I saw was it a pen, all others were debatable so I see why it wasn’t given first time round . Bobby was pulled down first - blatant penalty .
Back pass went our way too. - worst decision of the day not giving a free kick to them

Continually? Please explain that one. Or are you like all the others that actually don’t understand that we have had more go against us BUT we still win so they are not counted by rival fans.
You don't visit the same optician as GIAE. You don't need to actually see it , just believe it. :D

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

March title now possible (I think) - not done yet but ever been done and dusted before April (post war era)?
Ignore this signature

Nikos Sampson
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Nikos Sampson »

Six more wins required, unless city drop more points.

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

a season dominated by Liverpool and var a close second , lol
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Bomber wrote:March title now possible (I think) - not done yet but ever been done and dusted before April (post war era)?
April 14th previous best.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Ressies get job done in FA Cup. :)
Ignore this signature

Nikos Sampson
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Nikos Sampson »

VG said it was a own guy goal by a manchester united product.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Bomber wrote:Ressies get job done in FA Cup. :)
Yeah, nah - true Bombsaway. But I agree with G.Isn’t.A.E. this time. Big Clubs should be fined like in ye olde days for fielding weakened teams.

It’s grossly (why does that word remind me of a certain forumite?) disrespectful to the opposition to field kiddies against them in such a grand traditional comp as the F.A. Cup.