Liverpool

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Liverpool

Post by God is an Englishman »

I haven't seen the incident but agree with you, just because there's contact doesn't mean it isn't a dive. However, palace get what they deserve. Their fans think they're Italian and wannabe ultras so how can they complain when they lost to an Italian style of play.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

i think we all agree, but the LOTG don't state if the touch is hard or not. One of the worst at it was subbed off earlier - he used to play for Spurs too - Adebayor

Liverpool were fortunate this time. Spurs were fortunate on Saturday - they didn't lose a player - refs make mistakes and we move on.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

By throwing yourself on the ground could you not argue that the player is "feigning injury"?

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

It was careless NOC. He shouldn't have slid in the box. There was the minimum amount of contact but enough for the linesman to make his decision. Doesn't take a whole lot of contact to cause someone to fall :wink:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

totsreds08 wrote:It was careless NOC. He shouldn't have slid in the box. There was the minimum amount of contact but enough for the linesman to make his decision. Doesn't take a whole lot of contact to cause someone to fall :wink:
I assume by the wink, you're taking the piss using the word "fall".

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

God is an Englishman wrote:
totsreds08 wrote:It was careless NOC. He shouldn't have slid in the box. There was the minimum amount of contact but enough for the linesman to make his decision. Doesn't take a whole lot of contact to cause someone to fall :wink:
He didn't fall, he did a double pike with twist.

Whilst I wholly agree that defenders should stay on their feet, especially in the box, a brush like that shouldn't result in a hulking great bloke like Benteke going down like he's been hit with a wrecking ball.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Nice One Cyril wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
He didn't fall, he did a double pike with twist.

Whilst I wholly agree that defenders should stay on their feet, especially in the box, a brush like that shouldn't result in a hulking great bloke like Benteke going down like he's been hit with a wrecking ball.
This can start and finish with referees though. Booking people for diving and also giving the penalties even if they don't go down.

I actually heard a few players last year in the Over 35's say , "you can't give a penalty, he didn't go down"

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Christian Benteke maintained his innocence though after Alan Pardew's dive claims, saying: "I believe he (Palace's Damien Delaney) touched me, otherwise I don't go down."

Boss Jurgen Klopp backed his player, added: "If you run and you get this touch, you fall down. In my opinion, there was more than enough of a touch.
Benteke only believes that Delaney only touched him.

IMO this is the attitude that's ruining the game. Player cheats and manager backs him up.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Christian Benteke maintained his innocence though after Alan Pardew's dive claims, saying: "I believe he (Palace's Damien Delaney) touched me, otherwise I don't go down."

Boss Jurgen Klopp backed his player, added: "If you run and you get this touch, you fall down. In my opinion, there was more than enough of a touch.
Benteke only believes that Delaney only touched him.

IMO this is the attitude that's ruining the game. Player cheats and manager backs him up.
Very true

I believe he touched me

There was enough of a touch

Shows to me he dived

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Do all mid-table clubs get this treatment when a call goes their way?

I’m sure I’ve seen less outrage for a dodgy penalty that decided a Cup Final as opposed to battle for 6th and battle for 16th…..The fewmin is funny reading though..

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

The Kop wrote:Do all mid-table clubs get this treatment when a call goes their way?

I’m sure I’ve seen less outrage for a dodgy penalty that decided a Cup Final as opposed to battle for 6th and battle for 16th…..The fewmin is funny reading though..
Had it not been the last moment of the match I doubt many would have been quite so bothered.
Time for some righteous indignation

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Saw Pardews post match interview last night, looked like he was that close to nutting the interviewer. Would of made great telly

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Palace were 1-0 up with Liverpool only playing with 10 in the 65th minute. It's their own fault they lost that one. Padrew is a champagne.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

totsreds08 wrote:Palace were 1-0 up with Liverpool only playing with 10 in the 65th minute. It's their own fault they lost that one. Padrew is a champagne.
To be fair, Liverpool were creating not a lot until the keeper slipped and the ref helped out.

Pardew is a champagne though, but a funny one.
Danny Blanchflower

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Tie not settled yet by any means, but at this stage, is it a cup that Man U are or aren't keen on?
Ignore this signature

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

Bomber wrote:Tie not settled yet by any means, but at this stage, is it a cup that Man U are or aren't keen on?
If you listen to their Manager, it's a game against an unimportant opponent.

Fergie must be spinning in his Whiskey bath.
It's all in the Delivery!

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

This is what Lucas Neill did against the Italians and yet every Australian fan complains of Italian cheating - in reality it showed the naivety of the Australian football psyche.

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Bomber wrote:Tie not settled yet by any means, but at this stage, is it a cup that Man U are or aren't keen on?
I don't see why Van Gaal wouldn't want to win it. They probably won't get top 4 and it's their easiest way of making the ucl next season. He played a full strength team but if it weren't for De Gea, it could've been 5.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Cmon......a penalty that wasn't and an offside that was.....
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

MegaBonus wrote:Cmon......a penalty that wasn't and an offside that was.....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown:

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

MegaBonus wrote:Cmon......a penalty that wasn't and an offside that was.....
Penalty was a bit soft. Did catch the player first though. Carrick should've put his laces through the ball instead of just tapping it. Silly play there. Deserved lead anyways. Should've been more.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Just watched the Man.U. v. Liverpool Europa League game on beIN Sports. A good contest.

I know some think Coutinho is selfish but that was a great goal.

Klopp must be eyeing off winning this Cup. Imagine meeting Dortmund. And qualifying for next season's European Champions League.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

On the positive side, it will keep the already long-gone Man U supporters away from FN for even longer.
Ignore this signature

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

One good half, one rubbish half. Klopp still struggling with their terrible inconsistency.

Oh When The Saints...! :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:One good half, one rubbish half. Klopp still struggling with their terrible inconsistency.

He is actually doing very well with the inconsistency. He's kept it going nicely.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Nice One Cyril wrote:One good half, one rubbish half. Klopp still struggling with their terrible inconsistency.

Liverpool clinched defeat from jaws of victory.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Nightmare of a team to bet on this season. I knew spanking them 6-1 at same venue in cup game earlier in season would have rebound ramifications at some point. Bugga
Ignore this signature

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Wow, that 4-3 win over Dortmund in the Europa League was special to admire.

Win the Semi & Final and Liverpool even qualify for the lucrative Champions League.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Con M wrote:Wow, that 4-3 win over Dortmund in the Europa League was special to admire.

Win the Semi & Final and Liverpool even qualify for the lucrative Champions League.
Does that mean England could have 6 teams in the champions league next year or is it still limited to 4?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Wow, that's why we love Liverpool - not always the best team, but over the years have some breath-taking wins that will be talked about for may years to come. YNWA! :D
Ignore this signature