Liverpool

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Liverpool

Post by God is an Englishman »

Bomber wrote:Klopp is hardly odd with some of his words or antics when you think about it. As for him wanting Millwall? About as much chance of him coming/wanting to do Croydon. :lol:

The question was
What other club wouldn't want Jurgen in charge of them?
I answered, whether he'd want to go there is irrelevant.

He's not odd, he had the players holding hands and doing that wanky wave thing. ODD!

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Top 4 here we come.

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Wouldn't go that far.

Coutinho, Sturridge and Firmino front 3 will cause problems to every PL defence let alone the worst in the division. Keep them fit and score goals to take pressure off dodgy defence.

5th, League Cup and deep Europa run would be good end to season.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

The Kop wrote:Wouldn't go that far.

Coutinho, Sturridge and Firmino front 3 will cause problems to every PL defence let alone the worst in the division. Keep them fit and score goals to take pressure off dodgy defence.

I must be missing something. Admittedly you smashed the worst team the PL has ever seen (possibly except Derby), but in seven games this calendar year, you've only managed to beat Norwich and Villa, yet you somehow think you'll finish 5th, win the League Cup and go far in Europe.

Tell 'em they're dreamin' :shock:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Nice One Cyril wrote:

I must be missing something. Admittedly you smashed the worst team the PL has ever seen (possibly except Derby), but in seven games this calendar year, you've only managed to beat Norwich and Villa, yet you somehow think you'll finish 5th, win the League Cup and go far in Europe.

Yes.
That was the first game Coutinho, Sturridge and Firmino started all season - first choice attacking trio.
Keep them fit and there will be more spankings handed out. Movement and chaos in final third was almost at Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling level.
Compare that to Benteke, Lallana, Ings, Ibe, Origi and Milner who have all had stints in front 3, is night and day difference.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

The Kop wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

Yes.
That was the first game Coutinho, Sturridge and Firmino started all season - first choice attacking trio.
Keep them fit and there will be more spankings handed out. Movement and chaos in final third was almost at Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling level.
Compare that to Benteke, Lallana, Ings, Ibe, Origi and Milner who have all had stints in front 3, is night and day difference.
If you do the same in the Merseyside derby, I might start to believe you!
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
HAHA how times have changed Cyril, we use to say the same to you Spuds :wink:
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
HAHA how times have changed Cyril, we use to say the same to you Spuds :wink:
Bring on March 5th!
Danny Blanchflower

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

My comment was sarcastic :lol:.
Keep them fit and go for the Europa. It's our best chance of making the champions league next season.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

totsreds08 wrote:Keep them fit and go for the Europa. It's our best chance of making the champions league next season.
Man United are saying the same, so it's fitting you'll be playing each other.
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Ours is the only. they can still get top 4

I don't want CL anyway, unless we invest heavily, our team isn't good enough yet.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

How could the Ref miss that dead-set penalty on Aguero? He was right there.

Now into extra time. A good Final. Pity so many here can't see it, hidden away on beIN Sports.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Con M wrote:How could the Ref miss that dead-set penalty on Aguero? He was right there.

Now into extra time. A good Final. Pity so many here can't see it, hidden away on beIN Sports.
Anyone who has the internet could have seen it. BEIN is on there
Anyone who has fetch, or foxtel could have seen it

What exactly did you mean?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

New Year New name wrote:
Con M wrote:How could the Ref miss that dead-set penalty on Aguero? He was right there.

Trying to explain the internet to an old, slightly daft, fellow like Con, is probably wasting your time.
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:
New Year New name wrote:

Trying to explain the internet to an old, slightly daft, fellow like Con, is probably wasting your time.
yeah, forgot that!

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Moreno could've also had a penalty. Seen them given before.
Mignolet kept us in it. He may have cost us a goal but came up with so many top saves to force it to penalties. Worst way to lose.

Baresi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Baresi »

totsreds08 wrote:

Mignolet kept us in it. He may have cost us a goal but came up with so many top saves to force it to penalties. Worst way to lose.
I thought your guys would be used to it by now! lol

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

totsreds08 wrote:

Mignolet is not good enough, plain and simple.

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Baresi wrote:
totsreds08 wrote:

I thought your guys would be used to it by now! lol
Used to losing penalties? We have s good record in that especially in 2005 :wink:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Anyone else think Benteke shouldn't have got a penalty for the merest of brushes? If that happens in the centre circle, there's no way he would have fallen over and he certainly wouldn't have gone down like he'd been shot.

I thought this was a contact sport?
Danny Blanchflower

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Nice One Cyril wrote:Anyone else think Benteke shouldn't have got a penalty for the merest of brushes? If that happens in the centre circle, there's no way he would have fallen over and he certainly wouldn't have gone down like he'd been shot.

I thought this was a contact sport?
Looking at the slow mo replay this morning, to me it looked like Benteke was already on his way down when his heel clipped the defender's knee. Cheating, diving, sherry. I notice Nigel no name is nowhere around this morning :P
Grosso wrote:Lucky, lucky,lucky
Time for some righteous indignation

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

We got lucky, other games we get unlucky.

(example - West Ham knocked us out the cup when we clearly should have had a thrown in, but they played on get free kick and win)

Letter of the law, it was pen - but harshly given admittedly.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

New Year New name wrote:Letter of the law, it was pen - but harshly given admittedly.
Codswallop! So, any contact that doesn't include the ball, is now a foul?

Please show me where the LOTG say that. Referees are being conned and every club is guilty to some extent.
Danny Blanchflower

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

I'd sooner swap it for the 3-3 a couple years back. End of, a soft pen, but if refs choose to give things they clearly didn't see (ie guess rather than 100% certain), then we will always have problems.
Ignore this signature

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:
New Year New name wrote:Letter of the law, it was pen - but harshly given admittedly.

Please show me where the LOTG say that. Referees are being conned and every club is guilty to some extent.
When you catch their heel - yes.

you don't even need contact for it to be a foul.

We were fortunate but it was a pen.

A direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any
of the following seven offences in a manner considered by the referee to be
careless, reckless or using excessive force:
kicks or attempts to kick an opponent
• trips or attempts to trip an opponent

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

New Year New name wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

When you catch their heel - yes.

you don't even need contact for it to be a foul.

We were fortunate but it was a pen.

A direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any
of the following seven offences in a manner considered by the referee to be
careless, reckless or using excessive force:
kicks or attempts to kick an opponent
• trips or attempts to trip an opponent
Considered being the operative word. If you think that was careless, reckless or dangerous, you need your head examined. Can you honestly say Benteke would have gone to ground in the centre circle for that level of contact?

I'm not blaming Benteke per se, although he is a cheating champagne, he's no worse than hundreds of other footballers. No doubt Pardew will be steaming about it, yet he says and does nothing when Zaha or Cabaye do exactly the same thing.

In ten years the game will be like netball and that saddens me.
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote: Considered being the operative word. If you think that was careless, reckless or dangerous, you need your head examined. Can you honestly say Benteke would have gone to ground in the centre circle for that level of contact?

I'm not blaming Benteke per se, although he is a cheating champagne, he's no worse than hundreds of other footballers. No doubt Pardew will be steaming about it, yet he says and does nothing when Zaha or Cabaye do exactly the same thing.

In ten years the game will be like netball and that saddens me.
Not disagreeing, I did put considered in bold for exactly the same reason - it's bollox. it was careless, knowing he would fall though - most do!

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Not gonna lie, I like seeing Pardew eat salt.
I get guilty pleasures out of it.

Swings and roundabouts......

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Who gives a cabernet, it was only palace. The wankiest most pathetic side in the premiership with their "cheerleaders", their "ultras", claiming to hate Brighton and getting a coach for the short trip up the road to their rivals.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

God is an Englishman wrote:Who gives a cabernet, it was only palace. The wankiest most pathetic side in the premiership with their "cheerleaders", their "ultras", claiming to hate Brighton and getting a coach for the short trip up the road to their rivals.
I don't care for Palace either, but it's a worry that diving is now so acceptable.

Before anyone tells me that 190cm and 90kg Benteke was not diving because he got the slightest touch, I urge you to watch some videos of older players like George Best, 170cm and 70kg wringing wet, who stayed on his feet despite some fearful clogging.

I'm happy that players are better protected in the modern game, but it's gone too far and blatant cheating is now the norm.

The slightest touch is NOT a foul. Anywhere on the pitch.
Danny Blanchflower