FIFA corruption the only

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

FIFA corruption the only

Post by God is an Englishman »

The only way it will stop is when the major nations speak out. At the moment England seem to be the only ones doing so.

Other nations are at least starting to join England and hopefully others do but until there's a major stance then nothing will change.

English FA now needs to take the next step and refuse to put a hold on the season for Qatar and play through it. Then boycott tournaments until something change So

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Re: FIFA corruption the only

Post by Black_Panther »

God is an Englishman wrote:The only way it will stop is when the major nations speak out. At the moment England seem to be the only ones doing so.

Other nations are at least starting to join England and hopefully others do but until there's a major stance then nothing will change.

English FA now needs to take the next step and refuse to put a hold on the season for Qatar and play through it. Then boycott tournaments until something change So
I thought the Premier League was run independent of the FA?
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Originally it was the FA Premier League so unless that's changed then no. It was formed seperate to the football league

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

God is an Englishman wrote:Originally it was the FA Premier League so unless that's changed then no. It was formed seperate to the football league
Sorry GMAE, it's my Norwood High School English-subject teacher's fault, (what with her insistence on striving for spelling & punctuation perfection) that I have to correct you - it's spelt S E P A R A T E, not seperate.

But I do agree with the main gist of your original post, except for a boycott. Use many other means, eg the MONEY lever which the FIFA bureaucrats will understand. Like the recent loss of Sony and Etihad sponsors...

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

God is an Englishman wrote:The only way it will stop is when the major nations speak out. At the moment England seem to be the only ones doing so.

I agree, what we need is for the big nations to give FIFA a deadline, no satisfactory action then no other choice but boycott Qatar.

Napoli
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Napoli »

Too much money involved. Will never happen. Will the fans boycott Qatar? Don't travel there!!

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Coca Cola now withdrawing sponsorship from FIFA

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

bloodypassit wrote:Coca Cola now withdrawing sponsorship from FIFA
they must love it being in Qatar, better chance of finding a bacon sandwich than a can of coca cola the middle East

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Napoli wrote:Too much money involved. Will never happen. Will the fans boycott Qatar? Don't travel there!!
Would you bother going? That heat and no beer.

Back Pack
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Back Pack »

Wouldn't go, wouldn't watch the telecast. I didn't watch this year's world cup. It has been tarnished for good now.
The old grey school bag is dead!

Napoli
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Napoli »

No way would I go. And if your a female - forget about it!!!

Ofor Fuxake
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ofor Fuxake »

The way things are going ISIS could be at the next world cup. Now that will be a group of death.
You can lead a horse to water but they are bloody hard to drown.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Big countries should deliberately lose qualifiers so the likes of Malta, San Marino, Gibraltar, Scotland, Fiji etc can compete in the tournament. That would send a message! :P
Ignore this signature

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

I doubt that by the time 2022 rolls around that Qatar will be the venue.

There is little support from supporter groups and sponsors are dropping like flies.

I've heard that not too many European Television companies are keen on it due to climatic conditions having an effect on their equipment and personnel.

Russia in 2018 is also looking doubtful due to Putin's actions in the Ukraine.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Napoli wrote:Too much money involved. Will never happen. Will the fans boycott Qatar? Don't travel there!!

Would be great if fans boycotted next two World Cups as a protest.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

ozzie owl wrote:

Would be great if fans boycotted next two World Cups as a protest.

The way Putin is carrying on will probably keep many away but it will probably be like the Winter Olympics where it will be success 'whether we like it or not'. :oops:

Qatar, as I said earlier is almost certainly in trouble due to sponsors dropping out like flies and their attitudes towards what the West regards as 'normal civilised' behaviour and interaction between the sexes.

I can't see many female supporters taking the risk of going there and being arrested under "Stone Age" laws restricting their freedom - that also excludes their partners and children.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details