Worse than diving?

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Worse than diving?

Post by Nice One Cyril »

This is not about an individual player, there are plenty of guilty parties, but I was watching the Everton v West Ham game from last weekend and, after a poor tackle and a bit of handbags, Tompkins pushes Mirallas in the arm, who reacts by pushing Tompkins in the chest. Nothing much there, but Tompkins collapses to the ground clutching his face in a quite disgraceful attempt to get a fellow player sent off.

Blatant cheating is all it is.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Worse than diving?

Post by N5 1BH »

Nice One Cyril wrote:This is not about an individual player, there are plenty of guilty parties, but I was watching the Everton v West Ham game from last weekend and, after a poor tackle and a bit of handbags, Tompkins pushes Mirallas in the arm, who reacts by pushing Tompkins in the chest. Nothing much there, but Tompkins collapses to the ground clutching his face in a quite disgraceful attempt to get a fellow player sent off.

Blatant cheating is all it is.
Agree 100%, can't stand it.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Reminded me of the Rivaldo "collapse and nearly dying" one a few World Cups ago.

5 games minimum - retrospective or otherwise. That'll at least go some way to stamping it out
Ignore this signature

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Agree - terrible behavoir and can't help but question why someone would embarrass themselves by being so weak as pi$$?

Squizzy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Squizzy »

How good would it be if a Manager would sub a peanut for an obvious dive and not include him in the line up for a week or so because of the "injury" he "sustained"?

I don't see it ever happening but it would be great if it did.
Who?... Who is but a form, followed by the function of what... And what I am, is a man in a mask!