This is the best game in the world -

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Re: This is the best game in the world -

Post by United We Stand »

FIFA already have a "Fair Play" award and after viewing this I feel that they should invite nominations for a "Respect" award and reward instances of respect/honesty and sportsmanship. Maybe there can be an award for each Confederation (Asia,Africa, Europe etc.) to encourage these positive values in the modern game. It would also promote a positive image for the game to counter the images of players feigning injury and simulation, which the enemies of the game like to dwell on. I would love the "Respect" award to be introduced, despite the fact that negative behaviour will still continue.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

United We Stand wrote:FIFA already have a "Fair Play" award and after viewing this I feel that they should invite nominations for a "Respect" award and reward instances of respect/honesty and sportsmanship. Maybe there can be an award for each Confederation (Asia,Africa, Europe etc.) to encourage these positive values in the modern game. It would also promote a positive image for the game to counter the images of players feigning injury and simulation, which the enemies of the game like to dwell on. I would love the "Respect" award to be introduced, despite the fact that negative behaviour will still continue.

FIFA awarding a trophy for Respect/Honesty - I don't think they have anyone qualified to judge that one. :oops: :shock: 8)
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Post by United We Stand »

Old Master wrote:
United We Stand wrote:FIFA already have a "Fair Play" award and after viewing this I feel that they should invite nominations for a "Respect" award and reward instances of respect/honesty and sportsmanship. Maybe there can be an award for each Confederation (Asia,Africa, Europe etc.) to encourage these positive values in the modern game. It would also promote a positive image for the game to counter the images of players feigning injury and simulation, which the enemies of the game like to dwell on. I would love the "Respect" award to be introduced, despite the fact that negative behaviour will still continue.

FIFA awarding a trophy for Respect/Honesty - I don't think they have anyone qualified to judge that one. :oops: :shock: 8)
I agree with the implication that FIFA is corrupt Old Master, but a "Respect" award would still reward respect/honesty and sportmanship and promote a "positive" image for the game.Perhaps have each FIFA member country voting for what they consider the most worthy recipient.

Ofor Fuxake
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ofor Fuxake »

United We Stand wrote:Perhaps have each FIFA member country voting for what they consider the most worthy recipient.
Isn't that how Qatar got the world cup?
You can lead a horse to water but they are bloody hard to drown.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Ofor Fuxake wrote:
United We Stand wrote:Perhaps have each FIFA member country voting for what they consider the most worthy recipient.
Isn't that how Qatar got the world cup?

No, it was the voting in blocks that got them in.

I doubt either Russia or Qatar would have been given the nod if each country got to vote for their choice.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details