Otkrytie Arena, Russia

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Slide Tackle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Otkrytie Arena, Russia

Post by Slide Tackle »

http://www.the-village.ru/village/city/ ... 19-spartak

Brand new home ground for Spartak Moscow, will also be a venue for 2018 World Cup.

45,000 capacity. Not to bad for a cost 430mil USD, nearly the same price as the World Class Stadium of Adelaide Oval.

Ps, sorry for not posting pics.

Bodø Glímt
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Re: Otkrytie Arena, Russia

Post by Bodø Glímt »

Why is this in the wild west?

Slide Tackle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Slide Tackle »

Bodø Glímt wrote:Why is this in the wild west?

Isn't Wild West for random bull crap :?

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Slide Tackle wrote:http://www.the-village.ru/village/city/ ... 19-spartak

Brand new home ground for Spartak Moscow, will also be a venue for 2018 World Cup.

45,000 capacity. Not to bad for a cost 430mil USD, nearly the same price as the World Class Stadium of Adelaide Oval.

I'm fairly sure wages aren't quite the same is Russia but it is interesting to see what can be built in other countries with the money we spent on Adelaide Oval.

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Stuckey wrote:

I'm fairly sure wages aren't quite the same is Russia but it is interesting to see what can be built in other countries with the money we spent on Adelaide Oval.
It's not comparable, the unions have no where near the hold on the construction industry that they do here.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Black_Panther wrote:
Stuckey wrote:

It's not comparable, the unions have no where near the hold on the construction industry that they do here.
Yeah the unions left Russia in 91.

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Stuckey wrote:
Black_Panther wrote:
Stuckey wrote:I'm fairly sure wages aren't quite the same is Russia but it is interesting to see what can be built in other countries with the money we spent on Adelaide Oval.
Yeah the unions left Russia in 91.
Putin would bury the unions (literally) if they tried to pull the stuff they do here.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Black_Panther wrote: Putin would bury the unions (literally) if they tried to pull the stuff they do here.
:lol: I appreciate everyone wants to work in the safest workplace possible and get paid as much as possible but I do laugh when I hear people in Australia complaining how tough times are for the work force here. Its fairly obvious those people have little to no idea what the rest of the world is like.

wizard
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by wizard »

Stuckey wrote:Yeah the unions left Russia in 91.
I see what you did there.

Russki Claw
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Russki Claw »

Donbass Arena, sadly damaged by the war being waged in Ukraine, The final cost of the project was around $400M.
Been there a few times, better than Adelaide Oval IMO.

http://stadiumdb.com/stadiums/ukr/donbass_arena

Russia will have great stadiums in place for 2018, the issue will be traveling around. Siberian airways or Utair anyone?

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

wizard wrote:
Stuckey wrote:Yeah the unions left Russia in 91.
I see what you did there.
:wink:
Russki Claw wrote:Donbass Arena, sadly damaged by the war being waged in Ukraine, The final cost of the project was around $400M.
Been there a few times, better than Adelaide Oval IMO.

http://stadiumdb.com/stadiums/ukr/donbass_arena

Russia will have great stadiums in place for 2018, the issue will be traveling around. Siberian airways or Utair anyone?
Quite the traveller! Over there for the Euro?

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Juventus Stadium cost just over 100m Euros IIRC, including knocking down the Stadio Delle Alpi. Great stadium now, very atmospheric. Matchday experience is great with the stadium tours, museum and shopping centre (owned by the club) all on the grounds. Eventually the club headquaters will be built next door, plus training facilities, hotel, cinema, etc. Only 10-15 minute drive from the city centre.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Juventino wrote:Juventus Stadium cost just over 100m Euros IIRC, including knocking down the Stadio Delle Alpi. Great stadium now, very atmospheric. Matchday experience is great with the stadium tours, museum and shopping centre (owned by the club) all on the grounds. Eventually the club headquaters will be built next door, plus training facilities, hotel, cinema, etc. Only 10-15 minute drive from the city centre.
:shock: That's insanely cheap! I love see the way stadium use is changing. I can't believe more organisations don't build shopping centres etc around them. Getting people to use stadium more then when the football is on makes huge sense.

Russki Claw
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Russki Claw »

I lived in Russia and Ukraine for 4 years, went to Shaktar Donetsk games at the Donbass as my wife is a Donbass lass and Shaktar fan.
Did attend the Euro, mainly at the Olympiskii in Kyiv, another nice stadium but not as good as teh Donbass arena IMO.

Two best stadiums I have been to personally are Allianz in Munich and the Donbass arena.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Russki Claw wrote:I lived in Russia and Ukraine for 4 years, went to Shaktar Donetsk games at the Donbass as my wife is a Donbass lass and Shaktar fan.
Did attend the Euro, mainly at the Olympiskii in Kyiv, another nice stadium but not as good as teh Donbass arena IMO.

Two best stadiums I have been to personally are Allianz in Munich and the Donbass arena.
What are the worst? I imagine there would be some doozies in that part of the world!

Russki Claw
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Russki Claw »

I have to say that all the stadiums I have been to are pretty good. Arena Khimki in Moscow is smallish but would be a great model for Adelaide.
Besiktas stadium in Istanbul was interesting, probably the worst i have been too, Many broken missing seats (thrown at the ref), crazy fans too!

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Russki Claw wrote:I have to say that all the stadiums I have been to are pretty good. Arena Khimki in Moscow is smallish but would be a great model for Adelaide.
Besiktas stadium in Istanbul was interesting, probably the worst i have been too, Many broken missing seats (thrown at the ref), crazy fans too!
And Adelaide Oval! :wink:
I wish I could have seen a game in Turkey. They say Gala games are insane.

Russki Claw
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Russki Claw »

The passion in Istanbul is up there, my friends there are Gala fans, so will likely get to a game when over next. :)
Adelaide oval is a good stadium, but it was not built to accomodate our game well. For me that is a failure because many stadiums have running tracks, e.g. the Olympiski in Kiev but still offer great viewing. I like AO for AFL, but u know I am not a fan for AU playing there. Coopers is a great football stadium, if they can roof it and fill the corners to make it around 20-22k, it would be ideal.

Looking forward to visiting Russia in 2018 as well!

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Russki Claw wrote:The passion in Istanbul is up there, my friends there are Gala fans, so will likely get to a game when over next. :)
Adelaide oval is a good stadium, but it was not built to accomodate our game well. For me that is a failure because many stadiums have running tracks, e.g. the Olympiski in Kiev but still offer great viewing. I like AO for AFL, but u know I am not a fan for AU playing there. Coopers is a great football stadium, if they can roof it and fill the corners to make it around 20-22k, it would be ideal.

Looking forward to visiting Russia in 2018 as well!
I reckon I might do the same! I've never done Russia but I've always wanted to.

wizard
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by wizard »

I would love to travel through Russia and go to some games.

I love the look of the old concrete stadiums they have.. not sure if they'd be as good to sit in as a bew stadium, but I still like the look!

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Went to Verona in August, the Bentegodi is just one big concrete jungle. Still has pictures of the Italia '90 logo on the stadium perimeter.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Juventino wrote:Went to Verona in August, the Bentegodi is just one big concrete jungle. Still has pictures of the Italia '90 logo on the stadium perimeter.
:lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Russki Claw wrote:Been there a few times, better than Adelaide Oval IMO.

I reckon I could list 20 stadiums better for football than adelaide oval, in fact make it 100.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

God is an Englishman wrote:

I reckon I could list 20 stadiums better for football than adelaide oval, in fact make it 100.
I'd make it 1000s

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Stuckey wrote:

I'd make it 1000s

but someone might call me on it, didn't want to type out 1000's of names

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Stuckey wrote:

I'd make it a few

but someone might call me on it, didn't want to type out 1000's of names
:lol: Good point!