The Tottenham Comedy Show

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

The Tottenham Comedy Show

Post by El Capitano »

Nice One Cyril wrote:What the bloody hell is going on with their defence?

Sad for their great fans, but exceptionally funny for the rest of us. :lol:
Feel Good Inc.

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: The Tottenham Comedy Show

Post by The Kop »

Not that the Liverpool defence is any better…

But I don’t understand how Spurs can appoint a captain, be obliged to play him – because he’s captain, despite him being a bit prone to errors……last season.
Then do the exact same thing with Kaboul this season.

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

The Kop wrote:Not that the Liverpool defence is any better…

But I don’t understand how Spurs can appoint a captain, be obliged to play him – because he’s captain, despite him being a bit prone to errors……last season.
Have to agree, Lloris would have been my choice for captain.

Just a bit hypocritical that a Manchester United fan would bring this up, didn't you guys concede 6 to Leicester?

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Kim Kallstrom wrote:Just a bit hypocritical that a Manchester United fan would bring this up, didn't you guys concede 6 to Leicester?
I was laughing then and I'm laughing now.
Feel Good Inc.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

El Capitano wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:What the bloody hell is going on with their defence?

Sad for their great fans, but exceptionally funny for the rest of us. :lol:
:lol: Touché
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Spurs have bigger problems this season than just their defence IMO. The manager has asked for a high press, which is fine, but our midfield simply doesn't do it all the time, which means time on the ball for the opposition who are able to simply lob the ball over our back four. Added to that, we're playing our wingers (Chadli and Lamela) on the wrong wings, which is OK if they have two feet and can go either way (like Townsend who's left on the bench), but Lamela particularly is very one footed and needs to play on his natural side. This forces us very narrow all the time and makes it easy for defenders to crowd the area in front of the box and win the ball there.

On top of that, we're still somehow picking that lazy, mercenary, ex Goon, sack of shite, Adebarndoor. WTF is that all about? He had one header on Sunday from about 4 yards and scored, but was completely anonymous for the rest of the game. I'm certain he's a Goon plant :wink:

I am however, prepared to give Pochettino some time, unlike Mr Levy I suspect :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Nice One Cyril wrote:

Spurs have bigger problems this season than just their defence IMO. The manager has asked for a high press, which is fine, but our midfield simply doesn't do it all the time, which means time on the ball for the opposition who are able to simply lob the ball over our back four. Added to that, we're playing our wingers (Chadli and Lamela) on the wrong wings, which is OK if they have two feet and can go either way (like Townsend who's left on the bench), but Lamela particularly is very one footed and needs to play on his natural side. This forces us very narrow all the time and makes it easy for defenders to crowd the area in front of the box and win the ball there.

On top of that, we're still somehow picking that lazy, mercenary, ex Goon, sack of shite, Adebarndoor. WTF is that all about? He had one header on Sunday from about 4 yards and scored, but was completely anonymous for the rest of the game. I'm certain he's a Goon plant :wink:

I am however, prepared to give Pochettino some time, unlike Mr Levy I suspect :lol:
Kane for Adebeyor?

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Tottering Hotspurs LOL 17 shots - 2 on target :lol: . Apparently it’s hard playing in Premier league and the Europa, they reckon the kids get a bit tired. Lucky they have no ambition to be a big club. Hope coach du jour Pochettino didn’t take out a long lease on his Edmonton bedsit, might be subletting soon. Who’s next you reckon, shame Warnock has just got a job but De Canio gets my vote anyway. Go Seagulls.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote:Tottering Hotspurs LOL 17 shots - 2 on target :lol: . Apparently it’s hard playing in Premier league and the Europa, they reckon the kids get a bit tired. Lucky they have no ambition to be a big club. Hope coach du jour Pochettino didn’t take out a long lease on his Edmonton bedsit, might be subletting soon. Who’s next you reckon, shame Warnock has just got a job but De Canio gets my vote anyway. Go Seagulls.
It's horrible when you support a club, but don't like their choice of manager, you feel you have to offer tacit support at least. Can't say Poch would have been my preference, but I don't own the place.
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Nice One Cyril wrote: It's horrible when you support a club, but don't like their choice of manager, you feel you have to offer tacit support at least. Can't say Poch would have been my preference, but I don't own the place.
Don't worry, when Wenger finally hangs up his unzippable coat the same managerial merry go round is most likely in store for us. Restless shareholders and impatient fans all looking for the quick fix, which ironically would often be sticking with the first choice and giving them time to build. Can't say I'm looking forward to it.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:Tottering Hotspurs LOL 17 shots - 2 on target :lol: . Apparently it’s hard playing in Premier league and the Europa, they reckon the kids get a bit tired. Lucky they have no ambition to be a big club. Hope coach du jour Pochettino didn’t take out a long lease on his Edmonton bedsit, might be subletting soon. Who’s next you reckon, shame Warnock has just got a job but De Canio gets my vote anyway. Go Seagulls.
It's horrible when you support a club, but don't like their choice of manager, you feel you have to offer tacit support at least. Can't say Poch would have been my preference, but I don't own the place.

Wasn't Pochettino the bloke who made Pinocchio?

Quite funny if you click the spellchecker on his name - it comes up as Pinochet! :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

I'm just wondering when this supposed "partnership" between Spurs and Real Madrid starts benefiting Spurs. You gave them Bale and Modric and they sent Ozil to Arsenal :lol:

Feeder club :arrow:
Feel Good Inc.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

El Capitano wrote:I'm just wondering when this supposed "partnership" between Spurs and Real Madrid starts benefiting Spurs. You gave them Bale and Modric and they sent Ozil to Arsenal :lol:

Feeder club :arrow:
Them sending Ozil to Arsenal was a benefit to us :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

Chumbawumba
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Chumbawumba »

ozzie owl wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

Kane for Adebeyor?
Very true, but it's the pitches fault apparently

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

The clock is ticking for Pochettino. He needs to seriously think about how he's asking the team to play.

Why does he play so bloody negative at home against Stoke FFS? It's almost begging them to come and attack us and our defence is worse than Liverpool's.

The only positives on the weekend were Naughton being banned and Arsenal losing as well.
Danny Blanchflower

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Spurs have no spark. Lallana > daylight > Lamela
Feel Good Inc.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

El Capitano wrote:Spurs have no spark. Lallana > daylight > Lamela
Both on the bench anyway.
Danny Blanchflower

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

El Capitano wrote:Spurs have no spark. Lallana > daylight > Lamela
that's a pretty poor piss-take.

Lallana is the rich man's Tom Cleverly.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan