Euro Champions League 14/15

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Re: Euro Champions League 14/15

Post by Bomber »

Juventino wrote:
Bomber wrote:Let in late equaliser, :evil: . Now must beat Basel in last game and hope Real keep on keeping on.
Doesn't matter what Ludogorets do, you have the head-to-head over them. Liverpool have to beat Basel.
Agreed, although had we kept the lead, a draw would have been enough in the last match.
Ignore this signature

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Bomber wrote:
Juventino wrote:
Bomber wrote:Let in late equaliser, :evil: . Now must beat Basel in last game and hope Real keep on keeping on.
Doesn't matter what Ludogorets do, you have the head-to-head over them. Liverpool have to beat Basel.
Agreed, although had we kept the lead, a draw would have been enough in the last match.
I don't think so. Had we won and drawn the next game, we'd be on 7 points with Basel. Basel would have a better head to head record against us meaning we'd be out. Draw or win today didn't affect us because we still have to win against Basel.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Con M wrote:The penalty on Aguero was warranted, but the triple punishment now for the Bayern defender for that non-violent DOGSO tackle underlines why UEFA is so determined to reduce that DOGSO sanction to a penalty & yellow card.

This issue rightfully currently sits with Laws Board IFAB's Technical committee and will be on IFAB's next AGM. AGAIN.
Yawn.
Cyril, have you got admin's permission to keep on stalkin'?

Next you'll tell us triple punishment isn't in the IFAB working committee's in-tray to sort through before being a formal agenda item AGAIN at the next AGM. Next you'll tell us you're not interested in continuous improvement in the Laws of the Game. Maybe you'd even like the back-pass to the 'keeper rule undone, or go even further back to the horse-and-buggy days of using a rope for a cross-bar.

Back off, Stalker. I'm entitled to express my opinion in a public forum without on-going abuse from you.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

totsreds08 wrote: I don't think so. Had we won and drawn the next game, we'd be on 7 points with Basel. Basel would have a better head to head record against us meaning we'd be out. Draw or win today didn't affect us because we still have to win against Basel.
Table I was looking at had us at 5 points, Basel on 6 but see that it has now been altered to Liverpool at the correct 4 points, so yes indeed, the draw made little difference. Good on Real then!
Ignore this signature

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Con M wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
Con M wrote:The penalty on Aguero was warranted, but the triple punishment now for the Bayern defender for that non-violent DOGSO tackle underlines why UEFA is so determined to reduce that DOGSO sanction to a penalty & yellow card.

This issue rightfully currently sits with Laws Board IFAB's Technical committee and will be on IFAB's next AGM. AGAIN.
Yawn.
Cyril, have you got admin's permission to keep on stalkin'?

Next you'll tell us triple punishment isn't in the IFAB working committee's in-tray to sort through before being a formal agenda item AGAIN at the next AGM. Next you'll tell us you're not interested in continuous improvement in the Laws of the Game. Maybe you'd even like the back-pass to the 'keeper rule undone, or go even further back to the horse-and-buggy days of using a rope for a cross-bar.

Back off, Stalker. I'm entitled to express my opinion in a public forum without on-going abuse from you.
:lol: How is my yawning, stalking you or abusing you? I don't do abuse, if I did, you'd know about it. You're making me sleepy, that's all. :wink:

As for continuous improvement, that's a moot point, not everyone would see it as improvement, merely tinkering for the sake of it.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

N5 1BH wrote:Ha! So much for the Bundesliga, English teams 3 - Germans 0. Scored 10 - conceded 2. Funny what one round can do.
Everton also beat Wolfsburg this morning 0-2
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:Ha! So much for the Bundesliga, English teams 3 - Germans 0. Scored 10 - conceded 2. Funny what one round can do.
Everton also beat Wolfsburg this morning 0-2
You forgot the Spurs result :wink:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Out of interest, how are Man utd getting on?

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Old Redback wrote:Out of interest, how are Man utd getting on?
Feel Good Inc.

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

We'll take it. Got the job done in the end - we tried to go for it and when that didn't happen it was time to see it out.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Juventino wrote:We'll take it. Got the job done in the end - we tried to go for it and when that didn't happen it was time to see it out.
Vidal was lucky to see the second half, a generous ref.
Danny Blanchflower

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Yep, was worthy of a yellow.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Oh well, off to the Europa League thread!
Ignore this signature

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

The Kop wrote:Still should go through.
:lol:
Feel Good Inc.

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

El Capitano wrote:
The Kop wrote:Still should go through.
:lol:
:lol: back at ya

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

I was listening to BR's take on the sending off, where he called it a really disappointing decision by the referee. No mention of being really disappointed in the idiot Markovic who flung out an arm behind him without looking.

Whilst it was undoubtedly soft and the Basel player made way too much of it, how much contact to the face with the hand is acceptable? Can't blame the ref IMO.
Danny Blanchflower

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

Any Liverpool fans thinking of making a good pasta sauce? Oregano is nice but you can't beat Basel

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Rodgers complaining about players going down easy and feigning injury? maybe he'd like to give back all those penalties and free kicks from last year. Sucked in twat now you know how it feels

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Yeah, fuck Liverpool!
Feel Good Inc.

gm_juventino
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by gm_juventino »

Juventino wrote:We'll take it. Got the job done in the end - we tried to go for it and when that didn't happen it was time to see it out.
Agreed. I thought it was a good performance overall. We went out with the right mindset and made a genuine attempt at winning. Atletico did what they had to do. I can't blame them really. Take the result, move on and hope for a good draw. Fingers crossed for Monaco or Porto.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

El Capitano wrote:Yeah, fuck Liverpool!
Tisk tisk, this sort of stuff was usually rerserved for wild west forum.

Someone might be doing 50 Hail Mary's at mass this Sunday.
Ignore this signature

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

Monaco in the last 16....probably the most pleasing result for the boys. Get it done now lads
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Chaos wrote:Monaco in the last 16....probably the most pleasing result for the boys. Get it done now lads
Kissed on the grenache again :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Chaos wrote:Monaco in the last 16....probably the most pleasing result for the boys. Get it done now lads
Finally a bit of luck in the rd of 16 draw mate!

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
I love how everyone just thinks Monaco are rubbish and the result is already done

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Fantastic draw for Arsenal. And Arsenal supporters might even outnumber the Monaco theatre-goers away in Monaco.

With a number of injured stars returning in the new year, hopefully this tie will be a doddle. 4th position again in the EPL will be a doddle after this poor start, and once again Arsenal will be at the top table of the European Champions League in season 2015/2016.

But first things first - with a bit of luck imagine winning the big one, this season's European Champions League Final. That will be bigger than becoming EPL Champions.

Some superb stuff played against Newcastle the other day, with Cazorla's goal & penalty both beauties.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
I love how everyone just thinks Monaco are rubbish and the result is already done
Show me a comment of such from any Gooner, no game is easy in the UCL :roll:

When you have been in the rd of 16 draw 12 years consecutively you're due a bit of luck one day staying away from the big guns :D

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
:lol: nice bait pal but not biting.

Out of interest. How many of the last half a dozen years have we not been knocked out by the eventual finalists? Can't think of too many. Even been beaten by the eventual champions a few times over the last few years I feel.

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
What are you on about? Tell me it is not the most favorable outcome we could have gotten??

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

Good win for Juventus this morning, but I feel it had to be a greater margin to go to Dortmund with any real certainty. Had a few chances that may have extended the lead, while Chiellini's slip led to a crucial away goal. Good thing was Dortmund created few chances all game. We sat deep and didn't allow them to break - we'll need more of the same in three weeks time.