Grella on his way to Inter

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Giallorossi
Squad Player
Squad Player

Grella on his way to Inter

Post by Giallorossi »

Inter are ready to sign Vincenzo Grella once his contract with Parma expires at the conclusion of the present campaign.

The Nerazzurri are keen to net the Australian at the end of the season seeing as he will be available on a free transfer.

Inter, who signed Olivier Dacourt from Roma and Real Madrid’s Esteban Cambiasso in similar circumstances, have allegedly been in contact with his representative.

The 27-year-old will be free to talk to any interested parties after January 2 with regard to a summer switch.

Grella has been in Italy since October 1998 after he impressed in a trial with Tuscan minnows Empoli.

He then spent 18 months on loan at Ternana before returning to the Castellani where he started to impress.

The Melbourne-born player, who has also starred for Canberra Cosmos and Carlton, joined Parma in August 2004.

Torino, Juventus and Lazio have also been associated with the man who appeared at Germany 2006 with Australia

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

The word is that Parma want to offload him in the January window, so they at least get some funds for him. However, I'm sure they would want to keep him to try and avoid relegation.

If he stays and Parma are relegated, he will definitely leave.

MSSC Blue Eagles
2011 Division 3 Champions

aussie_ascoli
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by aussie_ascoli »

If anyone will buy him its Torino. they are looking for a defensive midfiefer.

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

To be captain after only 2 and a half years at parma is impressive. Grella will move to inter as they are a top club and he'll play champions league not to mention winning the scudetto.

But who wants to see one of our Socceroos play for Inter.

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by povman_2009 »

I would for, one, I have no issue with Socceroos choice of clubs in Europe , the bigger the better as they get more experience under more pressure. Go Vince...

manU4life
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by manU4life »

would like to see him in the premier league getting stuck in but doesnt look possible,wish him all the best wherever he goes

SILENT P
Star Player
Star Player

Post by SILENT P »

I don't think Grella would suit the EPL, better for him to stay in the serie A.

manU4life
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by manU4life »

i think he would suit, its a tough no-nonsense league and i think he'd fit in anyones centre of the park playing the makalele role

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

manU4life wrote:i think he would suit, its a tough no-nonsense league and i think he'd fit in anyones centre of the park playing the makalele role
what makes you think the epl is tougher than serie a?

grella is much better suited to italy :roll:

mind you there are many classy, no nonsense, solid, holding midfielders in italy.

manU4life
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by manU4life »

getborn wrote:
manU4life wrote:i think he would suit, its a tough no-nonsense league and i think he'd fit in anyones centre of the park playing the makalele role

mind you there are many classy, no nonsense, solid, holding midfielders in italy.
please tell me where i wrote the epl is tougher than serie a?? all i said is that he would suit the EPL game and why i thought he would

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

manU4life wrote:
getborn wrote:

please tell me where i wrote the epl is tougher than serie a?? all i said is that he would suit the EPL game and why i thought he would
fair enough.

well imo he would suit the italian league for exactly the same reasons.

i find it hard to see grella in the epl...

manU4life
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by manU4life »

getborn wrote:
manU4life wrote:
getborn wrote:

fair enough.

well imo he would suit the italian league for exactly the same reasons.

i find it hard to see grella in the epl...
obviously he does suit the italian game or he wouldnt be touted as a inter target and he wouldnt be doing so well at parma. i dont find it hard to see him in the EPL but is it likely....no

aussie_ascoli
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by aussie_ascoli »

aussie_ascoli wrote:If anyone will buy him its Torino. they are looking for a defensive midfiefer.
My suspisions with Grella are right. Torino may make a direct exchange deal with Parma for Grella. It may be Fiore, or Barone

First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by 10 »

i'm with you mu4life, i think he would be well suited to the premier league and slot in nicely.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt" - Bill Shankly

aussie_ascoli
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by aussie_ascoli »

Palermo have contacted Parma about Grella. Its strange seeing Palermo already have 3 established defensive midfielders. So i'm thinking this may be a replacement option for Corini whose 36 (however he's been one of their best players).

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

they jus keep following eachother don't they, Grella and Bresciano.

aussie_ascoli
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by aussie_ascoli »

aussie_ascoli wrote:If anyone will buy him its Torino. they are looking for a defensive midfiefer.
I will look smart if it goes through :D

Probably not, i'm forever dumb :cry:

Juventino
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Juventino »

What has happened to Barone?

aussie_ascoli
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by aussie_ascoli »

juventino_4_ever wrote:What has happened to Barone?
Well i assume he'll still be with Torino, but if the deal is sealed with Grella, he may be moving, or he may still compete for that role at Torino. Same goes for Ascentis. Maybe if Torino continued with a almost 3 man DM like last season Barone-Grella-Corini will fit nicely. But honestly they'll probably play with 2 central. However Novellino was at times playing 3 centrally at Samp. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.
In all honesty the system last season at Torino didn't work - they lacked the passing game centrally, relying on Comotto and Rosina far to much.

Giallorossi
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Giallorossi »

is the grella to torino signing confirmed or rumours?

sepultura
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sepultura »

wether he stays or goes elsewhere, he would need to take with him........

his speech therapist.

hes an average player.

Giallorossi
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Giallorossi »

sepultura Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:24 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

his speech therapist.

hes an average player.
grella is a very talented player and woudl like to see him go to a bigger european club.

aussie_ascoli
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by aussie_ascoli »

on the ball wrote:
sepultura Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:24 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

his speech therapist.

hes an average player.
grella is a very talented player and woudl like to see him go to a bigger european club.
Grella is my fav player, and is very talented, and IMO the most important player in the Australian team. However in Italy he's simply a extremely solid player. It would be hard to see him at a big club cause there are many players ahead of him in the pecking order. Thats the problem with being a defensive midfielder in Italy, the country produces and attracts the best defensive midfielders in the world. Places like Spain and especially England, the style of play does not suit a "mediano" and Grella would struggle. Torino would be a nice club for him, cause its a mid-table club, with the ability to put good seasons in, and give shock results.
In saying that if he does go to a bigger club, i hope he works to the first team, cause i believe he's a solid player.

Giallorossi
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Giallorossi »

Socceroos coach Graham Arnold has given Vince Grella a two-day Asian Cup leave pass as the out-of-contract Parma midfield enforcer ponders whether to reunite with national team-mate Mark Bresciano at Palermo or instead join ambitious Torino.

> Socceroos Asian Cup squad photo gallery
Juventus, with former Parma coach Claudio Ranieri just appointed, and West Ham are also in the mix, with Grella giving himself until Friday to decide his next move.

“This isn’t like going out and buying a pair of shoes – it’s the most important move of my career and I have to get it right,â€￾ Grella said from his home in Italy.

“It looks like I’m staying in Italy but you never know.â€￾

“Graham Arnold understands that and he knows I’ve been keeping myself fit with extra training and that he can trust me to do the right thing.â€￾

“I’m 27 now and I’m keen to get things sorted and get out to the Asian Cup.â€￾

Grella will arrive in Singapore for the Socceroos Asian Cup preparation camp on Saturday night.

Moneybags West Ham are monitoring the situation and could yet make a late bid for the crisp-tackling, smooth-passing Parma skipper with Lucas Neill praising Grella’s qualities to club management.

“I’d love to play in the Premiership but if Italian clubs rate me higher than the English so be it. I won’t be going begging to anybody,â€￾ Grella explained.

“Maybe in two years time I could move on again to an even bigger club. My career is far from over - I’m just warming up.â€￾

Grella is taken aback by all the commotion, insisting his performances for perennial strugglers Parma, who escaped relegation on the final day, were far from his best.

“If I’m honest, it was a really hot and cold season for me,â€￾ he admitted. “I had all sorts of injury niggles but now they are hopefully behind me.â€￾

Torino, who finished just one place above the drop zone last season, have hatched ambitious plans to be among the front-runners in 2007-08, and are slight favourites to get Grella although linking up again with best mate Bresciano could tempt him to Palermo.

The pair have previously played together at Carlton, Empoli and Parma.

Inter_boy;)
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Inter_boy;) »

it would be good to see grella at inter, coz he's an aussie & a gun, but i think torino or palermo are the more likely destinations & i dont think he would start for inter.