TV rights money

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

TV rights money

Post by Stuckey »

Considering what the Bundeliga are earning I don't understand why we can't get their games here in Australia too often.

I really see that league as the growth area for the future and I think a network jumping on board soon would be smart. FTA channel would be great!!

This also highlights the strange hold Barca and Real have on La Liga. Plus how pathetic the mid-table EPL clubs are in Europe considering the lowest EPL club makes what Bayern and PSG make combined!

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Re: TV rights money

Post by ozzie owl »

Bottom placed Cardiff got almost double 3rd placed Valencia.

wizard
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by wizard »

And the Spanish of "free for all" TV right model is what some of the bigger English clubs want.

The FA can't let it happen, or you'll get the same result as in Spain now. 3-4 clubs getting all the money and everyone else missing out.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

wizard wrote:And the Spanish of "free for all" TV right model is what some of the bigger English clubs want.

The FA can't let it happen, or you'll get the same result as in Spain now. 3-4 clubs getting all the money and everyone else missing out.
I agree but don't worry the big EPL clubs will pressure the FA, lets hope they don't buckle like they have in the past.

MG&Son
Star Player
Star Player

Post by MG&Son »

WTF do all these middle to bottom premier league clubs do with all that money?

If ye cannae dae the bouncy you're a Tim!
If ye cannae dae the bouncy you're a Tim!
If ye cannae dae the bouncy, cannae dae the bouncy,
Cannae dae the bouncy you're a Tim!

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

MG&Son wrote:WTF do all these middle to bottom premier league clubs do with all that money?

Blow it on overpaid players trying to survive.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

SUPPLY AND DEMAND - it's a simple concept really

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Getting back to the topic - I'd prefer to see the Bundesliga matches on 'free to air TV' as they play a great brand of football not the fast and furious EPL style.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Napoli
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Napoli »

Is this really comparing apples with apples though? Are the costs of having a team in the EPL (excluding player wages) the same as other leagues? How can all these EPL teams not be kicking ass in all European comps?

I guess attracting players to a top 10/15 players as opposed to a top 4 in another league will always be harder and require top dollar to the players for them to come....

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Napoli wrote:Is this really comparing apples with apples though? Are the costs of having a team in the EPL (excluding player wages) the same as other leagues? How can all these EPL teams not be kicking ass in all European comps?
Obviously not all the EPL clubs can play in Europe but IMO it shows that clubs like Everton and Tottenham should be dominating when they play in the Europa league.