Arsenal 2018/2019

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Arsenal 2014/2015

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote:Coquelain had one good game and all of a sudden we don't need a proper defensive mid, he is not the answer. After that display it is clear we need an on field leader and quick.

Giroud, Mertesacker, Ospina not good enough. Too many changes. Too many players have to play out of position to accomodate Ozil, Welbeck isn't a winger and Cazorla is a brilliant attacking mid but try as he might is a pretty ordinary defensive midfielder. Wenger needs to get a set structure happening and stick to it coz half the time it looks like no one knows what they are doing
Join the club. Pochettino still doesn't understand where to play his players. Our best player by a mile, is Eriksen, so where does he put him half the time? Out on the bloody left wing, whilst a decent left footed player in Lamela is made to play on the right.

Who'd be a manager?
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

N5 1BH wrote:Coquelain had one good game and all of a sudden we don't need a proper defensive mid, he is not the answer. After that display it is clear we need an on field leader and quick.

Giroud, Mertesacker, Ospina not good enough. Too many changes. Too many players have to play out of position to accomodate Ozil, Welbeck isn't a winger and Cazorla is a brilliant attacking mid but try as he might is a pretty ordinary defensive midfielder. Wenger needs to get a set structure happening and stick to it coz half the time it looks like no one knows what they are doing
Agree with Coquelain + I am waiting for him to get sent off as he jumps into tackles all the time

When oh when is Wenger going to accept that Mertesacker is a total and utter liability to our defence? Totally off the pace again, made to look amateurish and second rate. EVERYONE keeps telling Wenger that we need a new central defender but he is so obstinate and stubborn that he refuses to accept the truth! Finally, we signed Gabriel who looked good in the FA Cup last rd but Wenger refuses to push Per to one side. Gabriel must be sitting there thinking 'I was in the best form of my career in La Liga but now I've got to sit here & watch a donkey play week in week out'

Take a leaf out of Joachim Löw book Mr Wenger. Per started for Germany in the WC, after the group stage Joachim seen the writing on the wall, dropped him to the bench never to be seen again until 5mins to go in the final.

Santi has looked very good in a more central role (wouldn't be surprised if he wins our player of the year) but it isn't going to work long term if he doesn't have that leader/enforcer in the middle of the park with him
Ospina - Bring back Wazza!! 3rd goal he should of saved. He is to small & does not dominate his area
Giroud - Worst game in a Red shirt. If he tucked his chances (7 or 8 of them) it would of been a totally different story.
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

Thierry Henry currently taking all the required steps to get his managing tickets and licenses. Also been quoted to say that managing Arsenal would be his dream job....
Thoughts??
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Chaos wrote:Thierry Henry currently taking all the required steps to get his managing tickets and licenses. Also been quoted to say that managing Arsenal would be his dream job....
Thoughts??
Great footballer and gives pretty intelligent analysis on TV. Against that, he's a surrender monkey and a Goon.

Might be OK.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

All of a sudden that's 7wins on the spin and playing some really good football too. That was in replacement for the treatment we were handed by them at their patch last season. Some top quality finishes too.
COYG. Give this title race a real shake by knocking Chelsea off too please

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Chaos wrote:All of a sudden that's 7wins on the spin and playing some really good football too. That was in replacement for the treatment we were handed by them at their patch last season. Some top quality finishes too.
Could see us getting a touch up last night. You guys played well but how different could it have been if Markovic his sterling with that pass..

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

Very true. Although totally against the run of play, had Markovic shot rather than slide the pass it may well have been different.
Three at the back cost Liverpool, as it has done against top sides before us this season. Especially with Toure and Sakho amongst Arsenals best players. They were woeful.

Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Big Mac »

totsreds08 wrote:
Chaos wrote:All of a sudden that's 7wins on the spin and playing some really good football too. That was in replacement for the treatment we were handed by them at their patch last season. Some top quality finishes too.
Could see us getting a touch up last night. You guys played well but how different could it have been if Markovic his sterling with that pass..
4-2
Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

totsreds08 wrote:
But prior to that duff up, Mingolet kept u in it with saves from Santi & Ramsey. Same same!!

World Cup hangover killed us!! We won 1 in the first 6, gave Chelski to big head start

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Chaos wrote:Very true. Although totally against the run of play, had Markovic shot rather than slide the pass it may well have been different.
Three at the back cost Liverpool, as it has done against top sides before us this season. Especially with Toure and Sakho amongst Arsenals best players. They were woeful.
An entertaining game in which I thought both defences were woeful, just that Arsenal were better going forward. Mignolet made a couple of decent saves but was then completely in the wrong spot for Ozil's free kick. Difference for me was Sanchez, I had hoped he'd be the new Arshavin, but sadly he looks more like Aguero.
Danny Blanchflower

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Chaos wrote:Very true. Although totally against the run of play, had Markovic shot rather than slide the pass it may well have been different.
An entertaining game in which I thought both defences were woeful, just that Arsenal were better going forward. Mignolet made a couple of decent saves but was then completely in the wrong spot for Ozil's free kick. Difference for me was Sanchez, I had hoped he'd be the new Arshavin, but sadly he looks more like Aguero.
Surely your having a laugh. When was arsenals defences upset? The penalty?? I say brilliant attacking footwork from sterling. Other than that hardly troubled whatsoever after Markovic and his break through, which again, was a smart move...

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by maxin in the shade »

haywood djablowme wrote:
totsreds08 wrote:
But prior to that duff up, Mingolet kept u in it with saves from Santi & Ramsey. Same same!!

World Cup hangover killed us!! We won 1 in the first 6, gave Chelski to big head start
makes you wonder just what might have been had we gotten off to a better start

Giroud has been absolutely fantastic recently. Hes only now starting to get the credit his play deserves

Giroud has become increasingly prolific with each passing season, culminating in a 2014-15 campaign in which he has managed 0.94 goals every 90 minutes. While the nation's pundits have been falling over themselves in praise of young Tottenham striker Harry Kane, it has largely gone unnoticed that Giroud currently has an identical goals per game ratio. What's more, the stats suggest he is a more complete player, with a higher frequency of both chance creation and assists.
Gradual improvement does not make as many headlines as a sudden arrival on the scene, but Giroud can no longer be ignored in the Premier League. Only four players have scored more league goals than the Frenchman's 14 this season (Sergio Aguero, Harry Kane, Diego Costa and Charlie Austin). Given that he missed three months with a fractured leg, that's a superb achievement.

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

:D :D :D :D :D :D

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Chaos wrote::D :D :D :D :D :D
Yes mate very :D
Another 2 assists to Ozil :D

Spewin United couldn't knock off Chelski

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

We weren't great and Reading made us work for it fair play to them. Thankfully the luck and decisions went our way, who'd be a keeper eh.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote:We weren't great and Reading made us work for it fair play to them. Thankfully the luck and decisions went our way, who'd be a keeper eh.
First time in my life, I'll be cheering for bloody Villa :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:We weren't great and Reading made us work for it fair play to them. Thankfully the luck and decisions went our way, who'd be a keeper eh.
Been a good week or so for Sherwood all up, wonder which win was the sweeter.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
Been a good week or so for Sherwood all up, wonder which win was the sweeter.
The final win will be the sweetest :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Back to the Arkaba second year running for the cup final, great night out, plenty of raffle prizes up for grabs.......Decent prices on drinks.... :D :D :D :D :D :D
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

20 years on, and can continue to cheer this. I was too busy to post yesterday even though I did look on here but.

Happy St Totteringham day NOC and your fellow spud buddy's :D

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Chaos wrote:20 years on, and can continue to cheer this. I was too busy to post yesterday even though I did look on here but.

Is it that time already, I didn't get your card? Need to start planning for next season :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

Well played sir :wink:

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Chaos wrote:20 years on, and can continue to cheer this. I was too busy to post yesterday even though I did look on here but.

Is it that time already, I didn't get your card? Need to start planning for next season :wink:
Gentleman, whilst on the topic about the Spuds.. shall we :lol: or feel :oops: for Cyril :wink:

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

haywood djablowme wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

Gentleman, whilst on the topic about the Spuds.. shall we :lol: or feel :oops: for Cyril :wink:
It's not all bad, they'll get good money for Harry Kane next year.....

But then look what they did with the Bale dosh :lol:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote:
haywood djablowme wrote:Gentleman, whilst on the topic about the Spuds.. shall we :lol: or feel :oops: for Cyril :wink:
It's not all bad, they'll get good money for Harry Kane next year.....

But then look what they did with the Bale dosh :lol:
We've already put an offer in for Mertesacker :wink:

UTV :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Good home win to finish off the EPL season

Good to see the two W's playing well, scoring two cracking goals and getting back to full fitness. Hopefully they start next season at 100%

now for the FA Cup final....

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Watching Gabriel in the handful of games he played, I'm very positive he & Kozzie will form a great CB partnership next year & beyond

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

haywood djablowme wrote:Watching Gabriel in the handful of games he played, I'm very positive he & Kozzie will form a great CB partnership next year & beyond
they seem very similiar in the way they play

your right though, i can see them becoming a great CB duo for Arsenal in the years to come

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Should work well with Chambers as back up. Now if we offload Mertsacker, Arteta & Flamini plus all our keepers then bring in a decent keeper for once with one more centre back and a strong holding midfielder we should be set for a push at the title next year.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

N5 1BH wrote:Should work well with Chambers as back up. Now if we offload Mertsacker, Arteta & Flamini plus all our keepers then bring in a decent keeper for once with one more centre back and a strong holding midfielder we should be set for a push at the title next year.
Cech & Sami will fit the bill & both going for free, Wengers type of business