Arsenal 2018/2019

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Arsenal 2014/2015

Post by haywood djablowme »

Judge Judy wrote:Any strikers going to come in?
Hope so mate.
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by maxin in the shade »

i just dont understand why Wenger waits till the last minute of the window to sign someone up

hes known for months exactly what kind of player Arsenal have needed yet has (seemingly) sat on his hands waiting

we couldve had Remy weeks ago - and we let him move to Chelsea

i just hope he has a few signings up his sleeve cause after last night, we're gonna need more depth to challenge

finishing top 4 isnt good enough anymore

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Welbeck in his 25 appearances in the league last year, he scored 8 times in 13 games when playing up front but only 1 in 12 when playing wide.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Why have Arsenal got a kiddies toy green dragon as their mascot?

Like a bottle of shiraz kindergarten at the Emirates :lol:

C'mon City :wink:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Oh, and Wilshere with a shocking dive, worse than Ashley Young :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Nice One Cyril wrote:Oh, and Wilshere with a shocking dive, worse than Ashley Young :lol:
Don't remember any dive to speak of but the handball was as obvious as it gets, linesman must of had something in his eye at the time. Them's the breaks I suppose

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Tricky trip to Germany this week, hopefully Wenger rotates the squad as we looked flat last 10mins of the citeh game

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Ozil copping plenty of criticism for his performance v Man City

But why play him out wide on the left?

and how bad was the defending for Man City's second goal?

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

His form at the moment is a big concern, as is the Debuchy injury.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Derek wrote:His form at the moment is a big concern, as is the Debuchy injury.
Told you he was the new Arshavin :lol:

Like a Roman Candle, burns brightly for a minute or so, then fizzes out, never to be sighted again :wink:

Debuchy just unlucky.
Danny Blanchflower

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Ozil is a world class player. Something not right with him though and his confidence looks shot to bits.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Derek wrote:Ozil is a world class player. Something not right with him though and his confidence looks shot to bits.
He is in a world class team like Germany where he can swan around. Put him amongst the average players at the Emirates and he doesn't work hard enough IMO.

Got some great touches, but I'm not sure the EPL suits him.
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Very sloppy first half performance, you cant let someone pick up the ball in their half & go unchallenged to score! We deserve to be 1 nil down. No rythem at all

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Terrible game and totally exposed. Either wneger needs to get Ozil in the middle or drop him......also Arteta is done.

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Our defending was WOEFUL!

What kind of cr@p were those goals?
Not good enough for Arsenal – plain and simple.

I can stick up for my team all I want but the facts are facts. We need more defenders and a defensive mid. For this I blame Wenger.
Sad to say but hes known for ages that we’ve needed reinforcements and did NOTHING over the transfer window!

Ozil had another quiet game. The fans patience are wearing thin and rightly so.
Hes just not doing enough to warrant his place in the starting 11.

I reckon he’ll be dropped for the game v Aston Villa which all of a sudden becomes a huge game for us

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

A couple of quotes from a match report which pretty much sums it up:

For the second time in two matches Danny Welbeck illustrated why his finishing is considered below par for a top forward by failing to convert a one-on-one with a goalkeeper.

Had he scored it would have been a grave injustice, however, given that Arsenal's back four were tormented throughout in a display that will see Arsene Wenger face renewed criticism for refusing to sign defensive reinforcements over the summer.

&

At times they were comically poor with Laurent Koscielny and Per Mertesacker fully culpable, although they were offered little protection by Mikel Arteta, who was also exposed by the quick wits of Dortmund.

And in front of Arteta, Mesut Ozil once again drifted around aimlessly, contributing nothing until his second-half withdrawal.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Mertesacker ?? Still pissed off we passed up Cahill when offered and then paid more for him.

The general consensus seems to be that Ozil is a luxury we can't afford, if so lets not let it linger. Sort out a move for him in January, no harm done, no hard feelings. That will make room to bring in what we all know we need, it's not like it isn't obvious.

Forgot to add, while I'm on a German theme. What is the point of Podolski ? finally gets a chance to get off his arse and play but can't because he can't find his shinpad. Is he f#cking serious ?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

At least I enjoyed the game! :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Has Mertesacker got slower with age ?? The 2nd goal this morning, easy ball over his head, he turned like a bus & then didnt even give chase cause he knew he was beaten :oops: Chambers should slot in along Laurant, showed enuff early on that he can play there & push Flamini out to RB during Debuchy lay off. Won't happen though, Wenger will keep playing the donkey & Chambers RB :evil:

No rotation, looked flat already.. same line up as Citeh game other than forced changes. Still havent seen Rosicky, Campbell, Podolski. Ox looked lively when on for the last 25, should start this week against Villa. Santi looked nothing the player he is

Wengers lack of activity in key area's window after window is nothing new to us, as a gooner im use to it & jealous of other clubs ambition in the market. One shocking decision Wenger did make this summer thou was appoint Arteta as captain, 3 years to late! Arteta should not be getting a game for us not even a spot on the bench. He is passed his use by date & showed that again this morning. Flamini put in a good shift against Citeh, yet only made the bench this morning for Arteta to return..

Worst performance I have watched us play inEurope for a long time, hopefully forces Wenger in to making some tough decisions that could pay off for us in the future

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:Has Mertesacker got slower with age ?? The 2nd goal this morning, easy ball over his head, he turned like a bus & then didnt even give chase cause he knew he was beaten :oops: Chambers should slot in along Laurant, showed enuff early on that he can play there & push Flamini out to RB during Debuchy lay off. Won't happen though, Wenger will keep playing the donkey & Chambers RB :evil:

No rotation, looked flat already.. same line up as Citeh game other than forced changes. Still havent seen Rosicky, Campbell, Podolski. Ox looked lively when on for the last 25, should start this week against Villa. Santi looked nothing the player he is

Wengers lack of activity in key area's window after window is nothing new to us, as a gooner im use to it & jealous of other clubs ambition in the market. One shocking decision Wenger did make this summer thou was appoint Arteta as captain, 3 years to late! Arteta should not be getting a game for us not even a spot on the bench. He is passed his use by date & showed that again this morning. Flamini put in a good shift against Citeh, yet only made the bench this morning for Arteta to return..

Worst performance I have watched us play inEurope for a long time, hopefully forces Wenger in to making some tough decisions that could pay off for us in the future
:lol: Love it.

You're finally coming around to my way of thinking. The whole team is shite :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

seems like there's no need for me to slag off Ozil anymore as the gooners are doing it themselves :lol:

Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Big Mac »

Nice One Cyril wrote:At least I enjoyed the game! :wink:
I imagine you would enjoy watching poor football....your used to it.
Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Big Mac wrote:
I always enjoy watching the Goons play rubbish, and it's 'you're'. Learn how to use an apostrophe please. :wink:

Just watched the Real v Basel game, Madrid look awesome, with Modric pulling the strings.
Danny Blanchflower

Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Big Mac »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Big Mac wrote:
I always enjoy watching the Goons play rubbish, and it's 'you're'. Learn how to use an apostrophe please. :wink:

Just watched the Real v Basel game, Madrid look awesome, with Modric pulling the strings.
Youv resorted to watching you're ex players now for you're fix of Champions League?
Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Why didn't Wenger get Cesc for 30m less whatever the buy-back deal was?
Probably would have been missing link in midfield.

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

The Kop wrote:Why didn't Wenger get Cesc for 30m less whatever the buy-back deal was?
cause Wenger said we had enough players already for the position that Cesc would play in

I dont care. hes a world class player who loves Arsenal - bring him back and sell off some of the other 'deadwood' players we have

Why doesnt Rosicky get more of a run? He may be ageing but he brings a wealth of experience and creativity.
Why is Cazorla on the bench? Again, a creative player going forward who always looks lively.
Why doesnt Campbell get a go? Why keep him if hes never gonna get any minutes?

Still early on in the season and theres still plenty of football to be played, but it just seems like its the 'same ol, same ol' with Arsenal while everyone else progresses and moves forward

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Wilshere out?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Big Mac wrote:Youv resorted to watching you're ex players now for you're fix of Champions League?
:lol: very droll

Don't meet many Goons with a sense of humour, not generally intelligent enough :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

The Kop wrote:Why didn't Wenger get Cesc for 30m less whatever the buy-back deal was?
There's a few 'missing links' at The Emirates :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

No strikers, no defenders and your best defensive mid is Sanchez.

Dortmund's B team had a lot of pace and we all know pace kills Arsenal.
Feel Good Inc.