Arsenal 2018/2019

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Arsenal 2014/2015

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Con M wrote:How the faark did Eric Dier not get a second yellow for grabbing Giroud's shirt, forcing him to ground? Right under the ref's nose.

Totally changed the end-game.
Giroud should have been booked for smacking poor Eric across the face and Bellerin should have gone minutes later.

Face it, Arsenal got completely outplayed were very lucky to scrape a draw. Ospina picked a bad game to play a blinder :(
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Con M wrote:How the faark did Eric Dier not get a second yellow for grabbing Giroud's shirt, forcing him to ground? Right under the ref's nose.

Giroud should have been booked for smacking poor Eric across the face and Bellerin should have gone minutes later.

Face it, Arsenal got completely outplayed were very lucky to scrape a draw. Ospina picked a bad game to play a blinder :(
Looked at it a few times and think you're clutching at straws NOC.

Think the ref would have left the ground with a nice plain brown envelope stuffed with fivers :P
Time for some righteous indignation

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Stitch This wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

Looked at it a few times and think you're clutching at straws NOC.

Think the ref would have left the ground with a nice plain brown envelope stuffed with fivers :P
We're not as cheap as Chelsea, we gave him twenties :wink:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Stitch This wrote:Think the ref would have left the ground with a nice plain brown envelope stuffed with fivers :P
We're not as cheap as Chelsea, we gave him twenties :wink:
:lol:

I think Chelsea forgot the envelope this week.
Time for some righteous indignation

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Nice One Cyril wrote:

Cyril, Cyril, Cyril happy to pass judgment on referees in the State League but not when it comes to your beloved Spurs.. this ring a bell - it's meant to be a physical game for men FFS.

Dier should of gone - clear as day, would of it changed the outcome?? - maybe either way as Arsenal would of opened up for the last 15mins maybe opening the door for your boys or we could of nicked a winner. It's more Dier should be missing the next game (as Coq is) & that could be where it effects you more as he has been one of your stand outs this year

Yes you outplayed us, but Wenger in his tactics allowed that to occur.. I would be more worried that you couldn't beat us with 10 men for 30 minutes in a game touted as your big chance to finally overtake your biggest rivals
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by maxin in the shade »

came into this game on the back of three consecutive losses

confidence/belief etc would have surely been down

we went down to 10 men

conceded 2 goals within 2 minutes

Spurs with all the momentum, the lead and a man up (not to mention not having a player sent off - clear second yellow for the foul on giroud)

and still couldn't beat us on your home turf

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

Cyril, Cyril, Cyril happy to pass judgment on referees in the State League but not when it comes to your beloved Spurs.. this ring a bell - it's meant to be a physical game for men FFS.

Dier should of gone - clear as day, would of it changed the outcome?? - maybe either way as Arsenal would of opened up for the last 15mins maybe opening the door for your boys or we could of nicked a winner. It's more Dier should be missing the next game (as Coq is) & that could be where it effects you more as he has been one of your stand outs this year

Yes you outplayed us, but Wenger in his tactics allowed that to occur.. I would be more worried that you couldn't beat us with 10 men for 30 minutes in a game touted as your big chance to finally overtake your biggest rivals
:lol: :lol: I did type that with a smile on my face I must admit. As soon as Dier did that, we all said he's gone, and he should have done. Mind you, the ref evened it up not long after because Bellerin should also have gone.

I think we were considerably the better team, but it came down to the keepers IMO. Ospina played a blinder and kept out a couple that he probably had no right to save and Lloris let in two that he got hands to and would probably save on another day. Was a good finish by Sanchez though, I've always told my lad to hit it first time so the keeper can't get his feet set and that's exactly what happened.

Overall, not the result either club wanted, especially with Leicester winning.
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Settle for a draw in the knowledge spuds blew their shot at glory. Playmakers coming back soon, form just around the corner and the scum have a harder run in.

More pressing though what will the authorities do to stop brutal assaults like this:

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/6nae.mp4

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote:Settle for a draw in the knowledge spuds blew their shot at glory. Playmakers coming back soon, form just around the corner and the scum have a harder run in.

More pressing though what will the authorities do to stop brutal assaults like this:

:lol: Yeah, we laughed at that as well. South Americans for you.
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

N5 1BH wrote:Settle for a draw in the knowledge spuds blew their shot at glory. Playmakers coming back soon, form just around the corner and the scum have a harder run in.

Smart move was made by Poch, taking the dirty argy off a minute later.. Wenger failed to see that his French counterpart was running around like a headless chock & kept him on the park to let his team mates, fans & club down! Should of dragged Coq at half time instead of warning him.

1 nil to Poch on the night

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Excellent result. Hopefully the replay goes to extra time and penalties and Hull win :lol:
[/quote]

4 zip to the Arsenal

Not sure why Wenger doesnt give some of the guys out there this morning more of a run in BPL matches, instead of playing the same players time & time again till they fall over injured

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Just a lazy 4 goals at faraway Hull (2 Giroud, 2 Walcott) that Arsenal haters wouldn't have liked. Could have done without the injuries though.

ESPN do a reasonable job of the broadcast.

ps, bit o' trivia for a Sunday Mail column that a not nice forumite could pass on to Ben Hook. An Arsenal player with the name ADELAIDE on his back.

Ronnie Chiggs
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Ronnie Chiggs »

Con M wrote:An Arsenal player with the name ADELAIDE on his back.
You've mentioned this a few times... it would appear no one cares.
No-one is innocent

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Con M wrote:Just a lazy 4 goals at faraway Hull (2 Giroud, 2 Walcott) that Arsenal haters wouldn't have liked. Could have done without the injuries though.

ps, bit o' trivia for a Sunday Mail column that a not nice forumite could pass on to Ben Hook. An Arsenal player with the name ADELAIDE on his back.
Injuries to Mertesacker and Paulista are not going to hurt you, they're both terrible, but Ramsey might. Enjoy the extra fixtures!

I'm sure Hooky will be blown away by the stupendous news when I tell him. I'll mention it on his backswing. When will you be available for a press conference Con? :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Injuries to Mertesacker and Paulista are not going to hurt you, they're both terrible, but Ramsey might. Enjoy the extra fixtures!

I'm sure Hooky will be blown away by the stupendous news when I tell him. I'll mention it on his backswing. When will you be available for a press conference Con? :lol:
Thanks for your opinion Cyril & the extra games are great to watch as a supporter :wink:
Mertesacker is only a cut above the eye so he will be good to go, Gabby & Rambo are both muscular so will be missing some game time. Injuries come hand in hand with football & we all cant be as lucky as Spurs have been over the last 12 months.. cant wait for the likes of Kane, Alli, Alderweireld, Eriksen to fall over as your teams position will fall just as fast

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Ronnie Biggs wrote:
Con M wrote:An Arsenal player with the name ADELAIDE on his back.
You've mentioned this a few times... it would appear no one cares.
Get fornicated, chicken-hearted pseudonyming yourself after Ronald Biggs, violent train robber. Hook has called for (only) good-news stories for his trivia column. This would suit him right down to the ground.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

Thanks for your opinion Cyril & the extra games are great to watch as a supporter :wink:
Mertesacker is only a cut above the eye so he will be good to go, Gabby & Rambo are both muscular so will be missing some game time. Injuries come hand in hand with football & we all cant be as lucky as Spurs have been over the last 12 months.. cant wait for the likes of Kane, Alli, Alderweireld, Eriksen to fall over as your teams position will fall just as fast
We've had Vertonghen out for a while and a few other fairly short term injuries, but the Goons seem to have injury problems every year. Maybe they're not fit enough?

Leicester have been the really lucky ones with injuries, hardly lost any players at all.
Danny Blanchflower

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Con M wrote:Just a lazy 4 goals at faraway Hull (2 Giroud, 2 Walcott) that Arsenal haters wouldn't have liked. Could have done without the injuries though.

Nah, your golfing buddy wouldn't be interested to hear from an, quote, old Greek guy, would he, Not Nice Cyril? Or was that you misquoting Hook, eh Not Nice Cyril? An unacceptable ageist comment and a comment which some could construe as having a racist overtone.

Look, that ADELAIDE name on an Arsenal shirt would suit Hook's trivia & good-news stories column down to the ground.

Talking 'bout good news stories, Not Nice Cyril, this ol' Greek couldn't convince Ben Hook to mention last year's Asian Cup triumph by our National Team, Adelaide United winning the FFA Cup & last week A.U. going top after a horror start.

Could you or Ol' Master at least try & try to convince Hook to congratulate the Matildas this week which featured International Women's week?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Con M wrote:... old Greek guy, would he, Not Nice Cyril? Or was that you misquoting Hook, eh Not Nice Cyril? An unacceptable ageist comment and a comment which some could construe as having a racist overtone.
:lol: Trivia suits you down to the ground, you are the very epitomy of trivial with a zero sense of humour. You take yourself waaaay toooo seriously. Then again, I guess that comes with being a follower of the Woolwich.

By the way, which bit doesn't apply to you?

Old. Greek. Guy.

Take your pick :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Much better performance v Everton. The pressure was heaped on the players (and especially Wenger) but we came through it well

Everton were pretty poor though. No wonder they're mid-table.

Great first goal. The build up play, quick passing was vintage Arsenal - where has this been for the last two months!

I think we look much better with Welbeck up front.
And Iwobi keeps looking better and better. Hopefully he gets a run in the first 11 from here on in. Would like to see Reine-Adelaide get a go also.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

maxin in the shade wrote:Much better performance v Everton. The pressure was heaped on the players (and especially Wenger) but we came through it well

Everton were pretty poor though. No wonder they're mid-table.

Great first goal. The build up play, quick passing was vintage Arsenal - where has this been for the last two months!

I think we look much better with Welbeck up front.
And Iwobi keeps looking better and better. Hopefully he gets a run in the first 11 from here on in. Would like to see Reine-Adelaide get a go also.
Agree!

I think Elneny has fitted in well & like Iwobi looking better by the game. Cant knock Wenger on this - knows how to unearth a gem year in year out

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Up the Eagles!

Wenger not looking happy. :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Question to my fellow Gooners... couldn't give a shite what the rest of you have to say :wink:

Would you take 4th place, UCL Football & 3yr contract extension to Mr Wenger
OR
5th place or below and Mr Wenger leaving..??

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:Question to my fellow Gooners... couldn't give a shite what the rest of you have to say :wink:

OR
Please Sir, can I have a go? :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
haywood djablowme wrote:Question to my fellow Gooners... couldn't give a shite what the rest of you have to say :wink:

OR
Please Sir, can I have a go? :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

OR
The fact you would think a contract extension for coming 4th and not winning anything again would get him an extension sums up the problem. Wenger is a decent coach but the consistency of 4th and people being happy with it, shows he's taken them as far as he can.

The a nomadic or free-spirited person need to part company with the kiddy fiddler and build up again.

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

OR
id take 4th spot, and allow Wenger to see out the remaining year of his contract

no extension though

He's no dummy, and surely he knows his time is nearly up. but give him his final year.

there wont be a change this season anyway. He'll be there for 16/17.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

maxin in the shade wrote:

OR
id take 4th spot, and allow Wenger to see out the remaining year of his contract

no extension though

He's no dummy, and surely he knows his time is nearly up. but give him his final year.

4th place perpetuates more Wenger. It raises the very real issue of another 3 year deal, which in hand will continue to split the fanbase and it will lead to more decay - did you see how empty the Emirates was against Palace.. & I bet tomorrow morning will be even less. Look at us sitting 4th and the fans are not showing up

Is it prestigious to continually fail at the UCL?? Is it useful to hoard in prize money we don't use to progress the club?? Is it elevating us in any way as a football club?? - Arguably no to all of these questions!

Who is more excited this summer.. Arsenal fans or Liverpool fans..?? They have a charismatic leader, their players are fighting for him and there's a freshness at the club... we are stale!!

West Ham moved on Big Sam cause they believed in more than just survival. Liverpool shipped out Rodgers when they caught the slightest whiff of Klopp. Citeh resigned Pellegrini when Pep came onto the market, Spurs dumped club legend Sherwood, Leicester sacked Pearson for Ranieri..?? They all did it for progress

So what are Arsenal doing..??

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:
maxin in the shade wrote:

OR

no extension though

4th place perpetuates more Wenger. It raises the very real issue of another 3 year deal, which in hand will continue to split the fanbase and it will lead to more decay - did you see how empty the Emirates was against Palace.. & I bet tomorrow morning will be even less. Look at us sitting 4th and the fans are not showing up

Is it prestigious to continually fail at the UCL?? Is it useful to hoard in prize money we don't use to progress the club?? Is it elevating us in any way as a football club?? - Arguably no to all of these questions!

Who is more excited this summer.. Arsenal fans or Liverpool fans..?? They have a charismatic leader, their players are fighting for him and there's a freshness at the club... we are stale!!

West Ham moved on Big Sam cause they believed in more than just survival. Liverpool shipped out Rodgers when they caught the slightest whiff of Klopp. Citeh resigned Pellegrini when Pep came onto the market, Spurs dumped club legend Sherwood, Leicester sacked Pearson for Ranieri..?? They all did it for progress

So what are Arsenal doing..??
You could alway relocate to South London :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Looks like big clean out in the summer according to UK press, with Gibbs, Walcott, Ramsey, Chambers, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Giroud heading for the exit door.