Arsenal 2018/2019

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Arsenal 2017/2018

Post by N5 1BH »

The worry for you guys is that you only got 4. Gonna need a better conversion rate against proper teams to push ahead in EPL & CL. Don't make the mistake we've been making, sell Coutinho now and pay whatever it takes to get a world class goal scorer in.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Wenger needs to sell Sanchez, Ozil, Ox, Mustafi and Perez quick smart.. they are cancers!! Bring in Mahrez, Vardy and Van Dijk
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

N5 1BH wrote:The worry for you guys is that you only got 4. Gonna need a better conversion rate against proper teams to push ahead in EPL & CL. Don't make the mistake we've been making, sell Coutinho now and pay whatever it takes to get a world class goal scorer in.
We split our goals around, we should have had more but Cech did play well.

Not disagreeing with you, but Sturridge and Lallana are two good players too.

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by maxin in the shade »

haywood djablowme wrote:Wenger needs to sell Sanchez, Ozil, Ox, Mustafi and Perez quick smart.. they are cancers!! Bring in Mahrez, Vardy and Van Dijk
If we were pushing for the title (or at least top 4) id say keep em

But that doesn't look like happening even at this early stage of the season, so we might as well cash in

The optimist in me is hoping we can turn it around, go on an unbeaten run and push for top 4. But with the team selections Wenger seems to be making, how could that happen?

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Ox is off to Chelski.. apparently told Wenger his decision last Thursday yet he still picked him at Anfield

#Wengerout

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Ox looking like a Chelsea player and rumour in UK is that City have made a bid for Sanchez with Sterling going the other way.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

Get this dithering fool out. He needed to sign defenders and he has bottled the chance to sign some top class players. Get with it and realise players prices have exploded and stop hunting for cheap alternatives. Destroying a once great club....My mates want him to stay and I have been staunch for a couple of years, get out you has been fool....
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

looks like you may be getting Sterling.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Nicky_Tanner wrote:looks like you may be getting Sterling.

I can't understand how they can afford to let Stirling go, he's been playing very well so far and scored last week.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Gibbs to West Brom 7mil

Ox declines Chelski and would rather Liverpoo to play CM.. come on dude your an injury prone, right winger with less goals than Koscielny and less assists than Monreal. Take the Chelski gig and warm their bench. the Gooners faithful have their new Cashly Cole

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Ox to Liverpool is a done deal

40M transfer and a 5 year deal - 120K per week

Turned down bigger offers to join LFC, so fair play to him. Obviously not only about the money, more about playing time/position.

Always liked Ox. Never fulfilled his full potential at Arsenal and probably got mis-managed at the end. Cant help but think he'll flourish under Klopp.

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

As for Arsenal, what an absolute shambles we are atm

We've had all off season to sort out our squad, and we still haven't done what was needed.

Its a mess.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

haywood djablowme wrote:Gibbs to West Brom 7mil

Ox declines Chelski and would rather Liverpoo to play CM.. come on dude your an injury prone, right winger with less goals than Koscielny and less assists than Monreal. Take the Chelski gig and warm their bench. the Gooners faithful have their new Cashly Cole
Not surprised Gibbs left bascially a bit player for the last few seasons, wouldnt be surpriosed to see Chambers and Walcott leave as well.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

maxin in the shade wrote:As for Arsenal, what an absolute shambles we are atm

We've had all off season to sort out our squad, and we still haven't done what was needed.

Its a mess.
Look on the bright side, at least you're keeping Ozil :wink:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Nice One Cyril wrote:

Its a mess.
What Ian Wright said about Ozil was 100% spot on:

Asked on Sky Sports Debate show if he understood frustrations about him, he said, “What, the one that’s already created 10 chances for his teammates when he’s supposed to be having a nightmare? Because he looks frustrated when he loses the ball or something happens?

“If I’m Arsene Wenger, I’m saying ‘When he gets the ball, I just want you to back him up, and if he loses it you get it back and give it back to him to let him get on with it again.

Because some players you have to give them the licence to do that. The stick he gets, it really annoys me, it jars me.”

“I believe he [Ozil] is somebody who should have even more licence to do what he wants. He’s a creative player, he’s not going to start running back and tackling people. They can utilise him better.”

So for me, it isn't Ozil who's to blame. More the club for not putting the right players around him to be able to maximise his effectiveness

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Nice One Cyril wrote:

Its a mess.
This, from Not Nice Cyril himself, the person who is quoted on this site as saying "Ozil is good".

What Not Nice should have said was: "Ozil is VERY good. Players like him are rare. Other foot-soldiers can do the gut-running for him, give him the ball & he will do the creating & goal-assists. All teams need a creator like that.

Not Nice, why oh why can't you admire talent like that? I've grudgingly admired Spurs greats down the years.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Con M wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

Its a mess.
This, from Not Nice Cyril himself, the person who is quoted on this site as saying "Ozil is good".

What Not Nice should have said was: "Ozil is VERY good. Players like him are rare. Other foot-soldiers can do the gut-running for him, give him the ball & he will do the creating & goal-assists. All teams need a creator like that.

Not Nice, why oh why can't you admire talent like that? I've grudgingly admired Spurs greats down the years.
He's talented, but a lazy cabernet. Liam Brady & Dennis Bergkamp were better players than him but they both used to work for the team and get their tackles in. I don't think that in the modern game, with the speed of transition, you can afford to have some show pony wandering about aimlessly.
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

And he's a bottle of shiraz softcock.
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Can’t believe I’m agreeing with NOC on Arsenal, though I would add David Rocastle & Santi Cazorla and even the poser Pires to that list.

Just don’t buy the delicate genius angle, all agree he refuse to defend but he also lacks flexibility, Santi (a better player than him) got moved back to defensive mid simply coz ozil is completely incapable of playing anywhere else. As for his body language, try telling a fan who’s just paid nearly a quarter of his weeks wage to watch his team give it a go that him sulking is okay. It’s not good enough, he’s a grown man on over 100 grand a week ffs. Being an outrageous liability defensively, positionally and with team morale might be overlooked if his forward contribution somehow justified it but he dithers with the ball and waists opportunity. Stats aren’t the whole story but as a guide for an attacking player who would you least pick out of these three:

Ozil in a top 5 team with a genius coach: 120 games, 70 shots on target for 20 poxy goals, 8000 often painful passes for 40 assists
Sigurdsson in a struggling team with multiple managers: 184 games 161 shots on target for 42 goals, 5000 passes for 33 assists
Dele Alli 21 years old only and stuck in a team with horrible obnoxious supporters: 73 games, 75 shots on target for 30 goals, 2500 passes for 16 assists.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Anyways, transfer season is officially over and somehow we are left even weaker than when it started if that was possible.

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

N5 1BH wrote:Anyways, transfer season is officially over and somehow we are left even weaker than when it started if that was possible.
Totally agree..... :roll: :roll:
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote:Can’t believe I’m agreeing with NOC on Arsenal, though I would add David Rocastle & Santi Cazorla and even the poser Pires to that list.

Just don’t buy the delicate genius angle, all agree he refuse to defend but he also lacks flexibility, Santi (a better player than him) got moved back to defensive mid simply coz ozil is completely incapable of playing anywhere else. As for his body language, try telling a fan who’s just paid nearly a quarter of his weeks wage to watch his team give it a go that him sulking is okay. It’s not good enough, he’s a grown man on over 100 grand a week ffs. Being an outrageous liability defensively, positionally and with team morale might be overlooked if his forward contribution somehow justified it but he dithers with the ball and waists opportunity. Stats aren’t the whole story but as a guide for an attacking player who would you least pick out of these three:

Ozil in a top 5 team with a genius coach: 120 games, 70 shots on target for 20 poxy goals, 8000 often painful passes for 40 assists
Sigurdsson in a struggling team with multiple managers: 184 games 161 shots on target for 42 goals, 5000 passes for 33 assists
Dele Alli 21 years old only and stuck in a team with horrible obnoxious supporters: 73 games, 75 shots on target for 30 goals, 2500 passes for 16 assists.

:lol: You knob :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

:D Fair and balanced, it’s the Arsenal way

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Europa cup is Wenger's only realistic chance of a European trophy before he finally fucks off. If I were him I would place more importance on that than he is letting on.

How good were the kraut fans last night 20,000 coming over, remember the days when we used to do that.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote:Europa cup is Wenger's only realistic chance of a European trophy before he finally fucks off. If I were him I would place more importance on that than he is letting on.

How good were the kraut fans last night 20,000 coming over, remember the days when we used to do that.
You'd better hope you keep Sanchez or you're royally shiraz.

I hope he goes for sweet FA at the end of an unsuccessful season. He might make a short trip to the top team in North London, Levy loves a bargain :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Watched the game this morn. Much better 2nd half. Great goal by Sanchez to counter their long-range one. Good to see Wilshere get on the pitch.

Wenger understandably with one eye on the Chelsea game this weekend.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

N5 1BH wrote:Europa cup is Wenger's only realistic chance of a European trophy before he finally fucks off. If I were him I would place more importance on that than he is letting on.

But you used to create more trouble though. :lol:

I wonder of EUFA will take action against their fans for lighting flares?
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Sad indictment of modern football when the arsenal fans just stand by and let them do it

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Old Master wrote:But you used to create more trouble though. :lol:

I wonder of EUFA will take action against their fans for lighting flares?
Oh yes, arsenal that well know trouble making club.

oh and what have the European Fisheries Union got to do with this, it's bad enough they're screwing British fisherman now you want them to punish arsenal as well :shock:

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Very determined performance @ the Bridge. 5 Arsenal goal-scoring chances to 1 in the first half, with Ramsey unlucky in hitting the post.

Stalemate in the second half, though things might have been different if the nutter Luiz had copped his straight red card earlier. Hopefully a positive turning point at this early part of the season.