Arsenal 2018/2019

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Arsenal 2014/2015

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Chaos wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:Lucky to beat the mighty Hammers :wink:

Cazorla goes down quicker than a cheap hooker :shock:
I don't get this quote. Are you really saying that it was not a pen? Albeit soft, but definitely no dive there. IMO the irons were lucky to keep all 11 on the park with some of their outrageous challenges.
Did you watch the game? Dubious penalty, but one that refs would mostly give, however Santi fell over every time someone breathed on him. The man must love grass, he couldn't wait to get close to it.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Chaos wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:Lucky to beat the mighty Hammers :wink:

Cazorla goes down quicker than a cheap hooker :shock:
I don't get this quote. Are you really saying that it was not a pen? Albeit soft, but definitely no dive there. IMO the irons were lucky to keep all 11 on the park with some of their outrageous challenges.
Did you watch the game? Dubious penalty, but one that refs would mostly give, however Santi fell over every time someone breathed on him. The man must love grass, he couldn't wait to get close to it.
Did watch the game yes. Cbf right now searching it but he was fouled at every given opportunity. I'm not saying he doesn't dive, near on every player does these days. But the lion share of him finding the floor is justified.
Do yo watch how easily Fazio complains at every attacking corner for your lot or the fact he goes down at attacking corners more often than not?? Just putting it out there, I'd say if he had the ball as often as Santi, he'd be far worse.
COLOSSUS wrote:Let me guess, ive got no balls

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Chaos wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:Did you watch the game? Dubious penalty, but one that refs would mostly give, however Santi fell over every time someone breathed on him. The man must love grass, he couldn't wait to get close to it.
Did watch the game yes. Cbf right now searching it but he was fouled at every given opportunity. I'm not saying he doesn't dive, near on every player does these days. But the lion share of him finding the floor is justified.
Do yo watch how easily Fazio complains at every attacking corner for your lot or the fact he goes down at attacking corners more often than not?? Just putting it out there, I'd say if he had the ball as often as Santi, he'd be far worse.
Something of a deflection by you, but corners are a whole other issue, for every team. The amount of grappling that goes on by defenders is just ridiculous and I hope that the FA tell the refs to be harder on it. I think Shawcross and Skrtel are probably the two worst, but I'm sure most defenders do it to some degree.

Compare Santi with Sanchez who, when through on goal, got a slight tap that made him stumble, but stayed on his feet and got his shot away with a toe-poke. On the other hand, Santi actively looks for a slight brush or a leg to fall over and that's everywhere on the field. He's a shocking diver but very skilled at it.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

In your own words, deflection by yourself there. How can you compare a midfielder to an attacker?? I compared a midfielder to a defender, of which the defender goes down all over the park in all honesty. Being nice here I'm gonna say some lads centre of gravity is far less than others. It's a much of a muchness. But for you to single out one lad of that 22 on that park is extremely harsh when you look closer in your own backyard pal.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Chaos wrote:In your own words, deflection by yourself there. How can you compare a midfielder to an attacker?? I compared a midfielder to a defender, of which the defender goes down all over the park in all honesty. Being nice here I'm gonna say some lads centre of gravity is far less than others. It's a much of a muchness. But for you to single out one lad of that 22 on that park is extremely harsh when you look closer in your own backyard pal.
So, no denial that Santi is a diver then? Glad we agree and btw what does a player's position have to do with anything?

As for my backyard, as you call it, Spurs don't have divers, we're a clean, honest team now that Bale's gone.
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

A question for the Goonies.

Do you really think Chesney is an upgrade on Flappyhandski?
Danny Blanchflower

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Both as bad as each other

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

Nice One Cyril wrote:A question for the Goonies.

Do you really think Chesney is an upgrade on Flappyhandski?
Honestly. Yes.

Worthy of being our number one on the other hand...... :lol:

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Derek wrote:Both as bad as each other
Agree! Wazza can pull off some great saves but lets himself down in other areas.

Looking forward to seeing Ospina on Sunday, Wenger confirmed he will start.. Going by Ospinas display in Brazil, he is a better keeper than Wazza
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Podolski greeted by Inter fans at Milan airport, with a black & blue scarf around the neck

Disappointed Wenger didnt give him more of a run in the side. He started against Gala a couple of weeks ago, MOM with 2 spankers, following game back on the bench never to be seen again :roll: must be more to it

All the best Lucas

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

Szczesny fined after being caught smoking in the shower after the loss to Southampton. I wonder where he got that from...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leXRdq840T0

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Kim Kallstrom wrote:Szczesny fined after being caught smoking in the shower after the loss to Southampton. I wonder where he got that from...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leXRdq840T0
Oh you're such a gossip, did John Jenson tell you that. Don't know about after the game but he sure as fuck was smoking something during the game from what I could tell.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Ozil back in the squad this week, wouldnt be surprised if Wenger starts him against Stoke.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Krystian Bielik will have a medical in Arsenal on Friday, his current club Legia Warsaw have confirmed.

"I'm going to London to fulfil my dreams. I hope I will become an Arsenal player soon," the 17-year-old midfielder told his current club's official website.

Typical Wenger signing, big wraps on him!! One for the future you would think

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

haywood djablowme wrote:Krystian Bielik will have a medical in Arsenal on Friday, his current club Legia Warsaw have confirmed.

"I'm going to London to fulfil my dreams. I hope I will become an Arsenal player soon," the 17-year-old midfielder told his current club's official website.

Typical Wenger signing, big wraps on him!! One for the future you would think
IMO I think we should be targeting an out and out front man or holding midfielder. Then again, what club isn't at this stage of the season.
Momentum gathering on Draxler yet again, also some heavy talk of sportings Carvalho to the emirates. Little will come of either if Wenger has control of this I'd dare suggest......

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

:D

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote::D
Terrible penalty and a total dive by Monreal, but to be fair, the Goons were the better team and deserved the win. City won't be catching Chelsea this season based on that performance.
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Definite pen by kompany, no doubt whatsoever. Cazorla outstanding, need to keep him in centre. Penny finally dropped for Wenger ?. sufficient men behind the ball, aggressive in the challenge, sensible football away from home.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Terrible penalty and a total dive by Monreal, but to be fair, the Goons were the better team and deserved the win. City won't be catching Chelsea this season based on that performance.
:lol: :oops:

Chaos
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Chaos »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
:oops:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Chaos wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
:oops:
No need to be embarrassed, every team gets dodgy decisions in their favour from time to time.

I'm not sure that Kompany made any great movement Monreal and minimal contact was made, but even if he did and the referee thought it was deliberate, the ball was not within playing distance for Monreal when contact was made, so it should be obstruction and an indirect free kick, as far as I've always understood the LOTG.
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

No need for Monreal to have the ball. A direct free kick can be given when a deliberate attempt is made to trip, charge, jump at or push an opponent. Kompany jumped at and tripped Monreal inside the box which makes it a clear penalty.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote:No need for Monreal to have the ball. A direct free kick can be given when a deliberate attempt is made to trip, charge, jump at or push an opponent. Kompany jumped at and tripped Monreal inside the box which makes it a clear penalty.
Only one player doing the jumping there :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

N5 1BH wrote:Definite pen by kompany, no doubt whatsoever. Cazorla outstanding, need to keep him in centre. Penny finally dropped for Wenger ?. sufficient men behind the ball, aggressive in the challenge, sensible football away from home.
Agree. Kompany has been getting away with those blatant aggressive body-checks for ages - time he paid for it.

Headed towards 4th position & a lucrative Champions League place AGAIN in 2015/2016 season come the Arsenal. Professor Wenger has no accountant (too busy making money for the Club) to challenge him for authority at the Emirates. Could be well on the way to outdoing ol' blue-nose Fergie's record @ Manure for longevity if he keeps instilling exciting attacking soccer-football combined with some steel at the back.

ps NOC, don't feel bad. Spurs could well make the 2015/2016 Champions League if they win this season's Europa League Final. Your foreign manager knows this. It is a good incentive brought in by UEFA to maintain interest in their b.a.s.t.a.r.d child of a comp.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Squad is starting to look much healthier, with Ozil & Walcott back ready to go & not even getting a run Sunday. Giroud, Flamini, Gibbs & Ramsey starting to find their feet again & Kozzie has been a huge in at the back!! Jack & Welbeck back in training this week so things are on the up (hopefully)on the injury front. Ospina 3 clean sheets in as many starts!!!

Would expect to see Waz, Chambers, Gibbs, Flamini, Ozil, Rosicky, Walcott maybe Jack & Welbz get a run out against Brighton this weekend. Give the likes of Per, Santi & Sanchez a much needed rest

Once all up & running, Mr Wenger has a tough job on his hands

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:Squad is starting to look much healthier, with Ozil & Walcott back ready to go & not even getting a run Sunday. Giroud, Flamini, Gibbs & Ramsey starting to find their feet again & Kozzie has been a huge in at the back!! Jack & Welbeck back in training this week so things are on the up (hopefully)on the injury front. Ospina 3 clean sheets in as many starts!!!

Would expect to see Waz, Chambers, Gibbs, Flamini, Ozil, Rosicky, Walcott maybe Jack & Welbz get a run out against Brighton this weekend. Give the likes of Per, Santi & Sanchez a much needed rest

Once all up & running, Mr Wenger has a tough job on his hands
:lol: And you know what you'll win this year? Sweet FA :shock:
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Paulista fee agreed with the yellow submarine, with Campbell going the other way on loan. Reports this guy is a solid defender who has been in great form in Spain. Let him find his feet and slowly push the BFG out the side to partner Kozzie at the back.

Times maybe changing at the Emirates.. We finally beat a fellow top 4 side, playing with a plan B. Wenger announces we are talking with a player b4 we actually sign them & Wenger signs players before the last 24hrs of the window..

COYG

Kim Kallstrom
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Kim Kallstrom »

Jack Wilshere seems to be focused on his injury recovery... :lol:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... are_btn_tw

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Kim Kallstrom wrote:Jack Wilshere seems to be focused on his injury recovery... :lol:

YAWN

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Kim Kallstrom wrote:Jack Wilshere seems to be focused on his injury recovery... :lol:

Stop trying to let on you read the Guardian, I reckon you're more a Sunday Sport type