Arsenal 2018/2019

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Arsenal 2017/2018

Post by N5 1BH »

It's wenger, he's a nutter

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Con M wrote: Derby coming up after the International break. Worried, Not Nice Cyril?
...and it looks like the Spurs players are going to sit out the Internationals so that they're cherry ripe to shaft the Goons. Good planning by MoPo :wink:
Not all sat it out. And I hope Eriksen has got scoring out of his system against the Irish & will be a bit knackered.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

:D :D :D
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Dunno what made me smile more this evening, Aussies first ashes team or sissoko & dembele in same side for the scum. Ref had a cracker.too. We beat the scum 2_0,.....

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote:Dunno what made me smile more this evening, Aussies first ashes team or sissoko & dembele in same side for the scum. Ref had a cracker.too. We beat the scum 2_0,.....
It was all part of the Tottenham plan to keep Wenger there for another ten years :lol:

I reckon 50% of our players weren't even fit, you can't believe he'd pick Sissoko otherwise, although he actually wasn't that bad, just not a footballer.

End of the day, I thought the Goons worked very hard in midfield, we never really got going and all the small things went Arsenal's way, mostly courtesy of Mike Dean, but that's football. I think to deserve something out of these games, we have to play better than that, to some extent you make your own luck through hard work and effort and I thought Spurs were second best at that.

Still looking down at you though :wink:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:Dunno what made me smile more this evening, Aussies first ashes team or sissoko & dembele in same side for the scum. Ref had a cracker.too. We beat the scum 2_0,.....
I reckon 50% of our players weren't even fit, you can't believe he'd pick Sissoko otherwise, although he actually wasn't that bad, just not a footballer.
I thought it was claimed the Spurs players would sit out the friendly internationals & be cherry ripe for the derby. Eriksen was the one to be feared but thankfully left his scoring boots with Denmark.

Beautiful, attractive and flowing midfield play by the Gunners.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Nice One Cyril wrote: It was all part of the Tottenham plan to keep Wenger there for another ten years :lol:

End of the day, I thought the Goons worked very hard in midfield, we never really got going and all the small things went Arsenal's way, mostly courtesy of Mike Dean, but that's football. I think to deserve something out of these games, we have to play better than that, to some extent you make your own luck through hard work and effort and I thought Spurs were second best at that.

Still looking down at you though :wink:
Very modest Cyril, well played :wink:

From a Spurs perspective, as mentioned on here previously, you rely on Harry and Alli to much! Poch shouldn't have picked them, nor should of they put up their hands to play.. but who else do you have and until you strengthen the squad you will not win the league. The basis is there but you need more quality. Poch rolls them out for league cup ties when they should both be sitting on the couch at home. Now I know you will say we do also rely on Ozil and Alexis but take your mind back to the Chelski game, we sat them both on the bench dueto injury doubts and got a point, I just dont see that depth at the scum.

Don't get me wrong, we are no closer to winning the leaghe than you boys and are a long way off The likes of Citeh, Chelski and the Mancs but with your stadium being built and money tight for years to come I see Arsenal resuming dominance in North London :D

COYG

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Con M wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
I thought it was claimed the Spurs players would sit out the friendly internationals & be cherry ripe for the derby. Eriksen was the one to be feared but thankfully left his scoring boots with Denmark.

Beautiful, attractive and flowing midfield play by the Gunners.
They sat them out because they weren't fit to play and, by the looks of it, they're not fully fit yet.

Football matches often turn on small incidents and had Mike Dean officiated properly, it might have gone the other way. It's swings and roundabouts, but I just don't like matches potentially being decided by poor officiating. The offside I can forgive because it was so close, but it was never a foul by Sanchez on Alexis, he was simply stronger and Alexis is a diver when he loses the ball. Xhaka should have been booked twice but got let off the first one because it was early, not great reffing in my book, but calls will undoubtedly go our way in another match.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Germans must love it when wenger comes to town

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Want a good Christmas pressie? there’s a new doco dvd out called ‘89’ about you know what. Haven’t seen it yet but some mates have recommended it and it's been getting good write ups.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Watched the whole Burnley v Arsenal game live. How Burnley is that high up the table defies belief. Just balls punted long upfield in hope. Completely over-run in midfield by Ramsey & Co.

Definitely a penalty for a deliberate push in the back. Nailed by Sanchez.

Looking down now to a certain club playing out of Wembley.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Con M wrote:Watched the whole Burnley v Arsenal game live. How Burnley is that high up the table defies belief. Just balls punted long upfield in hope. Completely over-run in midfield by Ramsey & Co.

Supersoft penalty, nowhere near enough contact to knock a grown man over, but these days you know that players will be throwing themselves on the floor with the slightest touch, so he was really dumb to put his hands out at all. Hard for me to criticise too much though because Dele Alli does it all the time as well and I hate it.
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Con M wrote:Watched the whole Burnley v Arsenal game live. How Burnley is that high up the table defies belief. Just balls punted long upfield in hope. Completely over-run in midfield by Ramsey & Co.

Supersoft penalty, nowhere near enough contact to knock a grown man over, but these days you know that players will be throwing themselves on the floor with the slightest touch, so he was really dumb to put his hands out at all. Hard for me to criticise too much though because Dele Alli does it all the time as well and I hate it.
One subtle difference between Ramsey & Alli, Ramsey waited for actual contact

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

One subtle difference between Ramsey & Alli, Ramsey waited for actual contact
They're all as bad as one another these days, the slightest touch that you'd brush off elsewhere on the pitch and you'd think they'd been hit by a sledgehammer in the box. The refs don't help by failing to give fouls when the player manages to stay on his feet (not that they try any more) but doesn't gain an advantage.
Danny Blanchflower

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Flowing, super-attractive play & destruction of Huddersfield this morn. Glad I got up to watch the whole game. That second goal was breath-taking.

Still looking down the table at a certain club. Great EPL results over the last couple of days.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

12 home victories on the trot, hopefully this weekend against the Mancs makes it 13!

Another good performance this morning, only disappointment was Lacazette picking up a groin injury - ruling him out for this weekends clash

Ozil - 47 assists since his arrival in 2013, highest in the league - leaving the likes of Silva, Erikson, De Bruyne, Cesc chasing his tail.. Should of wrapped his contract up years ago :roll:

Your right Cyril, it does look good from up here :wink:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:12 home victories on the trot, hopefully this weekend against the Mancs makes it 13!

Another good performance this morning, only disappointment was Lacazette picking up a groin injury - ruling him out for this weekends clash

Ozil - 47 assists since his arrival in 2013, highest in the league - leaving the likes of Silva, Erikson, De Bruyne, Cesc chasing his tail.. Should of wrapped his contract up years ago :roll:

You can't really compare Huddersfield at home to Leicester away, but we've definitely hit a slump just as you scumbags have hit some form. However, it's not even December yet, so let's see where we all are in a month or so.
Danny Blanchflower

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
haywood djablowme wrote:12 home victories on the trot, hopefully this weekend against the Mancs makes it 13!

You can't really compare Huddersfield at home to Leicester away, but we've definitely hit a slump just as you scumbags have hit some form. However, it's not even December yet, so let's see where we all are in a month or so.
Hey haywood, ya reckon Not Nice will be turning on Poch soon?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Con M wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

We're not like you sad Goonies, we support our team and manager.

Football matches often hinge, or appear to, on very small incidents. Sometimes a player doing something stupid or brilliant, a lucky deflection or a bad bounce, or sometimes a referee's decision. When you're not in the best of form they always go against you and vice versa and that's what's happening to us at the moment. It'll change and you'll be calling for Wenger's head again.
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Managers

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote:Managers
:lol: Tosser :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

We're not like you sad Goonies, we support our team and manager.

Football matches often hinge, or appear to, on very small incidents. Sometimes a player doing something stupid or brilliant, a lucky deflection or a bad bounce, or sometimes a referee's decision. When you're not in the best of form they always go against you and vice versa and that's what's happening to us at the moment. It'll change and you'll be calling for Wenger's head again.
What the? Who are you addressing Not Nice? I’ve never called for the good Professor Wenger’s head. Trawl back. I’ve marvelled at his record F.A. Cup wins as manager, his stewardship of the Invincibles, his years and years of having Arsenal at the top level and his insistence on stylish, flowing attacking play.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

:lol: Not so chipper this morning after the decisions didn't go your way?
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Yes, very chipper this morning mate. Was able to go back to bed after the game to get some more kip

Question I have for you.. did you watch the game in full or just the edited highlights on fox sports news??

Cause anybody who says Arsenal did not deserve to get anything out of the game needs to get their head checked.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

haywood djablowme wrote:Yes, very chipper this morning mate. Was able to go back to bed after the game to get some more kip

Question I have for you.. did you watch the game in full or just the edited highlights on fox sports news??

Cause anybody who says Arsenal did not deserve to get anything out of the game needs to get their head checked.
Exactly, haywood. I watched the whole thing live. Gave them a 2-goal start and still nearly retrieved it. De Gea incredible. Pogba ugly studs. Manchester United so so lucky at the end when two penalties were denied - right under the assistant ref’s nose.

And Young so annoying to dive again after a shoulder bump from Bellerin.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Con M wrote:
haywood djablowme wrote:Yes, very chipper this morning mate. Was able to go back to bed after the game to get some more kip

Exactly, haywood. I watched the whole thing live. Gave them a 2-goal start and still nearly retrieved it. De Gea incredible. Pogba ugly studs. Manchester United so so lucky at the end when two penalties were denied - right under the assistant ref’s nose.

And Young so annoying to dive again after a shoulder bump from Bellerin.
:lol: Much as I loathe United, Pogba's red was a rubbish decision and just shows how soft the game has become. His foot was about an inch above the turf, he got contact on the ball and it's not his fault that Bellerin decided to put his knee on the ground instead of tackling properly with his feet.

It was not a good game for Marriner as he got that wrong and also should have given the Goons a penalty, but I'm less upset about that one. :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Opinion definitely divided on the contributions of attacking midfielders ozil & sanchez to the club this year. Worth noting that the unsung Ramsey, forced into a defensive midfield role currently has this years best stats with 8 assists & 3 goals compared to ozil's 5 & 2.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... eport.html

Always said they are vermin down there. :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Nice One Cyril wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... eport.html

Always said they are vermin down there. :lol:
Just a simple gesture to make our guests on Friday feel at home, and in case they get peckish.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Arsenal v Liverpool on the big big screen @ The Arkaba Hotel 150 Glen Osmond Road, 6.15am Saturday 23 December (Adelaide time). Bacon ‘n’ eggs and coffee served to wash them down with (or beer). Could be a good shoot-out game to watch. Arsenal $2.40, Liverpool $2.80, Draw $3.50. Gamble responsibly.

Try getting that at The Alma which, like almost all other pokie baron pubs cry, “can’t afford Optus showing EPL”. And where even their barman admits the owner “can’t stand soccah”. Or @ The Bath on the Norwood Parade. Is that the one run by God Isn’t An Englishman’s mega-rich mate?