Arsenal 2018/2019

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Re: Arsenal 2017/2018

Post by ozzie owl »

Con M wrote:Very determined performance @ the Bridge. 5 Arsenal goal-scoring chances to 1 in the first half, with Ramsey unlucky in hitting the post.

Stalemate in the second half, though things might have been different if the nutter Luiz had copped his straight red card earlier. Hopefully a positive turning point at this early part of the season.
How bad was that David Luiz foul, minimum of two games?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

ozzie owl wrote:
Con M wrote:Very determined performance @ the Bridge. 5 Arsenal goal-scoring chances to 1 in the first half, with Ramsey unlucky in hitting the post.

Stalemate in the second half, though things might have been different if the nutter Luiz had copped his straight red card earlier. Hopefully a positive turning point at this early part of the season.
Yes, it was a foul and yes it was potentially dangerous, but people were defending Mane for an identical challenge, but about 5 foot higher.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:

Yes, it was a foul and yes it was potentially dangerous, but people were defending Mane for an identical challenge, but about 5 foot higher.
I don't think either should have been a red card.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Another lucky escape for the Goons, courtesy of more shonky referreeing in their favour.

Some pretty dumb defending by West Brom didn't help either.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Hard team to get exited about atm. Useless twats Xhaka & Elneny competing with each other to give the ball away, please bring back Jack & Santi.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Stung! :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

“Scandalous” penalty decision. International break disrupted the steady climb up the table. Should’ve been in the top 4 now.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Con M wrote:“Scandalous” penalty decision. International break disrupted the steady climb up the table. Should’ve been in the top 4 now.
Only scandal was that Bellerin didn't get booked, sent off, hung drawn and quartered and banned for life :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Con M wrote:“Scandalous” penalty decision. International break disrupted the steady climb up the table. Should’ve been in the top 4 now.
Unbelievable decision by the referee! How he gave that and comparing to the Welbz one 10 minutes before that he didn't give is mind boggling.
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by maxin in the shade »

haywood djablowme wrote:
Unbelievable decision by the referee! How he gave that and comparing to the Welbz one 10 minutes before that he didn't give is mind boggling.
What's the point of having a video review system, if not to overturn decisions like this?
Clearly not a penalty, however we wouldn't even be talking about this had Ozil not fluffed his chance moments earlier.

Instead of being 2-0 up, we were at 1-1 and Watford were going for the win.

I know Arsene Wenger called the penalty decision ‘scandalous’, and he's right, but what’s even worse is the fact that we’re seeing the same performance again and again and again. It shouldn’t be a surprise at this stage. As long as he is the manager, it doesn’t matter who we buy, who we play, what formation we use, who we add to the backroom staff etc, we will get performances like this and failures like this.

It’s little wonder that people are fed up.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

maxin in the shade wrote:
haywood djablowme wrote:
What's the point of having a video review system, if not to overturn decisions like this?
Clearly not a penalty, however we wouldn't even be talking about this had Ozil not fluffed his chance moments earlier.

Instead of being 2-0 up, we were at 1-1 and Watford were going for the win.

I know Arsene Wenger called the penalty decision ‘scandalous’, and he's right, but what’s even worse is the fact that we’re seeing the same performance again and again and again. It shouldn’t be a surprise at this stage. As long as he is the manager, it doesn’t matter who we buy, who we play, what formation we use, who we add to the backroom staff etc, we will get performances like this and failures like this.

It’s little wonder that people are fed up.
I'm not. Four more years!! :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I should add that I've always loved Wenger, but its obvious that there needed to be a change at the end of last season.

Arsenal could've let Wenger leave on a high (after the FA Cup win) but the owner/board were just happy to let things coast along as they were.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:

:lol: I bet we don't hear any whining this morning from the Goonies, after the ref cocks up and sends of an opposition player for a perfectly good challenge.

Scandalous decision indeed!
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
haywood djablowme wrote:

:lol: I bet we don't hear any whining this morning from the Goonies, after the ref cocks up and sends of an opposition player for a perfectly good challenge.

If you force the ref to make a decision sometimes he will see it differently to you. Lesson for Bellerin (and Rodic) don't give the refs unnecessary decisions to make, especially in the penalty box.

Young Harry looked at home in the Bernabeu the other day, I think it will grow on him.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
haywood djablowme wrote:

If you force the ref to make a decision sometimes he will see it differently to you. Lesson for Bellerin (and Rodic) don't give the refs unnecessary decisions to make, especially in the penalty box.

Young Harry looked at home in the Bernabeu the other day, I think it will grow on him.
Winks you mean :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Aaaaah, much better! :wink:

A Good all round performance from Arsenal and we finally got to see the front three of Sanchez/Ozil/Lacazette - all were impressive.
Ozil responded especially well after the rumours during the week.

And after the shambles of the Watford defeat, we've bounced back with two good wins away from home.

Could've scored more than 5, but I wont complain.

As for Everton - sooner Koeman leaves the better.

BTW, I cant believe this team lost 4-0 to Liverpool.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Xhaka gifting yet another goal, a move to Liverpool surely on the cards.

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Kroenke and Sir Chips just taking the fans for granted as per usual

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

maxin in the shade wrote:Kroenke and Sir Chips just taking the fans for granted as per usual
Yeah, at the AGM a show of hands by individual shareholders voted overwhelmingly to kick them out. Sadly it was only 3% against a 97% block share vote .

Ivan Gazidis on Arsenal's on-field performance - "According to objective metrics - points versus transfer expenditure - no club has over-performed as much as Arsenal". What a bottle of shiraz knob

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

It's the Goons so I'm having a little chuckle, but never a penalty when Sterling dives and the third goal was very clearly offside. :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Definitely no pen. Christ’s “goal” offside.

ps, Arsenal still playing attractive stuff compared to Mourinho’s mob.

Derby coming up after the International break. Worried, Not Nice Cyril?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Con M wrote:Definitely no pen. Christ’s “goal” offside.

Your lot couldn't score in a macdonalds and it looks like the Spurs players are going to sit out the Internationals so that they're cherry ripe to shaft the Goons. Good planning by MoPo :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Play Sanchez as a lone striker and leave a perfectly good £50mil one sitting on the bench again wtf? Was a penalty and was offside but play to the whistle Xakha you useless numpty.....like City did. City were very very wasteful, the result probably flattered us in reality.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Nice One Cyril wrote:

Your lot couldn't score in a macdonalds and it looks like the Spurs players are going to sit out the Internationals so that they're cherry ripe to shaft the Goons. Good planning by MoPo :wink:
There you go again about Pochettino, Not Nice. Shall I dig up (again) the misgivings and strange reservations you and God Isn’t An Englishman had when this Argentinian was appointed @ The Lane?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Con M wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

There you go again about Pochettino, Not Nice. Shall I dig up (again) the misgivings and strange reservations you and God Isn’t An Englishman had when this Argentinian was appointed @ The Lane?
Ancient history, might as well tell me how the Greeks were the root of all Western culture.
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Nice One Cyril wrote: never a penalty when Sterling dives and the third goal was very clearly offside. :lol:
Best thing you have said on here in a while mate :wink:

Unfortunately its not the first time this season the ref has cost us but in all honesty the players performances have let us down more often
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Con M wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

I'd like to see that, I don't remember what I said and/or the context.

What I would say is that football is about opinions and we can't all have the benefit of hindsight. Please "dig them up" as I'm sure they wouldn't be "strange reservations".

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Con M wrote: There you go again about Pochettino, Not Nice. Shall I dig up (again) the misgivings and strange reservations you and God Isn’t An Englishman had when this Argentinian was appointed @ The Lane?

What I would say is that football is about opinions and we can't all have the benefit of hindsight. Please "dig them up" as I'm sure they wouldn't be "strange reservations".
There was this quote from early 2014
God is an Englishman wrote:I don’t think Pochettino will be any good, he has a funny accent. Ian Holloway will turn out to be the most successful and popular manager of all time.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

N5 1BH wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Con M wrote: There you go again about Pochettino, Not Nice. Shall I dig up (again) the misgivings and strange reservations you and God Isn’t An Englishman had when this Argentinian was appointed @ The Lane?

There was this quote from early 2014
God is an Englishman wrote:I don’t think Pochettino will be any good, he has a funny accent. Ian Holloway will turn out to be the most successful and popular manager of all time.
I don't remember saying that but somehow mentioning Ian Holloway was probably a give away on a piss take.

Mcneely
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Mcneely »

haywood djablowme wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote: never a penalty when Sterling dives and the third goal was very clearly offside. :lol:
Best thing you have said on here in a while mate :wink:

Unfortunately its not the first time this season the ref has cost us but in all honesty the players performances have let us down more often
It's the players this season, most definitely. All the other things are just an afterthought.