Balotelli to Liverpool

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Balotelli to Liverpool

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Derek wrote:Far from out Sharpest, in fact I watched both games and we were poor. We do need a DM and another striker in my opinion. Take a look at last years final table and check out the goals against tally, only Chelsea, Everton and City conceded less. Take away our two horror results (man city and Liverpool) we were extremely solid.
I think 'boring' was the word you were searching for :wink:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Fact Hunt
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Fact Hunt »

Balotelli at least has already won the PL - maybe he's obviously content at leaving it at one medal?

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

:lol: I think you're right, especially based on last nights performance :wink:

John Snow
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by John Snow »

Hopefully that result will keep them quiet for a while.

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Derek wrote::lol: I think you're right, especially based on last nights performance :wink:
A bit like when Van Persie had to leave you guys to win one?
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

At least we have won the Premier League before.

Apparently coming second is the same though.......well, according to Liverpool fans

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

John Snow wrote:Hopefully that result will keep them quiet for a while.
I doubt it. Man U "fans" take the cake in that area.
Ignore this signature

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Derek wrote:At least we have won the Premier League before.

Apparently coming second is the same though.......well, according to Liverpool fans
That's how you guys measure the Champions League isn't it?
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

No, I measure Champions league sucess by winning the Champions league....Next

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

Derek wrote:No, I measure Champions league sucess by winning the Champions league....Next
It's known arsenal fans think that champions league qualification means they've had a successful season.

The Kings Jesta
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The Kings Jesta »

Young defender made young defender errors last night. Will be interesting to see how many teams take points at City though. They are very solid and efficient. Thus I have them down to win the league, then Chelsea, the LFC. If we lose to Chelsea and City at their grounds, but pretty much take maximum points in every other game, we still be within a shout though.

Derek, can you measure something you've never seen? Or did you ask Barca if you could touch the trophy in 06 just to see what it felt like for a glimpse?

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

[b]totsreds08[/b] wrote:
Derek wrote:No, I measure Champions league sucess by winning the Champions league....Next
It's known arsenal fans think that champions league qualification means they've had a successful season.

Bit rich

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

The Kings Jesta wrote:Young defender made young defender errors last night. Will be interesting to see how many teams take points at City though. They are very solid and efficient. Thus I have them down to win the league, then Chelsea, the LFC. If we lose to Chelsea and City at their grounds, but pretty much take maximum points in every other game, we still be within a shout though.

Derek, can you measure something you've never seen? Or did you ask Barca if you could touch the trophy in 06 just to see what it felt like for a glimpse?

Mr Jesta, you are well on your way to becoming BUBU #2

Keep it up :D

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by maxin in the shade »

The Kings Jesta wrote:Young defender made young defender errors last night. Will be interesting to see how many teams take points at City though. They are very solid and efficient. Thus I have them down to win the league, then Chelsea, the LFC. If we lose to Chelsea and City at their grounds, but pretty much take maximum points in every other game, we still be within a shout though.

thats laughable!

you really think LFC will win every single match except the games v Man City and Chelsea

if you do, you should be champions - but you wont

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Let him go, its amusing.

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

totsreds08 wrote:
its "known" is it?

we dont have the financial clout to buy players like Man City/Chelsea so we're always gonna be lagging behind in that area

in spite of all that, we've consistently finished inside the top 4 year after year.

does that mean we consider that a success - no. it just means we're able to compete every season.

Not have one successful year every 7 or so then get our hopes up that "this will be our year"

The Kings Jesta
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

maxin in the shade wrote:

thats laughable!

you really think LFC will win every single match except the games v Man City and Chelsea

Not sure where I said we will win every game, just that we should be looking to take maximum points from the games away from Chelsea and City... is this not a concept your team is familiar with? Obviously you're also including Anfield, White Hart Lane, probably Old Trafford too based on the performance at Goodison.
Funny how a specifically LFC transfer topic is a gathering place for Arsenal fans... you guys lonely?

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

:lol: Stop embarrassing yourself.

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

totsreds08 wrote:
its "known" is it?

we dont have the financial clout to buy players like Man City/Chelsea so we're always gonna be lagging behind in that area

in spite of all that, we've consistently finished inside the top 4 year after year.

does that mean we consider that a success - no. it just means we're able to compete every season.

Not have one successful year every 7 or so then get our hopes up that "this will be our year"
yet you consistently lose your best players due to a lack of ambition.....

The Kings Jesta
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Derek wrote::lol: Stop embarrassing yourself.
Feel free to explain how I am embarrassing myself?
Or is that the most intelligent retort you have in the bag?

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

The Kings Jesta wrote:

thats laughable!

Not sure where I said we will win every game, just that we should be looking to take maximum points from the games away from Chelsea and City... is this not a concept your team is familiar with? Obviously you're also including Anfield, White Hart Lane, probably Old Trafford too based on the performance at Goodison.
Funny how a specifically LFC transfer topic is a gathering place for Arsenal fans... you guys lonely?
Of course you'd be looking to take points from other games. So would most other sides in the EPL

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

The Kings Jesta wrote:
Derek wrote::lol: Stop embarrassing yourself.
Feel free to explain how I am embarrassing myself?
Or is that the most intelligent retort you have in the bag?
Don't worry Derek will soon back down with his tail between his legs when he gets shown up.

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

:lol: You are just as simple as your friend.

The Kings Jesta
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Derek wrote::lol: You are just as simple as your friend.
Ah Derek, resorting to insults... sign of true class and intellect...

Wasn't it you last year making bets about where teams would finish up...? And how did that go for you?

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Yes it was, i have no issue with admitting that. Liverpool has an unbelievable finish to the season and proved me wrong. But for you to pretty much say, apart from City and Chelsea, you expect to take maxium points from all other games is just laughable.

The Kings Jesta
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Derek wrote:Yes it was, i have no issue with admitting that. Liverpool has an unbelievable finish to the season and proved me wrong. But for you to pretty much say, apart from City and Chelsea, you expect to take maxium points from all other games is just laughable.
To not want your team to take maximum points from winnable games... what would that be then?

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Its not about wanting them to win games, everyone wants their team to win! Your previous quote was basically an assumption that they would!

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

The Kings Jesta wrote:To not want your team to take maximum points from winnable games... what would that be then?
Rodgers' tactics at Palace last season ?

Fact Hunt
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Fact Hunt »

Rodgers tactical naivety at Palace and against Chelsea probably cost the title.