Balotelli to Liverpool

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Balotelli to Liverpool

Post by haywood djablowme »

The Kop wrote:enough of the season completed sample size to see all the useless stats to come out.

bit like the one doing the rounds yesterday on twitter: without Sanchez's goals and assists Arsenal would be lying 19th....

silly.
Still jelly of missing out on Sanchez :wink:

Where would Chelski be without Costa, Citeh without Sergio, Liverpool without Balo :lol:
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

haywood djablowme wrote:
The Kop wrote:enough of the season completed sample size to see all the useless stats to come out.

bit like the one doing the rounds yesterday on twitter: without Sanchez's goals and assists Arsenal would be lying 19th....

silly.
Still jelly of missing out on Sanchez :wink:

Where would Chelski be without Costa, Citeh without Sergio, Liverpool without Balo :lol:
Chelsea would be 2nd without Costa FYI - still would prefer that than to be a Spud, Gooner, Scouser or Manc!

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

silly.
Silly indeed coz it would only be a statistic when based on the premise that with Sanchez out we only play with ten, not very likely. I would say it’s more an indication of what a brilliant pick up he was for us and how well he has integrated into the squad. How good would he have been alongside Sterling & Sturridge, you can dream I suppose.

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

N5 1BH wrote:

silly.
Silly indeed coz it would only be a statistic when based on the premise that with Sanchez out we only play with ten, not very likely. I would say it’s more an indication of what a brilliant pick up he was for us and how well he has integrated into the squad. How good would he have been alongside Sterling & Sturridge, you can dream I suppose.
"Dream" - isn't that what Liverpool fans are used to?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

I think avoiding relegation will be deemed a successful campaign the way things are going at present. :x
Ignore this signature

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

I like Rodgers, but he’s doing himself in with his team selections and subs.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

The Kop wrote:I like Rodgers, but he’s doing himself in with his team selections and subs.
I hated it when I heard Suarez was sold, but didnt realise how big an impact it would have. Bottom line, in this business if results dont come soon, BR will be looking for work elsewhere.
Lets see what happens in Europe, the cup/s etc, but if not much happening in either nor the league by say, February, that will be it I reckon.
Ignore this signature

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Bomber wrote:
The Kop wrote:I like Rodgers, but he’s doing himself in with his team selections and subs.
I hated it when I heard Suarez was sold, but didnt realise how big an impact it would have. Bottom line, in this business if results dont come soon, BR will be looking for work elsewhere.
Lets see what happens in Europe, the cup/s etc, but if not much happening in either nor the league by say, February, that will be it I reckon.
Haha, and you lot all scoffed when I said you'd struggle without Suarez, just like we did without Bale.

It's not just the actual goals and assists you lose, it's the other players being more tightly marked and the having to change your whole structure, that exposes any underlying weaknesses.

I'd be happy if they get rid of BR, but I think it would be a big mistake.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Haha, and you lot all scoffed when I said you'd struggle without Suarez, just like we did without Bale.

It's not just the actual goals and assists you lose, it's the other players being more tightly marked and the having to change your whole structure, that exposes any underlying weaknesses.

I'd be happy if they get rid of BR, but I think it would be a big mistake.
There are bigger problems than lack of Suarez.
Rodgers needs to understand he’s putting his faith in players that wouldn’t give a toss if he’s out on his backside.

His “core group” are burning him week in week out but he makes changes elsewhere.

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Like I said, forget Suarez....
@Squawka
Liverpool have now committed 17 defensive errors this season, more than any other side in Europe's top 5 leagues.
there's 90% of your problem.

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Too many promises to too many players. Rookie move by a rookie coach.
Feel Good Inc.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

The Kop wrote:Like I said, forget Suarez....
@Squawka
Liverpool have now committed 17 defensive errors this season, more than any other side in Europe's top 5 leagues.
That's not a new problem though, but the loss of Suarez has made it more obvious to the uninitiated. How many defensive changes have you made from last season to this? One?

When Suarez was there, Pool kept the ball higher up the pitch for much longer, which took the pressure off the back four. Now they're having to actually defend, they're being seen for what they are. Average (Johnson & Skrtel especially).
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

The Kop wrote:Like I said, forget Suarez....
@Squawka
90% is pushing it. Being toothless up front has just added even more pressure to an already poor defence.
Feel Good Inc.

sephiroth
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sephiroth »

hypothetical - if Stevie G didn't slip over, would I be reading you guys having this conversation?

just goes to show how quickly the 'championship window' can shut.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

What will probably eventually do Rodgers in are his dealings in the transfer market. I heard that he has spent well over $400mil on nearly 30 players and apart from Sturridge which was a no brainer at the time I can’t think of any others that have really worked out yet. Lallana & Can possibly, but Coutinho, Allen, Lovren etc??? A lot of money has been spent

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Probably, but that's every manager. Unless you're buying bonafide world class players all transfers are a gamble.

I'm more concerned about the performance of players he inherited and his persistence to play them no matter what.

You can't play Gerrard at DM 90mins twice a week & Johnson out of position at LB when it's well known his contract won't be renewed and he's moving back to London next season.

Silver lining is such a congested mid-table group of teams all you need is a few results on the bounce and back on track, you don't even need to play well. See Newcastle & Man Utd.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

The Kop wrote:Probably, but that's every manager. Unless you're buying bonafide world class players all transfers are a gamble.

I'm more concerned about the performance of players he inherited and his persistence to play them no matter what.

You can't play Gerrard at DM 90mins twice a week & Johnson out of position at LB when it's well known his contract won't be renewed and he's moving back to London next season.

Silver lining is such a congested mid-table group of teams all you need is a few results on the bounce and back on track, you don't even need to play well. See Newcastle & Man Utd.
You can have Rafa

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

N5 1BH wrote:What will probably eventually do Rodgers in are his dealings in the transfer market. I heard that he has spent well over $400mil on nearly 30 players and apart from Sturridge which was a no brainer at the time I can’t think of any others that have really worked out yet. Lallana & Can possibly, but Coutinho, Allen, Lovren etc??? A lot of money has been spent
a lot of money spent on a lot of average rubbish.. needed to spend big to replace Suarez and spent the rest on 2-3 max
H _ S T _ K _ buy a vowel?
----------------------------

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Couple league games without Mr Balotelli, couple of wins. Hmmm.
Ignore this signature

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

I'd say more a case of:

a couple of league games with an actual defensive midfielder and a couple of wins.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

The Kop wrote:I'd say more a case of:

a couple of league games with an actual defensive midfielder and a couple of wins.
Not exactly comprehensive wins, but 6 points nonetheless. Perhaps you'll keep Brendan after all :lol:

What's the matter with Sterling falling over at the slightest touch? He's in danger of getting a reputation as a diver.
Danny Blanchflower

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Nice One Cyril wrote:

Not exactly comprehensive wins, but 6 points nonetheless. Perhaps you'll keep Brendan after all :lol:

What's the matter with Sterling falling over at the slightest touch? He's in danger of getting a reputation as a diver.
Check the Leeds player on the Championship thread.
Ignore this signature

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Bomber wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:

Check the Leeds player on the Championship thread.
He's definitely not the worst, but he used to try to stay on his feet, now he just collapses and I noticed Gerrard at it as well. Is Brendan actively encouraging them to go down?
Danny Blanchflower

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
He's definitely not the worst, but he used to try to stay on his feet, now he just collapses and I noticed Gerrard at it as well. Is Brendan actively encouraging them to go down?
Sterling comes across as light as a feather and Stevie's just getting old. Brendan wants to just keep his job, so who knows. :wink:
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Nice One Cyril wrote:

Getting? He's got one. Bloody foreigners ruining the game

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

On the subject of Balotelli, did anyone see his latest blunder insulting the Jews?
Danny Blanchflower

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Nice One Cyril wrote:On the subject of Balotelli, did anyone see his latest blunder insulting the Jews?
Didnt see it, but if its only jews he's supposed to have insulted, things cant be too bad. :P
Ignore this signature

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Welcome to the Europa League and playing EPL on bleedin' Sundays!
Danny Blanchflower

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Not sure if they will trouble the europa league for too long though to be fair. Is the europa league still on setanta or has it been relegated to eurosports now?

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote:Not sure if they will trouble the europa league for too long though to be fair. Is the europa league still on setanta or has it been relegated to eurosports now?
Al Jazeera bought Setanta in Oz, so it's now on beIN Sports.
Danny Blanchflower