Man Utd

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Man Utd

Post by The Kop »

haywood djablowme wrote:Plain & Simple we have to win our 4 remaining fixtures.. if not game over!! Liverpoo will be the one to slip up
Liverpool aren't winning away to West Ham. But I don't think Arsenal are beating Stoke AND Southampton away either.
United aren't being Spurs away.

Could come down to who beats who on the last day - Liverpool (h to Boro) Arsenal home to the Everton.

What a position for the Ev, could be scenario where they bend over and cop 3-4 to give Arsenal the GD over Liverpool or show some spine and make it competitive.

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

thebeautifulgame wrote:
Kosta Utd wrote:
thebeautifulgame wrote:
I agree with the first sentence but football carries its share of haters, bigots, racists etc. though thankfully it is the minority. It is human nature to sneer at the success of others, hence the jealousy and hate aimed at Man. Utd and no doubt fuelled by the Special One's appointment. On Brexit as a Scot/Brit I have mixed feelings on the subject but due to this being a 'Man. Utd.cheap and nasty thread it would be inappropriate for me to go on a rant. :D. Could easily discuss this on the Wild West section.
Back to football and the thread- don't think the Special One will dominate English Football (more difficult these days) but he will win the odd trophy now and again and potentially the Championship but only if he is given megabucks to spend. That said if he fails in the Championship and Champion's League his days will be numbered. I find it amusing that Mourinho is now talking up the Europa League and its importance but the goalposts have obviously moved due to the current league position. The heat will be on next season.
only reason mourinho is talking up Europa is due to direct qualification.. he considered the upcoming match against celta vigo as more important than the arsenal due to this reason alone.. what is the difference if you finish 5th or 6th when you can qualify for CL? most would agree with this also
If you read my previous post again you will realise we are stating much the same thing. If his team were sitting in the top three or four he would be scoffing at the Europa League and playing it down. As they are not he has to do the opposite and talk it up. He is entitled to change his priorities as the season unfolds but you can't disrespect a competition then respect it at the drop of a hat.

lol how on earth is that is he disrespecting the league?? how does finishing 4th or 5th give the league any respect back? your not even top 3 :lol:

its all about #1 winning the premier league #2 if that fails to get into CL qualification

are you seriously saying you would prefer to risk your players (who are in short supply and those available played too many games this month) to end up 4th (potentialy 5th), if you are you are only kidding yourself.

anyway on the flip side, the youngsters get taste of premier league at a time where mistakes dont matter.. might even unearth the next kid wonder in your ranks.. queue Axel Tuanzebe :idea:
H _ S T _ K _ buy a vowel?
----------------------------

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Mourinho needs to stop complaining about how many games Man U play means they still in hunt for trophies.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Kosta Utd wrote:lol how on earth is that is he disrespecting the league?? how does finishing 4th or 5th give the league any respect back? your not even top 3 :lol:

its all about #1 winning the premier league #2 if that fails to get into CL qualification

are you seriously saying you would prefer to risk your players (who are in short supply and those available played too many games this month) to end up 4th (potentialy 5th), if you are you are only kidding yourself.

anyway on the flip side, the youngsters get taste of premier league at a time where mistakes dont matter.. might even unearth the next kid wonder in your ranks.. queue Axel Tuanzebe :idea:
Millwall were fined this year for playing an understrength side in game that we won. One rule for the big clubs, another for the others. If you don't put your best team out, you should be fined. It compromised the integrity of the competition and is basically match fixing.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Kosta Utd wrote:lol how on earth is that is he disrespecting the league?? how does finishing 4th or 5th give the league any respect back? your not even top 3 :lol:

Millwall were fined this year for playing an understrength side in game that we won. One rule for the big clubs, another for the others. If you don't put your best team out, you should be fined. It compromised the integrity of the competition and is basically match fixing.
Who decides which players constitute your best side? The Manager, so whomever he picks must be right :wink:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Nice One Cyril wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:

Who decides which players constitute your best side? The Manager, so whomever he picks must be right :wink:
Very simple way is to make it the amount of "unforced" changes. This is how a number of League One/Two teams were fined this season.

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

In the PL rule changed a few years ago.
As long as players in 25man registered squad, no problem.

What could be a problem is the E47m Pogba’s agent earnt on the transfer deal.
Ban both clubs from transfers I say.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

The Kop wrote:In the PL rule changed a few years ago.

Whilst I agree that it's disgusting, I can't see why it should be a problem unless he had part ownership of Pogba, a la Tevez affair.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

The Kop wrote:
Liverpool aren't winning away to West Ham. But I don't think Arsenal are beating Stoke AND Southampton away either.
United aren't being Spurs away.

Could come down to who beats who on the last day - Liverpool (h to Boro) Arsenal home to the Everton.

What a position for the Ev, could be scenario where they bend over and cop 3-4 to give Arsenal the GD over Liverpool or show some spine and make it competitive.
1 down, 3 to go
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
The Kop wrote:In the PL rule changed a few years ago.

Whilst I agree that it's disgusting, I can't see why it should be a problem unless he had part ownership of Pogba, a la Tevez affair.
its only a problem for anyone outside of Pogba, his agent and man utd.. seriously who cares and why does it matter?

on another note.. united in the final v Ajax, not going to be easy we limped through today.. if celta took their chances it would of been game over

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

Champions of Europe :D

well B grade Europe anyway.. regardless Champions League qualification has been achieved, so all in all a good first season with the special one in charge

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

I remember the days when manu people used to scoff at the League Cup and Europa Cup. I guess it all depends on who wins them and when. :P
Ignore this signature

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

After the Manchester bomb blast the other night, I thought ManUre handled the final very well.

It must have been difficult for many of the players as it was a little too close to home for them.

At least the 'Special One' will have the chance to prove whether he really is a 'Special' manager next season and make up for a pretty disappointing season, from a footballing view, finishing out of the Europe places, a worse finish than the last season, with a team he's put together.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

Bomber wrote:I remember the days when manu people used to scoff at the League Cup and Europa Cup. I guess it all depends on who wins them and when. :P
No more along the lines of what they offer, giving a CL place gives it more purpose / substance in winning

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Old Master wrote:After the Manchester bomb blast the other night, I thought ManUre handled the final very well.

It must have been difficult for many of the players as it was a little too close to home for them.

At least the 'Special One' will have the chance to prove whether he really is a 'Special' manager next season and make up for a pretty disappointing season, from a footballing view, finishing out of the Europe places, a worse finish than the last season, with a team he's put together.
Got to agree with this assessment and glad they won it under the circumstances. Acid test next year on two fronts but I think the most passionate United fans will hope for a vast improvement and I'm not convinced they are capable of it next season. If Mourinho under achieves I think he will fabricate an exit and blame everyone but himself.
None the less Man Utd should be congratulated for pulling it off under such terrible circumstances.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

FFS....everything is relative.......Mourinho in his first season has won two cups and qualified for the champions league

liverpool have 1 cup to show in 10 years
totenham????
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote:FFS....everything is relative.......Mourinho in his first season has won two cups and qualified for the champions league

liverpool have 1 cup to show in 10 years
totenham????

With the money they spent, is that enough?

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

once again...everything is relative....

ask liverpool about the '00's of millions spent since their last title....

agree....man U fans wouldve have wanted more this season...top 4 yes....title would be pushing it. Mourinho is pragmatic, when he realised he was in a fight for 4th with teams with no european distractions, he made a judgement call about the most realistic way of achieving Champions league next season.

no, im not english and have never been to Manchester, but i have followed/supported them since their FA cup loss to Arsenal in '78 (i think) and am happy to concede that theres a lot less enjoyment in the way that the team is playing. but if you know your football and you know Mourinho, you would know what we got.

the following sums him up.....

Mourinho's simple seven-point plan for winning big games:
1) The game is won by the team who commits fewer errors.

2) Football favours whoever provokes more errors in the opposition.

3) Away from home, instead of trying to be superior to the opposition, it’s better to encourage their mistakes.

4) Whoever has the ball is more likely to make a mistake.

5) Whoever renounces possession reduces the possibility of making a mistake.

6) Whoever has the ball has fear.

7) Whoever does not have it is thereby stronger.

the fact that he has won 12/14 cup finals says it all
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Hard to fault his record, but I'd always imagined that the game was won by the team that scored the most goals?

And points 4-7 are rubbish btw. :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

MegaBonus wrote:once again...everything is relative....

ask liverpool about the '00's of millions spent since their last title....

agree....man U fans wouldve have wanted more this season...top 4 yes....title would be pushing it. Mourinho is pragmatic, when he realised he was in a fight for 4th with teams with no european distractions, he made a judgement call about the most realistic way of achieving Champions league next season.

no, im not english and have never been to Manchester, but i have followed/supported them since their FA cup loss to Arsenal in '78 (i think) and am happy to concede that theres a lot less enjoyment in the way that the team is playing. but if you know your football and you know Mourinho, you would know what we got.

the following sums him up.....

Mourinho's simple seven-point plan for winning big games:
1) The game is won by the team who commits fewer errors.

2) Football favours whoever provokes more errors in the opposition.

3) Away from home, instead of trying to be superior to the opposition, it’s better to encourage their mistakes.

4) Whoever has the ball is more likely to make a mistake.

5) Whoever renounces possession reduces the possibility of making a mistake.

6) Whoever has the ball has fear.

7) Whoever does not have it is thereby stronger.

the fact that he has won 12/14 cup finals says it all

That list could just as easily have been made by the late, great Bill Shankley, or any of a number of British managers of the 1960's - 1970's.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

^^^^^^^
You can't be more wrong....

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

someone may have already said it, I find it interesting that when other clubs win this Cup it is only a mickey mouse trophy, when Man Utd win it, their supporters claim to be champions of the europe ?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

The General wrote:someone may have already said it, I find it interesting that when other clubs win this Cup it is only a mickey mouse trophy, when Man Utd win it, their supporters claim to be champions of the europe ?
They do live in a world of their own
Ignore this signature

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

The General wrote:someone may have already said it, I find it interesting that when other clubs win this Cup it is only a mickey mouse trophy, when Man Utd win it, their supporters claim to be champions of the europe ?

Not all supporters, but the main point is that Mourinho wanted Champions League Football next year, and he delivered!
We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Enjoying Man Utd fans trying to justify Mourinho's negativity V the scousers after weeks of them banging on about how big and tough they are.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

N5 1BH wrote:Enjoying Man Utd fans trying to justify Mourinho's negativity V the scousers after weeks of them banging on about how big and tough they are.
Jose is just scared of losing to Liverpool, whereas SAF always went for the win. All well and good for them to get the point, just hope he doesn't moan if other teams come to Old Trafford and do the same and succeed.
Ignore this signature

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

Bomber wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:Enjoying Man Utd fans trying to justify Mourinho's negativity V the scousers after weeks of them banging on about how big and tough they are.
Jose is just scared of losing to Liverpool, whereas SAF always went for the win. All well and good for them to get the point, just hope he doesn't moan if other teams come to Old Trafford and do the same and succeed.

nothing wrong with getting a point out of that match but agree with the difference of SAF and mourinho..

either way at this time it is imporant united get back on their winning ways, any means necessary... or they may end up like liverpool 8)

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Kosta Utd wrote:nothing wrong with getting a point out of that match but agree with the difference of SAF and mourinho..

either way at this time it is imporant united get back on their winning ways, any means necessary... or they may end up like liverpool 8)
No bloody wonder Mourinho's negative with defenders like that. I wonder if Swanny's sobered up yet?
Danny Blanchflower

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
Kosta Utd wrote:nothing wrong with getting a point out of that match but agree with the difference of SAF and mourinho..

No bloody wonder Mourinho's negative with defenders like that. I wonder if Swanny's sobered up yet?
That's a sobering thought :D
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Was a time not too long ago, when there was a game on telly as a neutral you’d see it was man utd and think I’ll watch this coz it should be a decent game at least. Not any more