Man Utd

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Man Utd

Post by Stuckey »

Kosta Utd wrote:
Stuckey wrote:
Kosta Utd wrote:one magic performance but one of many more to come.. stuckey the unbeliever
I've never said he's a bad player and won't be good for MU, I believe he will be.
I just need more then one good game to claim him as value for money.
did u even watch the game? Was like nothing ive seen of united for quiet a while

take each day as it comes, enjoy the moment
I am enjoying the moment I'm just not getting wrapped up like we just won the Manchester derby. We beat QPR, three seasons ago that would be have an expected result. This is a small step in the right direction. Next week is IMO another step up playing Leicester away who will probably still be playing with confidence after holding Arsenal there not long ago.

Happy with Blind though. Already starting to back my excitement as MU's best signing of the summer.

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

what amazed me about Blind what the way he moulded right into the team, as if he had been playing there for years.. would have to be his understanding of how LVG wants him to play, excellent signing

Di Maria, Herrera, Blind all in great form.. all excellent signings to date
H _ S T _ K _ buy a vowel?
----------------------------

BruceLee
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BruceLee »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
BruceLee wrote:Blind was excellent. Di Maria is sublime. What a combination of dribbling and passing. I would rather have him than Ronaldo or Bale for that reason. A joy to watch.
:lol: I think it's you doing the dribbling :wink:
Hehe. I didn't expect ppl to agree with me. I just don't recall seeing a guy that could do both the midfield playmaker role and attacking winger role the way he does. Given how short united are/were on quality I think di maria is the best option currently

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Kosta Utd wrote:what amazed me about Blind what the way he moulded right into the team, as if he had been playing there for years.. would have to be his understanding of how LVG wants him to play, excellent signing

Yeah, even directing play from the get go. Very impressive. You have to admit there was a fair bit of luck involved in Di Maria's goal though.
Herrera was a little wayward IMO, I liked the look of Rojo as well.
As I said its not that I think the signings are rubbish, far from it. I just don't like the amount the club overpaid for some of them. But if it means that the club is competitive this season and is back in the Champions League next year, then the club can focus on getting back to developing a decent portion of their squad then I'm happy enough with that. In saying that Blackett was much better as well. Looks far more comfortable in a back four.

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

at first I thought that Di Maria's goal was pure luck.. but if his statement is to be believed he actually practised those free kicks at training. just over the wall to curl and bounce into the far post.. who knows but what cannot be denied is that in two games (argentina friendly included) he set up 5 goals and scored two - now that is impressive

he also set up two more goal scoring opportunities in the match against QPR which should of but didn't get scored, the man is involved everywhere

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Kosta Utd wrote:at first I thought that Di Maria's goal was pure luck.. but if his statement is to be believed he actually practised those free kicks at training. just over the wall to curl and bounce into the far post.. who knows but what cannot be denied is that in two games (argentina friendly included) he set up 5 goals and scored two - now that is impressive

he also set up two more goal scoring opportunities in the match against QPR which should of but didn't get scored, the man is involved everywhere
True. I'm gonna save judgement on him though for a bigger game then QPR or a meaningless international friendly though.
Its great he's playing well but lets save the songs of praise till he does something against Shitty, Chelsea and the Scousers.

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

Stuckey wrote:
Kosta Utd wrote:at first I thought that Di Maria's goal was pure luck.. but if his statement is to be believed he actually practised those free kicks at training. just over the wall to curl and bounce into the far post.. who knows but what cannot be denied is that in two games (argentina friendly included) he set up 5 goals and scored two - now that is impressive

True. I'm gonna save judgement on him though for a bigger game then QPR or a meaningless international friendly though.
Its great he's playing well but lets save the songs of praise till he does something against Shitty, Chelsea and the Scousers.
you do that.. i'll keep praising him from now in anticipation of your acknowledgement which is certainly to come

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

On a fairly related topic to what I've been discussing.
Why United should pass on Ronaldo
http://cantheyscore.com/2014/09/15/cris ... core%3F%29

My favourite line:
the addition of Ronaldo for me would scream more of adding a flake to an ice cream but forgetting the cone.
And surprise surprise I agree with it!

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

Kosta Utd wrote:what amazed me about Blind what the way he moulded right into the team, as if he had been playing there for years.. would have to be his understanding of how LVG wants him to play, excellent signing

He seems to have fit well into the team. Very happy about that. I am always happy when ex-Ajax players play good for their new clubs as it just adds more credibility to our youth system.

One big difference between players around the 23/24 mark who leave Ajax/Holland (compared to England) is that the talent gets a chance to play first team football. So generally when they leave for a club with more money they have already played 100+ first team games plus around 18 CL games. Thats a lot of experience for a young player. Thats why IMO a lot of English talents never realise their potential as they dont play enough games.

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

ruud wrote:

He seems to have fit well into the team. Very happy about that. I am always happy when ex-Ajax players play good for their new clubs as it just adds more credibility to our youth system.

One big difference between players around the 23/24 mark who leave Ajax/Holland (compared to England) is that the talent gets a chance to play first team football. So generally when they leave for a club with more money they have already played 100+ first team games plus around 18 CL games. Thats a lot of experience for a young player. Thats why IMO a lot of English talents never realise their potential as they dont play enough games.
Exactly that's what I would like to see happen in the HAL. Obviously not to the level of the Dutch though.

Derek
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Derek »

Excellent result

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Derek wrote:Excellent result
You might find Leicester to be more of a threat than the mob they beat this season though. :wink:
Ignore this signature

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

I felt the first penalty was soft as which got the game swinging back Leicester's way. But other then that a horrible 2nd half there.
I felt LVG's choice to take Falcao off was strange I felt he looked most likely to peg it back.
Replacing Di Maria with Mata turned out to be a disaster.

Not that its relevant anymore but Falcao's cross for RVP's goal and Di Maria's chip were both sublime.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Stuckey wrote:I felt the first penalty was soft as which got the game swinging back Leicester's way. But other then that a horrible 2nd half there.
I felt LVG's choice to take Falcao off was strange I felt he looked most likely to peg it back.

Not that its relevant anymore but Falcao's cross for RVP's goal and Di Maria's chip were both sublime.
Dont worry too much. We lost too, so did Spurs and even better, the Toffees at home to Palace! One of those weeks.
Ignore this signature

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

Bomber wrote:
Stuckey wrote:I felt the first penalty was soft as which got the game swinging back Leicester's way. But other then that a horrible 2nd half there.

Dont worry too much. We lost too, so did Spurs and even better, the Toffees at home to Palace! One of those weeks.
Would have been a perfect week to get back up there! :cry:

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

Rafael should of been awarded a free kick, that's a hip n shoulder a AFL player would of been proud of.. but instead the ref awards a bottle of shiraz penalty for a softer challenge straight after? ridiculous

from there the next goal was a total howler, 4 untied players in the box all ball watching

next goal was with Blackett 100% at fault.. quick break and Blackett decides to leave the Leister player running free as a free range chicken straight down the guts to take on the other attacking Leicester player on the right hand flank.. WFT??? who on earth leaves someone running free down the centre of the pitch? primary school stuff, well as predicted the ball is passed down the centre, shoot goal

4 goals in 20 mins? total collapse.. defence needs to be addressed as a priority

the match up until the penalty the game was totally controlled by united with plenty of flair and movement in the last third.. united always looking dangerous

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Kosta Utd wrote:

Rafael should of been awarded a free kick, that's a hip n shoulder a AFL player would of been proud of.. but instead the ref awards a bottle of shiraz penalty for a softer challenge straight after? ridiculous

from there the next goal was a total howler, 4 untied players in the box all ball watching

next goal was with Blackett 100% at fault.. quick break and Blackett decides to leave the Leister player running free as a free range chicken straight down the guts to take on the other attacking Leicester player on the right hand flank.. WFT??? who on earth leaves someone running free down the centre of the pitch? primary school stuff, well as predicted the ball is passed down the centre, shoot goal

4 goals in 20 mins? total collapse.. defence needs to be addressed as a priority

the match up until the penalty the game was totally controlled by united with plenty of flair and movement in the last third.. united always looking dangerous
Fair play to LVG, he had the right reaction to the penalty. Rafael is just a dumbarse.
The Dutchman refused to criticise referee Mark Clattenburg for not penalising Jamie Vardy for a barge on Rafael just outside the box moments before the Brazilian defender conceded the penalty which Nugent converted.
"For the first penalty it is always the referee [who you talk about] but you don't have to do that as a player," added the 63-year-old.
"You know you are in the penalty area and you allow the referee to whistle if you make a challenge. I don't know if it is a penalty but we have to look at ourselves because we made such big errors as a team."
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Doome
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Doome »

Kosta Utd wrote:

The defence is awful as the attack now is beautiful, I think Barcelona is an example for United

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Man U clinched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Very poor defending but the midfield set up is all about goal scoring, defensive not a priority.

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

I would bet "OVER 2.75 ball" for any Manchester United match from now on till the end of the season..
Looks like an easy money to me ..

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

A few decent defenders wouldn't go astray instead of the panic buys

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:A few decent defenders wouldn't go astray instead of the panic buys
got to score goals to win games

Old Redback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Old Redback »

Kosta Utd wrote:
El Pibe D'Oro wrote:A few decent defenders wouldn't go astray instead of the panic buys
Doesn't help if the other team score more than you.

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

Old Redback wrote:
Kosta Utd wrote:

I don't believe you E=mc2

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Kosta Utd wrote:
All the worlds best teams are built on I good defences

Phil Jones at CB is an indictment on the Man Utd name

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

Kosta Utd wrote:
Old Redback wrote:
Kosta Utd wrote:got to score goals to win games

I don't believe you E=mc2
Well at least he picked up on something you appear to be totally oblivious to.
Time for some righteous indignation

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:
Kosta Utd wrote:

I think that's a pretty harsh assessment. He's still only 22.
Its clear he's not yet a player to build a defence round. But he has a great deal of potential. I feel to succeed at Man Utd and England he needs to stick to a certain position, and remain injury free for a while.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

El Pibe D'Oro wrote:
Kosta Utd wrote:

If you think Jones is bad, what about Evans and Smalling, and don't start me on Rafael? Blackett might turn out OK and I haven't seen enough of Rojo or Varela, but it's a rubbish defence and hard to see why they didn't replace Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra with some proven quality.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

Moyes's record is currently better than LVG's. without spending 150 mill. Should the Dutchman be treated differently if champions league or Europe is looking dodgy by february?
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

Stuckey
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stuckey »

redfred wrote:Moyes's record is currently better than LVG's. without spending 150 mill. Should the Dutchman be treated differently if champions league or Europe is looking dodgy by february?
I say yes. Moyes walked in to the club with them being reigning champions. LVG has come in and said from the get go he will make big changes that will take time to bare fruit.
I'm aware I'm not a normal Man Utd fan but I'm willing to give him time. Although some more defensive buys would have made my time I'm giving him more comfortable!