Man Utd

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Man Utd

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Mr Red wrote:Ashley Young - Man Utd to Inter Milan
big step up.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

The Normal One. wrote:
Mr Red wrote:Ashley Young - Man Utd to Inter Milan
big step up.
lol - very much so these days, especially after last nights result hey :) :wink:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Battered by Liverpool really.

De Gea weak as piss, that was never a foul. Mind you, Mane goes down quicker than a cheap hooker.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

[quote="Nice One Cyril"]Battered by Liverpool really.

De Gea weak as piss, that was never a foul. Mind you, Mane goes down quicker than a cheap hooker.[/quote]

TBF most teams are the same at present.
The game was just like playing Spurs last week, we dominate, can't kill the game and then are holding on.

(Not trolling you)

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

The Normal One. wrote:The game was just like playing Spurs last week, we dominate, can't kill the game and then are holding on.

(Not trolling you)
Very reminiscent of the United teams under Fergie, always found a way to get the job done, sometimes with the help of a referee mind you.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Solskjær is a dead man walking....Poch waiting on the sidelines...
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Mal Venus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Mal Venus »

Great to see someone spell his name correctly.
Retards who can't quote go on the foes list.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote:
The Normal One. wrote:The game was just like playing Spurs last week, we dominate, can't kill the game and then are holding on.

(Not trolling you)
Very reminiscent of the United teams under Fergie, always found a way to get the job done, sometimes with the help of a referee mind you.
Keep up, we have multiple referees helping us...most based in stockley park!

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Mal Venus wrote:Great to see someone spell his name correctly.

some of those letters don't even exist.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

MegaBonus wrote:Solskjær is a dead man walking....Poch waiting on the sidelines...

You cant be serious? They just signed him on a 3 year deal!
Its not his fault the talent or lack of, at his disposal is affecting results!
But just like many top teams in Europe, they want results immediately
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Michael wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:Solskjær is a dead man walking....Poch waiting on the sidelines...

You cant be serious? They just signed him on a 3 year deal!
Its not his fault the talent or lack of, at his disposal is affecting results!
But just like many top teams in Europe, they want results immediately
Tend to agree with Mega, the £10m payoff for replacing him isn't going to worry United and he looks out of his depth.
Danny Blanchflower

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

not only because of results....he hasn't improved the overall team.....which of the senior players have improved?

also.....he too is playing a counter attacking game...something Mourinho was criticised for. Stats show, we win more games when we have less possession.

Greenwood and Williams are for the future though...
Last edited by MegaBonus on Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Nice One Cyril wrote: Tend to agree with Mega, the £10m payoff for replacing him isn't going to worry United and he looks out of his depth.
However, he did spend a lot of money in the summer.
Also sold players and didn't replace them.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

The Normal One. wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote: Tend to agree with Mega, the £10m payoff for replacing him isn't going to worry United and he looks out of his depth.
However, he did spend a lot of money in the summer.
Also sold players and didn't replace them.

So he managed the team?
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

whats the use of an academy if you don't play them. I know mctominay is injured but greenwood chong Williams Gomez etc are not. play them for petes sake before they go. :roll:

Inoue Waka
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Inoue Waka »

All hail Burnley.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Inoue Waka wrote:All hail Burnley.
I would slag United off, but Spurs aren't much better atm, neither are Arsenal, which leaves the door open for scumbags Chelsea to finish fourth.
Danny Blanchflower

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

theorakle wrote:whats the use of an academy if you don't play them. I know mctominay is injured but greenwood chong Williams Gomez etc are not. play them for petes sake before they go. :roll:

I agree, there is no way they are going to make the Champions League this season and the Europa is a second rate comp anyway, so why not give the youngsters some game time and get them blooded ready for next season.

That way they can see where they are and who they need to bring in and who they don't.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

win the europa =cl

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

The Normal One. wrote:win the europa =cl
Aargh, help! I’m finding I’m agreeing with Pseudonym! 3 EPL Clubs are still in the running to potentially win this year’s Europa League and qualify for the next Champions League.

A further thing, 4 points separate 10 Clubs (ManU 5th on 34 points, Newcastle 14th on 30points) and all 10 of them will be striving to win a spot in next season’s Europa League and what that could mean in the future.

And some of those 10 Clubs will even be hoping that wobbly Chelski (4th on 40 points) could drop at least some games in the 14 remaining.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Old Master wrote:
theorakle wrote:whats the use of an academy if you don't play them. I know mctominay is injured but greenwood chong Williams Gomez etc are not. play them for petes sake before they go. :roll:

I agree, there is no way they are going to make the Champions League this season and the Europa is a second rate comp anyway, so why not give the youngsters some game time and get them blooded ready for next season.

That way they can see where they are and who they need to bring in and who they don't.
I disagree Solskjaer has given juniors more game time than Mourinho ever did at Man U.

Tranmere Rovers
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Tranmere Rovers »

Hopefully they'll be bundled out of the FA Cup in their next game.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

when is it oles birthday. someone should send him a hair dryer. perhaps sir alex could send him his. its hard to know which man u team will turn up on the day. it must be driving ole nuts. woodward should only pay them when they WIN or play the academy who would pay to play for the bloody shirt. money ruins everything. fans left old Trafford in droves, unheard of at old Trafford. this never happened with peter Kenyon or david gill. woodward knows nothing about football all he does is sell shirts and if the glazers don't watch it their cash cow will go down the gurgler. its not oles fault,he asked right at the start for 3 years to rebuild and he will get them. I just wish he would stop showing such faith in pogbad who only plays when he wants to. he seems to be madly in love with himself. give me mctominay or mata anytime. anyone who is not prepared to die on the field for the greatest club in the world should never be considered. :roll:

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

theorakle wrote:put Izzo De Gea up front, they know to pass to him. :wink:

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

ozzie owl wrote:
Old Master wrote:

I disagree Solskjaer has given juniors more game time than Mourinho ever did at Man U.

AF was on the verge of being sacked after three years of struggling and poor results when his policy of pushing young players into the first team began to pay off and they won the FA cup.
From then on they began a 20 year domination of the Premier League - that is what Ole is working towards with AF's support and influence in the background.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

The Normal One. wrote:win the europa =cl
Aargh, help! I’m finding I’m agreeing with Pseudonym! 3 EPL Clubs are still in the running to potentially win this year’s Europa League and qualify for the next Champions League.

A further thing, 4 points separate 10 Clubs (ManU 5th on 34 points, Newcastle 14th on 30points) and all 10 of them will be striving to win a spot in next season’s Europa League and what that could mean in the future.

And some of those 10 Clubs will even be hoping that wobbly Chelski (4th on 40 points) could drop at least some games in the 14 remaining.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

I see the "long suffering" Man U supporters are planning a walk out during the match against Wolves on Feb 1st awe lifes tough :wink:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ary-1.html

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

ozzie owl wrote:I see the "long suffering" Man U supporters are planning a walk out during the match against Wolves on Feb 1st awe lifes tough :wink:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ary-1.html
Why the inverted commas around long suffering, it implies the article calls them that, yet I cant see the term?

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

MegaBonus

Solskjær is a dead man walking....Poch waiting on the sidelines...

not that im in the habit of replying to my own posts but Ive just read that Poch would need to repay $10 million if he accepted another EPL job this season.....

theres always Poch's idol who has turned Leeds around....

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

See Man Utd CEU Edward Woodwards home targeted by Man U 'fans" overnight .

ailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-7940359/Manchester-United-fans-launch-fireworks-smoke-bomb-Ed-Woodwards-2m-Poor Quality-mansion.html

Gee a few bad seasons and these is what some so called fans resort too.