Man Utd

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Man Utd

Post by Kosta Utd »

actually it was.. finished 12:30 am which makes it today yeah?
H _ S T _ K _ buy a vowel?
----------------------------

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Kosta Utd wrote:actually it was.. finished 12:30 am which makes it today yeah?
What time zone are you in?

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

God is an Englishman wrote:

u very well know what timezone i am in, this is as fine a giae backtrack as one will ever see

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

United's April fixtures are a joke.. 9 matches in 30 days including international travel.. The squad will be going through a bit of rotation so hoping for no more injuries or suspensions

One thing is for sure a lot will be decided over the coming month, 21 PL points up for grabs and potential semi-final place in Europe

1/4 West Brom V United
4/4 United V Everton
9/4 Sunderland V United
13/4 Anderlecht V United
16/4 United V Chelsea
20/4 United V Anderlecht
23/4 Burnley V United
27/4 City V United
30/4 United V Swansea

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Kosta Utd wrote:United's April fixtures are a joke.. 9 matches in 30 days including international travel.. The squad will be going through a bit of rotation so hoping for no more injuries or suspensions

One thing is for sure a lot will be decided over the coming month, 21 PL points up for grabs and potential semi-final place in Europe

1/4 West Brom V United
4/4 United V Everton
9/4 Sunderland V United
13/4 Anderlecht V United
16/4 United V Chelsea
20/4 United V Anderlecht
23/4 Burnley V United
27/4 City V United
30/4 United V Swansea
There was a time when ManU people cared about playing in Europe. :P

If that were us, I'd only worry about Burnley, Sunderland & Swansea. The rest, no problem.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Kosta Utd wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:

u very well know what timezone i am in, this is as fine a giae backtrack as one will ever see
How is it a "backtrack" when it's the same question as originally asked?
So what time zone are you in?

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

Bomber wrote:
Kosta Utd wrote:United's April fixtures are a joke.. 9 matches in 30 days including international travel.. The squad will be going through a bit of rotation so hoping for no more injuries or suspensions

1/4 West Brom V United
4/4 United V Everton
9/4 Sunderland V United
13/4 Anderlecht V United
16/4 United V Chelsea
20/4 United V Anderlecht
23/4 Burnley V United
27/4 City V United
30/4 United V Swansea
There was a time when ManU people cared about playing in Europe. :P

If that were us, I'd only worry about Burnley, Sunderland & Swansea. The rest, no problem.

hey a lot of united people do care about europe.. win that and enter CL in style next season, plus top 4 harder than it sounds these days with the quality of the CL and united rebuilding

main issue here is the number of games played in such a small space of time and the lack of rest between games, nearly a game every 3 days

your comment re liverpool is true though, fared better against the tops sides than bottom this season

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

The question now is, can Leicester overtake Man United and Arsenal for sixth spot? :lol:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

well cyril, what you think of those apples ;)

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Kosta Utd wrote:well cyril, what you think of those apples ;)
:lol: You're not even in the top four. Nice to see Arsenal in seventh though.
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

paint it any way you like, top 4 looking better this week than it did last week.. on both fronts so im happy with that

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Funny how Man Utd have become everything they used to look down on. Spend more money than City, change managers more than Chelsea, bang on about their ‘history’ more than the scousers and call 4th an achievement like Arsenal

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

N5 1BH wrote:Funny how Man Utd have become everything they used to look down on. Spend more money than City, change managers more than Chelsea, bang on about their ‘history’ more than the scousers and call 4th an achievement like Arsenal
Mass celebrations when they stumble past the mightly Burnley :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

Nice One Cyril wrote:
N5 1BH wrote:Funny how Man Utd have become everything they used to look down on. Spend more money than City, change managers more than Chelsea, bang on about their ‘history’ more than the scousers and call 4th an achievement like Arsenal
you are both short sighted

was always going to be a struggle after Sir Alex retired, big shoes to fill at a time where the EPL is becoming more competitive

this season is a good building block for the glory days to come

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Kosta Utd wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:
you are both short sighted

was always going to be a struggle after Sir Alex retired, big shoes to fill at a time where the EPL is becoming more competitive

this season is a good building block for the glory days to come

It seems the United Board thought it was going to be much easier to do things their way when SAF retired, as he had the power of the supporters behind him and the trophies in the cabinet.

Only it has turned out that their way isn't the right way after all.

It will be many years of frustration before ManUre are in a position to dominate the EPL again.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Great performance against City, but all the fans seem to have disappeared? :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

Cat In The Hat
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Cat In The Hat »

Bit far to travel from Surrey on a week night.
johndedes wrote:I have no idea

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

God is an Englishman wrote:So what time zone are you in?
Still no answer

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

The worst/most hated brand as voted by people in the UK? Manchester United. There's a surprise.
Ignore this signature

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

CL participation looking better 8) superb free kick from Rashford, Pogba was sorely missed over the past couple of premier league matches

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Bomber wrote:The worst/most hated brand as voted by people in the UK? Manchester United. There's a surprise.
And as a complete neutral and hence unbiased toward any English team in my opinion it is because they are the most successful club (Chelsea apart) over the last decade in English football. And because they are also one of the richest they are despised even more by rival fans. No surprise as success breeds jealousy. Also Chelsea fans won't be as jealous but as Mr. Perfect is now boss at Man.Utd. many of them will show hatred towards them.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

thebeautifulgame wrote:
Bomber wrote:The worst/most hated brand as voted by people in the UK? Manchester United. There's a surprise.
And as a complete neutral and hence unbiased toward any English team in my opinion it is because they are the most successful club (Chelsea apart) over the last decade in English football. And because they are also one of the richest they are despised even more by rival fans. No surprise as success breeds jealousy. Also Chelsea fans won't be as jealous but as Mr. Perfect is now boss at Man.Utd. many of them will show hatred towards them.
There is so much more to hate in life and be jealous of. The people spoke and you cant deny the masses. Ask Brexit.
Ignore this signature

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Bomber wrote:
thebeautifulgame wrote:
There is so much more to hate in life and be jealous of. The people spoke and you cant deny the masses. Ask Brexit.
I agree with the first sentence but football carries its share of haters, bigots, racists etc. though thankfully it is the minority. It is human nature to sneer at the success of others, hence the jealousy and hate aimed at Man. Utd and no doubt fuelled by the Special One's appointment. On Brexit as a Scot/Brit I have mixed feelings on the subject but due to this being a 'Man. Utd.' thread it would be inappropriate for me to go on a rant. :D. Could easily discuss this on the Wild West section.
Back to football and the thread- don't think the Special One will dominate English Football (more difficult these days) but he will win the odd trophy now and again and potentially the Championship but only if he is given megabucks to spend. That said if he fails in the Championship and Champion's League his days will be numbered. I find it amusing that Mourinho is now talking up the Europa League and its importance but the goalposts have obviously moved due to the current league position. The heat will be on next season.

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Perhaps if the 'Special One' stopped criticising his players publicly, he might just manage to stay at a club for more than two seasons?
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

The race for fourth is hotting up. If United win the Europa League and thus qualify for CL that way, I'm assuming that we only get three spots through the Premier League?
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Nice One Cyril wrote:The race for fourth is hotting up. If United win the Europa League and thus qualify for CL that way, I'm assuming that we only get three spots through the Premier League?
Wrong Cyril, i know you just dont want us Gooners in there :wink:

Max Premier league allocation is 5 teams
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote:
Nice One Cyril wrote:The race for fourth is hotting up. If United win the Europa League and thus qualify for CL that way, I'm assuming that we only get three spots through the Premier League?
Wrong Cyril, i know you just dont want us Gooners in there :wink:

Max Premier league allocation is 5 teams
Damm, was I that transparent? :lol:

You still have to somehow overtake City and Liverpool. It would be heartbreaking if you missed out on goal difference :wink:
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Plain & Simple we have to win our 4 remaining fixtures.. if not game over!! Liverpoo will be the one to slip up
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

thebeautifulgame wrote:
I agree with the first sentence but football carries its share of haters, bigots, racists etc. though thankfully it is the minority. It is human nature to sneer at the success of others, hence the jealousy and hate aimed at Man. Utd and no doubt fuelled by the Special One's appointment. On Brexit as a Scot/Brit I have mixed feelings on the subject but due to this being a 'Man. Utd.cheap and nasty thread it would be inappropriate for me to go on a rant. :D. Could easily discuss this on the Wild West section.
Back to football and the thread- don't think the Special One will dominate English Football (more difficult these days) but he will win the odd trophy now and again and potentially the Championship but only if he is given megabucks to spend. That said if he fails in the Championship and Champion's League his days will be numbered. I find it amusing that Mourinho is now talking up the Europa League and its importance but the goalposts have obviously moved due to the current league position. The heat will be on next season.
only reason mourinho is talking up Europa is due to direct qualification.. he considered the upcoming match against celta vigo as more important than the arsenal due to this reason alone.. what is the difference if you finish 5th or 6th when you can qualify for CL? most would agree with this also

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Kosta Utd wrote:
thebeautifulgame wrote:
I agree with the first sentence but football carries its share of haters, bigots, racists etc. though thankfully it is the minority. It is human nature to sneer at the success of others, hence the jealousy and hate aimed at Man. Utd and no doubt fuelled by the Special One's appointment. On Brexit as a Scot/Brit I have mixed feelings on the subject but due to this being a 'Man. Utd.cheap and nasty thread it would be inappropriate for me to go on a rant. :D. Could easily discuss this on the Wild West section.
only reason mourinho is talking up Europa is due to direct qualification.. he considered the upcoming match against celta vigo as more important than the arsenal due to this reason alone.. what is the difference if you finish 5th or 6th when you can qualify for CL? most would agree with this also
If you read my previous post again you will realise we are stating much the same thing. If his team were sitting in the top three or four he would be scoffing at the Europa League and playing it down. As they are not he has to do the opposite and talk it up. He is entitled to change his priorities as the season unfolds but you can't disrespect a competition then respect it at the drop of a hat.